Reviews for Sticks and Stones
Anonymous chapter 16 . 3/11/2023
Thank you so much. I really liked this story.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/15/2023
A good story.
But I just can’t get how a victim will want to be friend with bullies.
Even if Severus wanted to be friends with the marauders when he was young. After so many years of the way they treated him without remorse it just doesn’t make sense.
Guest chapter 16 . 9/30/2022
That was a good ending to a good story. Good job
guest chapter 15 . 5/15/2022
I know this was written very early, but I can't take any more whitewashing of the Marotters (name from Alethea27) and their abettor Dumbles, whose cruelty was greater than theirs. It is ~not~ a criticism of your writing, which is quite good and in some ways prescient; I just can't read any more.

Thanks for writing, and good luck in the future.
Lola chapter 16 . 2/13/2020
Now that was one fluffy ending! XD

The only thing was that I thought Harry would seek him out one last time to thank him and whatnot.

Oh well. Thanks for your story.
Lola chapter 15 . 2/13/2020
"My deepest desire was to never have existed at all"

Ah man, that had ME in tears!
What an awful, sweet chapter.

Is Lupin ever going to tell him he and Harry were genuinely scared for him on that train?
Lola chapter 12 . 2/13/2020
I love the story so far, but it gets a bit weird here. That neither Lupin nor Black can Apparate to get help once they knew where they were is already a bit of a stretch, but once they were in London, surely one of them could have gone to St Mungo's for help? Platform 9 3/4 was a safe enough place to wait.

I liked in the earlier chapter that Snape thought Harry was James; I wouldn't have been surprised if that had happened again in this chapter, what with the fever and all.
Lorde Shadowz chapter 16 . 2/13/2020
An incredibly powerful story; thank you so much writing it! Sevvie finally gets the recognition he deserves, after so long...
Lola chapter 6 . 2/13/2020
Wow, a lot is not canon, but you wrote this in 2003, so I can hardly blame you for it! Well, except maybe that most people don't have children at age 20 so the parents of Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle would likely be older, but soit.
The whole exchange between McGon and Snape was very amusing, and I like that your Harry also notices and appreciates Snape's... more human moments.
Lola chapter 3 . 2/13/2020
I thought Harry would recognize Snape's slightly trembling hands and unsteady gait as something he's seen many times before after the man returned from summonings, but no...
gginsc chapter 16 . 10/16/2019
I think Dumbles and his crew are all a bunch of hypocrites and liars. After using Snape for a lifetime Dumbles refuse to let the man choose his own way out! A binding spell, indeed! Just another way to control the poor man.
Erimenthe chapter 16 . 10/6/2018
What a wonderful insight into the most elusive person ever. I love the way you portrayed everything that was done by/too Severus throughout the story and I'm glad he was kept alive to finally start seeing that he does matter. To the cause, to his fellow professors, to the students..not just Slytherins but some others as well. I do hope that Draco and the other few students from Slytherin manage to make it back and follow his lead, even if they did decide they had to accept being marked.
JG chapter 5 . 7/23/2018
That whole chapter was brilliant, I loved the interactions between those three!
Guest chapter 16 . 9/15/2017
Aww, great ending line. All together a Good job, well written and a different Snape background story but it works perfectly. And yes, I can clearly imagine him breaking down and no matter what he is on the brink through out the books if you think about. Even if he survived he would be a miss mentally and emotionally then physically from attack. You captured the struggle perfectly and ignore my previous rant but it was a bit questionable. Anyway you redeem yourself greatly and I praise you for tackling a tough issue. I also like Neville's gift and everyone surrounding him in support in the lounge. Great job, well written and thought out. Thanks for sharing. I think I will check out your other stories.
Guest chapter 14 . 9/14/2017
Wow very good redemption and happy I stuck it out. Powerful, raw and real. Depression hurts and exhausting. Yes, Sirius brought up some painful experiences that were at bay and opened the flood gates.