Reviews for As Color Fades Away
Shadow Gray chapter 38 . 6h
Yes, I did read your other story! I loved the more intense feel it has to it. I'm so sorry I'm late I was busy and can't seem to find much time lately!

Im also happy Lance seems to be more talkative and aware, makes me feel like.. happy? I don't know, it made this chapter amazing! I just can't help but wonder though, when will everyone find out about his attempts to take his life? Interesting.. Bye for now, and cannot wait for more
Scones chapter 38 . 14h
i'm crying so hard omg that ending was pERFECTION OH MY GOSH IT"S SO GOOD that last line got me so hard thank you so much
IceAurora chapter 38 . 23h
Ah shoot! Sorry for the later review, I've been pretty busy these past couple days.
I mean, I knew in a kind of abstract way that Lance would scar, and that he would need some SERIOUS physical therapy probably. But at the same time, I was really hoping it wouldn't happen?
I admire you for keeping it fairly real though, and having that bit about Lance's wrist. I really hope he recovers though, since man, his self-esteem is going to take ANOTHER major hit from this. He can't sharpshoot!
And the entire thing about not being able to be a paladin anymore? No. Just. No. You've set up so much stuff about Lance worrying that the team would abandon him, and the stuff about him being CHOSEN as a paladin and needing to fulfil that role, so... Yeah. Man, this is going to 'validate' all his insecurities. And if he feels like he's not contributing to the team and he's putting them in danger since Haggar is pursuing him? Ah! Oh no! Why!
Just. I don't know. You did a really good job with this chapter, and I don't really know what else I can say without repeating some of the stuff I've said in past reviews!
I did like how you covered some of the biological differences between Alteans and humans, as well as Keith's kind of revelation from an outside perspective. The entire planning for the cryo-pod and how that turned out was really enjoyable to read too!
This really was a good chapter. It does make me really curious about Haggar and Theodek's progress though! We haven't seen them as often now, and everything is going more or less calmly... Ah! I don't know how this is going to go down!
Thank you for the update! I look forward as always to the next!
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 38 . 10/22
I really hope Lance breaks form and tells them, eventually, why touch is such a huge trigger for him. Better yet, have Haggar say it and send the whole team into a much larger rage.
TheTheoryofFangirling chapter 38 . 10/22
Ah yes yes yes yes yes Lance is finally healed (physically) and Keith is alright and everyone is well rested and feeling much better. Ah this makes me happy ;). I loved Keith's POV bit and also Lance, Hunk and Coran's little recovery cuddling sesh. It obvs not over yet for our favourite blue paladin but it's getting there and it makes me feel so relieved and happy. I also think Shiro and Allura's plan of wormholing Lance away in his lion along with one other paladin (my bet is on Hunk and Yellow) is such a clever way to avoid any confrontation with Haggar and Lance. Definitely the best case scenario.
Ahhh I'm just so happy Lance is at least some degree healed but all his scars noooooo. I'm hoping maybe Allura or Coran will know a secret remedy that can visibly heal scars and reduce their psychological impact just so Lance won't have to infinitely suffer from his wounds.
Loved loved loved this chapter thank you so much for the update and hurry hurry with the next one x TToF
Egg rolls chapter 38 . 10/22
YESSYESYESYEYS LANCE IS AWAKE MY SUNSHINE BOY IS BACK! Okay I'm sorry for that but ! He's not dead ! This chapter also hurt me but oh god thank the lord that Lance isn't dying. Like, he probably won't be able to move his hands completely by the sound of it but he can probably still move them a tiny bit? ah. My boi. Not (too) hurt. Not dying. Not dead. Yet. Gosh my feels hURT. And by the sounds of it, where you possibly in some kind of accident? Bc a few times now you've mentioned getting really hurt and what not and I just, ouch. I'm glad you're (hopefully?) better now! And if you're not, I send Anyway, thank you again for this glorious chapter and I can't wait for the next one! It's honestly amazing that you can do BI WEEKLY UPDATES. LIKE, THATS INSANLY AMAZING. these chapters are (by the looks of it) a couple thousand words AND YOU DO THIS TWICE A WEEK. AH-MAZING. Okay, I'm sorry, but thanks for the chapter! Counting down the days till Tuesday :D
Adrianna Agray chapter 38 . 10/21
This was great: ) keep it up : ) You'll get through this Lance : )
White Space Lion chapter 38 . 10/21
Oh my god thank you for not totally maiming Lance for good. It's still not as great as I wanted it to be, but hey 3 out of 4 limbs? That's 75%. A passing grade. (I'm a terrible person. I'm grading you on how badly you're treating Lance.)

No offense, but you kinda scare me with how detailed THIS fic is. I don't think I'll be checking out your other story. I need to look at pictures of kittens and puppies now. XD Or cute Lance art.

And as for Haggar, I'LL TAKE CARE OF THAT BITCH! *charges Galra ship weilding a makeshift morning star made from a baseball bat and jumbo thumb tacks* I'M INVINCIBLE!
DoctorMerlinReid chapter 38 . 10/21
At first, I was like, please please please don't let Lance's limb be too injured and please don't let him have to go through horrible things to fix it, but now I kind of really want to see him with a prothsetic with Shiro being a precious small pumpkin trying to show Lance how to get used to his arm without falling into his own flashbacks and also not really knowing how to explain it. And then the two discover the true pain and power of having fake arms. That's just a head cannon, of course, but I would love to see something like that. Thanks for the lovely chapter as always and I eagerly await the next one!
Rookblonkorules chapter 38 . 10/21
Nice introspection on the rivalry between Keith and Lance-at least from Lance's end. See, in the show, Lance's behavior always rubbed me the wrong way because he was cocky and it seemed like he was being a bit of a harassment when Keith just wanted to be left alone. And being someone who definitely appreciates her solitude and doesn't like loud and noisy people in her face, I sympathized with Keith. But it was definitely nice to see it from Lance's point of view... so to speak. I mean really, we saw it from Hunk's perspective, but he was telling all of us how Lance felt and who better to know how Lance feels than Hunk?
And also, his reaction to the scars... oh gosh. That's not going to be easy to get over. I'm glad to see it could go either way. I'm sort teetering on the edge and feeling like he might be needing a prosthetic somewhere down the recovery line, but here's to keeping our fingers crossed.
Is it bad that I'm really, really, really anticipating Haggar's return? I know it will be terrible for Lance, but at the same time, it will most likely bring him closure once he sees her defeated himself. Especially if he's the one who beats her. And I have a feeling that that will be the case.
Awesome chapter
Justanangryfangirl chapter 38 . 10/21
LANCE FINALLY GOT A HUG! YAY! I'M SO HAPPY! This chapter was great. The way you write the feelings of the team is perfect. Absolutely amazing. I can't even right now.
Alexa chapter 38 . 10/21
You are making it really really hard for me to settle on a favorite chapter in this fic. Just when I think my heart has been melted or broken so thoroughly that I **know** that scene is giong to be my favorite, you go and do it again. For reference, I am referring to that gorgeous Hunk hug and then Coran joining in. My heart sputtered and the tears came like Lance's and it was just so touching. I love how you always describe Hunk as warm too. It really evokes that safety feeling and to Lance, who does not like the cold in any way right now, that has got to be beyond comforting.

Lance finding out about the scar around his throat was a punch in teh gut. Hearing about all the scars you gave him made me hurt. But I"m glad you did because it would be very unreasonablef or him to get out of that with nothing. Still, to have that terrible one in plain sight on his Lance. And I loved the hand solution and I love that I really have no idea which way you're actually going to go because honestly you've made Lance so well rounded that he could really go with either. I'm excited to see which you pick.
Alzion chapter 38 . 10/21
I really like the idea, but I think Lance should try first therapy, like basic exercises for his arm.
Jadegem02 chapter 38 . 10/20
Awwwwwww! Poor lance with the thought of a prosthetic and coming out of the pod disoriented and then having those flashbacks after waking up and not being able to use the hand very well. I feel soooo bad for him! And I wonder what will happen in the next chapter now that lance is woken up, and I wonder what the rest of the team will think, I can’t wait for the next chapter! Hopefully the mental healing process can begin now.

I love your other stories too that you do even if they don’t end in a happy ending, a broken shield had me almost crying with how they died and but that just makes you a great author to have the ability to bring out emotions in your writing and I can’t wait to read more of your stories in the future! X-D
2,252 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »