Reviews for Being Right is Overrated
emiliagilmore chapter 13 . 3/31
I have a new favourite Jess and Rory fic. Everything about this was perfect: the right amount of humour (Luke as a Trekki) and sexual tension (the last chapter).
LeSass chapter 13 . 2/12
after many years, readers are still finding you :) admittedly it's because of another writer, but still! aside from comparing jess to holden caulfield, this was beautifully written. i've never read such a spot on capture of lorelai, and the amount of care you'd put into the literary references was stunning. thanks for this, fourteen years later :)
Chloe chapter 13 . 12/30/2016
That was amazing! The characters seem so real! please finish this it is one of the best I've read!
AJ Granger chapter 13 . 12/23/2016
Holy shit, that was awesome! So loving this story. Everyone is perfect - Paris, Jess, Rory, Loralei, Luke, Lane - it's all just amazingly good. I'm glad they did not get interrupted, and that Rory is exploring her interest in Jess. Love the literature discussions as well, and the snippets of poetry. It's gotta be tough to write a realistic Jess and Rory story because of all the references and authors that can be dragged into things. You do this well. I'm sad there's not more to read from here.
Jessicarhb chapter 13 . 12/9/2016
I saw a recommendation for this on tumblr and post revival I need more Jess and Rory in my life. And I know it has been 12 years for you. And I don't know if you will ever see this but I just wanted to say thank you. I can barely remember who I was 12 years ago, and I certainly don't remember my email from back then but this story is incredible and I couldn't not comment. Even if you don't write another word, I feel like this is the hopeful ending I wanted for these two. You have captured Jess better than the revival in my opinion. When you write in his voice, it comes across as perfectly fluid and sincere. You are true to who the characters are and I know I'm gushing but it's incredible.
thethirdpartofthenight chapter 13 . 11/3/2016
I can't believe the last guest reviewer who disses your story and your writing, ugh.. This is I think my favorite lit story on this site, I read a lot myself, so Jess and Rory's connection through books was one of my favorite parts of their relationship, and one of my most usual complaints about lit fanfics was that most writers don't actually enact literature-related conversations that Jess and Rory would naturally have all that often, instead they usually repeat the references already mentioned in the show, for example Howl, in a way that felt like they'd never read it and just want to go on with the story. So I really loved yours, I already love a lot of your references and I'm certainly intrigued to look into the ones I haven't already read, and I think this is what a conversation between Jess and Rory would really be like. I also really loved your overall writing, you managed to capture the building of desire towards someone in a really honest manner, I'm so sad there are only 13 chapters, this website needs more stories like yours.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/23/2016
It says a lot about this bullshit story if this has been handled better in the Show than in your Story. Rory is a pathetic little girl always looking at Jess. This is ridiculous! So she is not with Dean anymore but Jess still fucks Shane. You arme wasting Time with stupid talks about literature. Like said at GG this was Perfect. Rory and Dean broke up and Rory and Jess got together. That is how it should be. This is just a joke. You are embarrassing yourself. Who needs an idiot like you in the literati fandom? The only potential this has is to put everyone to sleep - so boring and pointless is it.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/23/2016
So this is just continuing the bullshit we have seen at the Show. Rory is still with Dean and Jess uses Shane to make Rory jealous. You are disgusting! Were is the point in this crap?
nroseg chapter 13 . 7/29/2015
It's been ten years. TEN YEARS?! Why am I just now finding this fic?! It's been ten years, the likelihood that you still have the same e-mail address, and will actually get this notification is slim to none - I understand that, but I HAD to leave a review in the slim hope that your phone will ding, you'll see an email notification, you'll check it and read that I think you're amazing. An amazing, mind blowing, outstanding author who deserves all 600 reviews that you've received, and I wanted to add my name to the list of people begging you to come back to this 10 year old fic and start it up again. You made Jess and Rory come alive, again, and I can't get enough. That sex scene? Oh god! And it wasn't even "full on" sex, but still, it catapulted this fic to my top two rated "M" fics of all time. Your talent is extraordinary, and I hope you've made writing your career in the last decade. Please, come back. Give us a couple more chapters. This version of RJ will stay with me forever, even longer if it never gets finished.
subchan chapter 5 . 5/12/2015
I love this story! Jess has Fallen so deep!
KEMLEM81 chapter 13 . 5/10/2015
Oh wow! This is such a well written story, totally engrossing and true to the characters. So sad to see you've left it here but thanks for sharing these chapters all the same.
subchan chapter 13 . 3/12/2015
I hope you write more. you have an amazing ways with words. it's practically breath taking! Thanks you for you have wrote tho i really do hope you will write more some day soon!
Vivian H chapter 13 . 3/9/2015
Wow! You are an amazing writer. I wish you had finished this story... I read your fanfics by recommendation of knowhere, also an amazing GG fanfic writer.
darkheadlights chapter 13 . 8/20/2013
I so dearly wish you would come back to this story. I know you most likely never will, and that makes me really depressed. One of the best Literati fics I've read. Doesn't hurt that that scene was reaaaaaaally hot. Ha! Come back! Please?
sonckad chapter 13 . 7/14/2013
So sad to have found this story only a decade later after it was posted but I do hope that you update it at some point. I especially enjoyed how you merged their sexual and intellectual attraction almost in one, something that I truly feel we didn't get to see on the show.