Reviews for The Will of the Empire
iceicetiger chapter 20 . 3/10
this has been a wonderful read and i really really want you to know how much i appreciate the level of knowledge and thought you put into this story!
as a huge legends fan, this story has had me riveted for the whole weekend. it is always a pleasure to read something that sticks true to characters and also KNOWS all the awesome legends characters!

cant wait to see what else youve written and to binge more!
lord of the east chapter 20 . 2/26
Damm this was a great fic !
SarahBethLF chapter 20 . 2/24
I was enjoying your story, and am sad that you're unable to finish it. BUT... thank you so much for explaining what would have happened! It's so frustrating when a story just ends in the middle, and you're left hanging. I really appreciate your taking the time to be honest about not finishing , and more importantly, to provide some resolution to the story line.
albeva chapter 20 . 1/14
This was a wonderful story and, without a doubt, one of the very best SW fanfics I've read! I'm very sorry to see that you abandoned it, but regardless - thanks for writing and posting what you have! It was an enjoyable read.

While I know you said it is abandoned, maybe consider doing a small set of one-shots to provide some conclusions? That would be wicked sweet awesome!
albeva chapter 11 . 1/14
I do not like Mara Jade and especially despise the romance between her and Luke. While Disney did a lot of damage to the Star Wars IP, removing her from official canon is one of the few good decisions they have made.

For me, Luke is one of the few leading mail protagonists in modern media who isn't driven or sidetracked by romance (I'm basing this on the canon material & movies). In modern media, it seems like a necessary checkbox without which no script or project gets approved. With Luke, we can use our own imagination if he is asexual, gay, straight or just generally uninterested. MJ... at times feels her only purpose was to make Luke into a stereotypical heterosexual male, make him conform.

While I think your story is fantastic and well-written, I hope it won't devolve into smut and romance between Luke and Mara...
Interesting concept
Trace Reading chapter 20 . 1/3
if it's abandoned then marking it as complete would be a good idea.
Trace Reading chapter 19 . 1/3
a clone may have your DNA but without tight controls it won't develop in the exact same way as you.
Trace Reading chapter 9 . 12/27/2023
I blame the various Star Wars video games (starting with Super Empire Strikes Back) for the trend of naming Force powers. It's player convenience.

That said there ARE named Force abilities, such as 'tutaminis' which Force adepts use to protect themselves from environmental hazards like intense heat, or low-level radiation. Most authors I think would just shortcut to 'Force Jump' for example instead of finding 100 ways to say 'used the Force to gain extra height/distance'.
OSR fanatic chapter 6 . 12/23/2023
come this coming march. This story will reach it's 7th year b-day. And it's sad this story wont continue. But things happen. Sad though that it happened.
OSR fanatic chapter 1 . 12/23/2023
I love that sentence Piett said. "maybe the Emperor had a secret child no one ever knew about."

Since that was revealed in the later sequel movies that Should Not Have Existed. At least in their current state.
Now that we know Disney Had No plan of Direction for those movies.
Jack chapter 14 . 12/7/2023
Story's amazing but the rant is even beter
Guest chapter 20 . 12/7/2023
Thank you for telling us what you intended to do with the story. It always frustrates me when authors leave their stories unfinished and keep us wondering what was going to happen next.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/6/2023
Are you going to put this on AO3
GrandmasterRed chapter 6 . 11/26/2023
Dang. I'm reading this now for the first time, and am so bummed to see it's dead. At least I have a good few chapters left.