Reviews for The Will of the Empire
Can a vibroblade stick in a leg? I would think it would fall/cut it’s way out, because it is vibrating.
SarahBethLF chapter 19 . 1/8
.*Sigh* Count me as another person who thinks this is a great story, and would love to see it finished. I'm so sad that we haven't seen Luke and Mara together yet. I think that you could legitimately end the story at Luke's coronation, if the thought of finishing the full story is too daunting. Maybe provide an epilogue. At any rate, love the story, would love to see some loose ends wrapped up.
styxews chapter 19 . 1/5
Compelling and sucking one in is what I describe this story as. I would very much love to see it continued.
All the best in your endeavours!
Also, love the rants :)
lord of the east chapter 19 . 12/10/2022
This fic is super amazing !

I sincerely hope you continue it ...
leonardmosca08 chapter 1 . 12/2/2022
You Star wars fanfiction writers could give a lesson to how to write proper fanfiction you guys are the best of the best on this site and for that I'm eternally grateful you guys stay true to the material and even if you straight outside the story to create alternative Cannon the way you guys write it it feels if it could have been an episode or movie because I feel you guys grasp and understand the true meaning behind Star wars and that is what it means to be a true fan it's rare to find a real fan writing on the site most of hacks impersonate in the fan but the Star wars fan you don't have that problem with and for that like I said I'm a totally grateful and wish you and all your fan fiction writers on here a happy holidays and no spike in the food punch but that no that was my late cat's evil twin brother mochi
Thomas-The-TMC chapter 18 . 12/1/2022
Still the best au fiction out there
Thomas-The-TMC chapter 2 . 11/24/2022
I'd forgotten about this amazing fiction. Pity it was never updated
iacopo.passerini chapter 1 . 11/9/2022
Storia molto interreaante!
Complimenti!
Western Witch chapter 19 . 10/5/2022
Oh I hope you pick up this story again soon cause it's AWESOME! I've laughed my ass off at the Rogues interactions and its nice to see that the Empire has some reasonable people in it.

Please update soon!
ravenloo0926 chapter 5 . 9/30/2022
Lando says uncle Ben's line
marmota-b chapter 10 . 8/19/2022
I can't help but chime in with my five cents regarding your Author's Note about names here, because I'm a language nerd who tends to notice that sort of thing. You have two more human names "remotely like ours" staring you in the face here: Wes (Janson, to boot) and Derek. There's definitely more - for example Kyle (Katarn). Moreover, there are far more Real World or real World-adjacent names in there that may be less obvious to you because they're not "English" in origin. Padmé springs to mind, but so does Jan - that may not be a male name in English, but it is in other languages, of which mine is one (though it is pronounced differently from English) so it was always *very* obvious to me. Mara is a real name. Jango is also basically just a different spelling of an existent Real World name/nickname (ever heard of Django Reinhardt?). Considering all that, I am more lenient on that sort of thing, although I have to agree it has to be treated with caution and a certain degree of sensibility to the style of the name in question. :-)
I'm both enjoying the ride and still not entirely sure whether this is or isn't my kind of story. But I certainly do appreciate the Legends references, and your attention to detail - I do share your insistence on consistent worldbuilding.
Guest chapter 19 . 8/4/2022
Your story is quite good.

Not much criticism I could give it. Some parts drag on, with too much prose. However, that being my only complaint is an indication of quality.
mastercheif1229 chapter 19 . 6/7/2022
Great story so far! Really hope that you continue this at some point!
Julie Q chapter 19 . 5/16/2022
Re. Luke's reactions to the deaths of his aunt and uncle compared to that of Obi-Wan:

1] We didn't really see very much of Luke's reaction to his discovery of his aunt and uncle's burning bodies, nor is it ever established how long he stayed at the farm subsequent to his discovery - it just doesn't come up in the film. So for all we know, Luke cried for their loss, buried them with his bare hands and erected name markers for them, then told Beru and Owen how much he loved them and would never forget them, all off-camera - and only THEN returned to the wreckage of the sandcrawler.

2] Luke witnessed Obi-Wan's death firsthand, while he didn't witness his aunt and uncle's deaths. It makes a huge impact how you react to a bereavement.

I hope this helps! :) *hugs*
LrdDrkHlmt chapter 19 . 5/11/2022
I know it's been 2 years since you wrote anything but I hope you get the bug again. I love this story and would very much like to see it continue. If not I shall be sad but I want to thank you for what you did write, it was very enjoyable.