Reviews for Vargas

This has to be one of the greatest stories I've ever read for JTHM. The only two other things that come close to comparison are "Rumors of my Demise" and "The Change".

Honestly great job. I just wish this archive was as popular as its relative IZ fanfiction wise so this story could get some more spotlight.

I happily await more. Great job.
Oh please don't be the end of the story! The feels!
Oh man, I don't even know how to feel anymore. .. thus fic is so cerebral and confusing, but in a good way! From jthm and I feel sick, I know that people who come into close contact with nny sometimes get a voice in their head that manifests itself like the dough boys, and that that voice is from some outside source... maybe? It's really interesting how you chose to explore the relationship between a person and the entity inside his head... I'm just along for the emotional ride
Blank chapter 29 . 5/31
Please god write more! This stories quality is amazing!
Lecture chapter 29 . 5/10
I spent the first twenty or thirty minutes just gushing to my gf about how excited I was to see you updated, it'd been so long that I was sure it'd joined the ranks of dead stories, still it's a favourite and one I revisit some of my favourite chapters every so often but MY GOD here is a new chapter, I just binge read it and my goodness I'm thrilled. You've done the impossible, you've gotten me emotionally invested in your oc, I love the relationship, the dynamic, this whole theme. URGH33 Thank you so much for this, it's one of two fics I'm dedicated to continue reading on here and it was just such a treat.

This is amazing, I love this story and these characters and I'm eager to continue reading. Absolutely enthralled. Very inspiring, cannot wait to see how the interaction with Nny is going to go. Keep up the good work babber!
Rini-D chapter 29 . 4/17
This is amazing..
I do hope there will be more.
I.. I really have no words to accurately describe all I feel about this chapter.
Deda Altesse chapter 29 . 4/15
So much pride in Todd!
dramatorama chapter 29 . 4/13
Well gosh, what a surprise. I've been following this story since I first joined ffn...

A lovely surprise :) So many feels attached to this story!
Haley chapter 17 . 3/1
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! Obviously, I'm either an idiot, or you are Satan and have come to Earth to write fanfictions that throw me deeper into the pit of insanity than even Nny has ever ventured. (DID THAT MAKE SENSE?)
Haley chapter 7 . 2/27
I cannot be the only one lmao'ing when I see I NO DIE and little hehes all over my screen.
Haley chapter 5 . 2/27
I agree with you. Whenever Johnny has his sane, clear little moments, I'm a little frightened. I also think it's pretty funny when he says random stuff. Adding Edgar to this scene just kinda made it seem complete. It's kinda strange how Edgar keeps looking at Johnny like he's some kind of experiment though. Ah well!
nick71458 chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Hello! I am writing this review to thank you for your brilliant story that has convinced me that original characters in fanfiction can be done well. I love Scriabin, the manipulative douche he is. And I love how his relationship with Edgar progresses: it is sick and twisted, and it is portrayed as sick and twisted, and it's so awesome! I really, really don't want to see any of them dead (I guess Edgar is not at risk now, but the cliffhanger makes me wonder about Scriabin), but even if you do kill one/all of them, I will still read it.
There are many things I love about your story, and one of them is that you've written Johnny C. in character. It's a rare thing to see (on this site, at least). Mostly he is portrayed like this absolutely normal, functional person who is able to think logically and who just happens to kill people. He is not: he is a homicidal schizophrenic, and I'm glad you've written him as he is, without sugarcoating. He is crazy, he is selfish - and I really like how you interpreted his idea that love equals death.
Your story makes me notice things I haven't noticed before and think on topics I'd rather avoid - which is a good thing, in my opinion. Like, everybody in fandom hates Jimmy, but hero-worships Johnny, right? And I now have a very good idea why. I'm not saying that Jimmy is better or worse than Johnny - they both are murderers, and while their intentions may differ, the result of their actions is always the same. But we sympathize with Johnny because we've seen his moments of weakness, his self-doubt, his self-loathing. We see nothing of that sort with Jimmy. That doesn't mean he didn't have them. He was a loathsome human being, but he was still human. (I know that wasn't Jhonen Vasquez's intention, but still).
I also made this crazy connection: your story can be read as a clever "Twilight" parody (I'm not too fond of "Twilight"). Please don't be offended. _ I suppose that wasn't your intention. I just see these parallels: an ordinary person whose life is practically empty for one reason or another gets stuck in two abusive relationships with supernatural creatures (I think Johnny can count as one). Both Johnny C. and Edward Cullen want to preserve their loved one by killing them, "freezing them in time", so they would be perfect forever. Both not really interested in sex. Both Scriabin and Jacob start out as reasonable ones, and as the story progresses turn into major manipulative douches. I've read your post that Scriabin could probably rape Edgar - same with Jacob and Bella (G-rated rape, but still). Of course, Edgar Vargas is a much better person than Bella Swan, and Johnny C. could totally kick Edward's sparkly ass. You also don't pretend that you're writing the love story of the century.
I've got a question: do any of the asides you posted happen in "Vargas" storyline? I am really anxious about Jake. He isn't dead, is he?
I love your story! You're so awesome, please keep writing. You inspired me to start a writing project of my own.
Thanks a lot!
WannaPlayKevinBacon chapter 28 . 7/14/2014
I read this fic years ago, in college before the latest chapters had come along. I will subscribe to it just in case there's ever more. I absolutely loved this story then and rereading it now I still do. Thanks so much for this fic, whether you ever finish it or not. It's really a gorgeous piece of writing and so consistent to be written over such a long span.
NextNothingNew chapter 28 . 4/20/2014
I can't fucking believe I've actually gotten so invested in these two that I was legitimately anxious over what would happen to Scriabin.