Reviews for The Thief and the Flower
Cryoshade chapter 7 . 10/8
Oh that cliffhanger! Love the bit of action we got to see at the end. I thought at first Flynn could end that conflict without getting into a fight, but after what the Captain said... yeah, I’d fight by his side any day. Looking forward to more!
shelbylynn91 chapter 7 . 10/2
I’m so happy you updated! Your writing is seriously amazing. I can’t wait for the fight I know it’s going to be awesome! Please update again soon!
mOrE pLeAsE
Cryoshade chapter 6 . 1/20
The difference in setting between Weselton and Corona is like night and day. Everything Flynn experiences makes Corona feel like paradise and a place I wish I could visit right now! ESPECIALLY The Honeycomb. The descriptions of the food there made me hungry when I was reading it, and I had to buy a box of paczki on my way home from work yesterday!

Norris seems like a really good guy despite his shady background, and it was cool to see Cassandra make an appearance too. I’m looking forward to seeing both of them in the future. Great writing as always!
NanoBlade chapter 5 . 8/19/2018
This adaptation of the opening scene in tangled is amazing! Simply well put, you know exactly how to paint the most perfect pictures with you words! Great work, friend!
Thunderforth chapter 5 . 7/22/2018
Thank you so much for updating this is one of the best stories I read in my life please update soon you have great skill in writing congratulations
Veyron722skyhook chapter 5 . 6/22/2018
You put my writing to shame. :)
Bjorn chapter 3 . 4/12/2018
Eugene senses almost make similar to an assassins creed game character
Piccolo Sky chapter 4 . 4/9/2018
That was quite the action sequence, although I began to notice something. Eugene seems a bit TOO lucky. Things work out in his favor far too easily. I'm beginning to wonder if he unknowingly has in his possession something magic or somesuch which has been granting him all of his success. Maybe the loss of such a thing will be what leads him to joining up with the Stabbington Brothers to steal the crown...

Also, while I haven't watched any of it myself, I wonder if "Tangled Ever After" is causing you to rethink any of your ideas for this story.

Have fun and keep writing. :)
Bjorn chapter 4 . 2/4/2018
This is an amazing story the best I have ever long beautifull chapters with a philosophy of freedom I absolutely love it congratulations keep up the good work I'm waiting for the next chapter
Nightfury18 chapter 4 . 1/26/2018
This has quite possibly been one of the very BEST story I have read. Your four chapters are incredible, non-stop, nail-biting, heart-pounding series of adventure! If Eugene Fitzgibert (Flynn Rider) ever gets a TV series, this would be it! I absolutely loved how you brought out his personality and connected multiple Disney stories together; Cinderella, Frozen, The Little Mermaid and so much more! I could feel the devastation Rupunzel's parents felt when she was kidnapped by Gothel, Flynn's determination to become like his idol as well as the wonderfully-made supporting characters to this story! Keep writing your adventures, dear friend and let the Winds of Imagination take you far into new worlds. Never stop living your dreams!
Piccolo Sky chapter 3 . 1/11/2018
Sorry that it took me so long to read more.

(Trombone) The clerk thinks HE'S in trouble. I don't think Eugene will be able to seduce his way out of this one. Things might go very badly soon.

Anyway, now that the plot is moving along, I'm getting more intrigued in the situation and the characters. It seems Rapunzel is still a ways off, but I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I really appreciate the dry humor. As you might have guessed, that's the kind I like to do too. And thank you for the credit, even though I just made that stuff up for my long-since-banned unofficial novelization. :P

Nice work. It looks like it's been a while since an update...but I hope you're still working on it.
Nerdherder51 chapter 4 . 9/23/2017
Now that was a fun and epic final chapter. Your writing style draws the reader to an exhilarating adventure yarn with daring feats, bold plans, narrow escapes, damsels in distress and rousing heroes who stand up against the vile authoritarians with a smile on their face and a quip on their lips.

I thoroughly enjoyed the reference to the Get Smart motion picture and the priceless reactions by the Duke of Weselton as he slowly realized what had happened to him and that Flynn not only managed to sneak into the gala in plain sight, but conversed with the aristocracy, stole their valuables and duped his "security" into giving up the location of the secret treasure room.

And once again Boganti was a hoot. He really has lost his mind. In fact, all the witnesses rounded up were all such fun as they were in awe of Flynn Rider who appealed to them as a Robin Hood type of heroic figure.

And of course Flynn himself was a joy. His cheerful attitude to life, thievery and rescuing lovely maidens (via his internal monologue) really feels true to his character in the film. And I enjoyed how the story essentially sets the stage for Tangled. Great work, I hope you will write more about Flynn before Rapunzel, you have a great talent for this kind of story authorship.
RandomReaderQ chapter 4 . 9/17/2017
That bit at the beginning of the chapter about gambling actually made me laugh out loud. The great carriage escape was epic, and oh so perfectly Flynn. And the witness interrogation? Absolutely priceless XD Once again, brilliant writing! Flynn's inner musings flow perfectly with the story, enhancing it rather than distracting from the plot. This is a feat I have rarely seen accomplished, well done! Seriously loving this story. And now he's headed for Corona! I expect the Stabbington bros will be making an appearance? Super excited for the next update, keep up the awesome work!
Cryoshade chapter 4 . 8/27/2017
Wow! You know, I think the best thing about the way that you write Flynn is that you capture his wit and charm in everything he does, from his internal thoughts to the way he antagonizes his enemies or inspires Opal. It was heartwarming the way that he helped her and many others after finding that treasure room, keeping only a few treasures for himself and giving the rest away.

I found myself laughing a lot this chapter with all the predicaments he got into, and the very creative, quick-witted solutions he came up with to get out of them! Weaseltown deserved every bit of what he got, and it's so satisfying to know that his "backup plan" in Arendelle is going to fail SO HARD! I love it!

Boganti continues to be a favorite of mine whenever he shows up :) And of course I caught that 'Let it Go' reference at the end! I thought it was the perfect setting for Flynn to reflect on his night, sailing into the future with more adventures on the horizon and even more treasures to be found. As always, I'm looking forward to where he goes next, and how everything falls into place before he meets Rapunzel. Keep up the good work, Mastermind! We're off to Corona!