Reviews for Sticks and Stones
123anime chapter 16 . 5/14
Nice!
whitehound chapter 9 . 1/7
Since he has nothing to lose he *could*, of course, tell the DEs that Tom Riddle is a halfblood whose wizarding half is tainted by madness due to inbreeding...

I see you got the bit about Harry having absorbed some of Voldemort right too,even though you did not (of course) know about Horcruxes. Well done. To get this many things right when you were writing so early in the series is a triumph.
whitehound chapter 7 . 1/7
Yes, the real teacher on whom Snape was based was bad tempered when JK knew him because he was suffering from overwork combined with extreme insomnia and a messy divorce.

There's a plot-bunny there, you know - who better to get the Slytherins and Gryffindors to socialise by dosing them with psychotropic drugs than Snape himsmelf?
whitehound chapter 6 . 1/7
Eh - OK. We don't do yearbooks at British schools (just whole-class or whole-school annual photographs), or Valedictorians, and graduation is a thing you do at university - but it's not *impossible* that Hogwarts in the 1970s had picked up some American customs. The wizarding world is pretty small, after all. Certainly Slughorn holds Snape up as the exemplar of a perfect Potions student and he must have been good at Herbology and probably DADA too, otherwise Voldemort wouldn't hahve thought it made sense for him to apply for the DADA job. And yes, it was fairly well confirmed in OotP that he's not great with a broom.
whitehound chapter 5 . 1/7
Oh dear - there's that thundering-great Britpick which is so common in fanfics and which often derails the plot. "Master" is a British word for a male schoolteacher, so "Potions master" just means "Man who teaches Potions". There may well be a Master's degree in Potions *as well*, but the people who held it would be called Master Potioneers or "Grayson MPot" - "Master Grayson" would be the correct form of address for a very small male child - say three years old - who wasn't old enough yet to be a Mister.

Also, I don't know what hotcakes are so probably Harry and Snape wouldn't either and the dungeons should be warmer than the upper floors of the castle - although you're in good company because that's an error Rowling makes too. The deeper into the earth you go the warmer it gets - but maybe the lake cools them down.

Still a very good read but the Master thing really derails this particular chapter because it's so distracting - just as it would be if a British person wrote a story set in the US in which it was assumed that a bellhop was a type of clown who performed dances by jumping over bells.
whitehound chapter 2 . 1/7
I like this, and I think it's terribly interesting that even though this was evidently written before OotP came out, you still picked up on the ideas of Sirius continuing to bait Snape and doubt his loyalties (even though your Sirius is more violent than the one in the books) and that Snape is giving Harry individual lessons.

Your Snape has evidently never been in a fight in Glasgow, or he would know that on hands and knees in front of Sirius with Sirius standing on his hand was a perfect position from which to headbutt Sirius in the crotch.
SaiyaCat chapter 16 . 12/20/2016
Epic!
SaiyaCat chapter 5 . 12/20/2016
So Cute This Chapter Was So Beautifully Sweet.
etherian chapter 11 . 11/15/2016
I would not accept his apology or crocodile tears either.
Kaddppa chapter 16 . 11/5/2016
This. Was. Beautiful.
Guest chapter 15 . 6/15/2016
Dumbledore deserved far worse than that. He should have been on bended knee in front of Snape, begging for forgiveness (see what I did there?)
Guest chapter 12 . 6/15/2016
Oh yes, well done Harry! You're such a kindhearted, noble hero! You actually felt and ounce of sympathy for Snape! You must be so proud!
Guest chapter 11 . 6/15/2016
But of course. The Gryffindor is immediately forgiven and doted on...pathetic
Guest chapter 3 . 6/15/2016
Am I the only one who thinks it would have been cool if Harry had wowed snape with his pain tolerance due to abuse from Dursleys?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
Aw man, I was hoping that Harry would witness the fight and be horrified at Sirius' violence