Reviews for There is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked
PearlM21 chapter 3 . 9/6/2020
This was such an intense and emotional ride. Great job with this.
K chapter 3 . 6/24/2020
Minerva and Gryffindors are hypocites.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 3 . 5/14/2018
Thanks for an interesting story, insightful in many ways! I'm glad you commented on my stories, so I could find yours.

While I do think Snape had a hard life, it's also true that Minerva was SUPPOSED to think that Snape was evil during the year that he was headmaster. He was supposed to be Voldemort's man that year, and if anyone had suspected that he wasn't, Voldemort would have killed him. So if Minerva believed him evil that year, it merely meant that he was an excellent spy who kept his cover well.

As for Lily, I see a lot of stories that blame her for everything and say that "mudblood" is "just a word." Magic doesn't exist in our world, so "Mudblood" IS just a word to US. But translate it into real-world prejudice to understand what it's like in the world the characters live in. Imagine that Snape had been calling all Black people "nigger" for years before he finally called Lily "nigger" to her face. (We know he did this because in canon, Lily tells Snape, "You call everyone of my birth 'mudblood,' Severus. Why should I be any different?") How horrible would that be? Can you imagine a Black person who KNOWS that someone calls other Black people "nigger" and continues to be friends with that person?

Lily has already been incredibly forbearing, to know that Snape said such things and continues to be friends with him. Finally, he called HER "nigger," and there was no going back after that. Racism is not a little deal. Bigotry is not a minor problem, easily overlooked by true friends. Bigotry is huge and horrible, and that was Rowling's point. She said in an interview that the thing she hates most in this world is bigotry, and Snape's losing Lily was part of that lesson for her readers - bigotry is THAT big and THAT important and THAT awful.

I feel sorry for Snape and think he got a raw deal in the books ... but not from Lily. I do think it was weird of her to fall for a bully like James, but I imagine she was reeling after her best friend of many years started loudly espousing bigotry against people like her. I can well imagine that she'd be desperate for someone to be nice to her, after that.
TequilaNervous chapter 3 . 1/15/2018
F#ck! You made me cry with this one!
Guest chapter 3 . 9/4/2017
Wow, great story and well written. Sad and true, beautifully written, the imagery vivid and great job capturing the raw details and emotions of events that could have definitely past. True to the characters as well. I applaud you and hope to read more of your work. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/4/2017
Good attention and capturing of details from the books, another great chapter.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2017
Love the first chapter so far, very intriguing and well written.
Erimenthe chapter 3 . 8/30/2017
Wow. This was...I don't even have the right words.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 3 . 8/8/2017
This is wonderfully written, but so depressing.
ippogrifo chapter 3 . 7/23/2017
Wonderful story. Very touching and with a lot of insightful remarks.
Really, thank you so much
not a muggle - just a witch chapter 2 . 7/13/2017
keep writing
Guest chapter 2 . 5/14/2017
Awaiting the final chapter...
cloudshape to ennien chapter 2 . 5/13/2017
This is great. I hope Minerva will come to see Snape in a different light. I hope she will in the end appreciate him, maybe even come to like him. And most of all I hope she will regret having treated him just as badly as everybody else has.

But then again - it won't change the fact, that his whole life really was hell and that he is dead now, without ever having had a life.

Hopefully you will go on with this story. I want Minerva to feel guilty...
JaneDoh0 chapter 2 . 3/14/2017
Your Minerva is an unbelievable hypocrite. She recognized the urine, but let stand a month of detention and never said anything to the Marauders? She thinks it is unsporting of Severus to attack the weakest Marauder, but A-OK for them to gang up four on one? She thinks his resentment of Lupin is jealousy? She attempts to "console" Severus by bringing up his "innocence" and that Albus trusts him? Does she know about the attempted murder of Severus at age 16?
plutoplex chapter 2 . 3/14/2017
Wow. The bit about Minerva recognizing the scent in Snape's hair later... I hate her a bit now for not doing anything about it and making excuses for herself.