Reviews for Sticks and Stones
Milka chapter 16 . 7/7/2007
Woow.

The end of the last chapter made me alomost cry. This is one of the best stories I have read in a long time.

You keept everyone really in character and in my opinion you maintain a very good balance between Severus point of view and Harry's point of view.

I'm not a native English speaker, but I hope I have been able to get my point across, because I really liked your story.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 16 . 7/2/2007
-blinks- Okay! Okay... fine. I cheated.
Amaruk Wolfheart of the Wraith chapter 16 . 6/18/2007
An amazing, wonderful tale. A thousand congratulations.
Xiilnek chapter 16 . 10/28/2006
Holy Wow.

Incredibly, undeniably wonderful.

:D

Wow.
Carol J chapter 16 . 8/13/2006
I love your story. I spent the whole evening reading it and I enjoyed it very much. Great work.
NoxSomnium chapter 16 . 7/16/2006
What can I say? That was wonderful. Everyone was completely in character. Your descriptions of emotions were not only believable but clear and showing one the depths of a characters soul. I have a deep desire to write you a six foot review, but I'm not a writer and I can't put it into words.

Remus's feelings concerning the train "incident" were so perfectly him. His pain was so palpably in the room with me, it was somewhere on par with Severus's, and Sirius oblivious. So caught up with his own world that he can't see what's in front of his nose.

Neville, I kept picturing him asking Severus to yell at him so he would know that he was all right. Or deliberately provoking him. Supposedly it's Hufflepuff, but when Gryffindors aren't being self absorbed, and are faced with anothers true pain, they do seem to have a tremendous capacity for caring. And Neville especially.

Albus, I can see Severus getting the impression that he wasn't of value in Albus's eyes. It makes sense. I'd probably feel the same way. What's your take on why Albus acted like that? Other than one of those occasional breaks in his omniscience.

Harry. What does one say about Harry? He grew. I was shocked. People frequently don't in these things. They change but they don't grow.

Severus. Oh my. Such agony. And he's happy at the end *sniff*. Yay. I can't articulate feelings. I have a distinct soft spot for him anyway. Severus and Remus. But not romantically inclined toward one another. That's ooc. But, I digress. More. You express him so well. And let us violate his privacy to such a degree. He'd be so mad at you :) This story was so satisfying. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me happy at the end. And had a distinct minimum of typos.

I applaud you.
NoxSomnium chapter 14 . 7/16/2006
You've made me cry. When the students were all happy. Cretins.
chibi.daydreamer chapter 16 . 6/12/2006
aww! that was so sweet and amazing cute! loved it. i actually cried at one point in the story, and i was heartbroken at learning about how severus thinks of his life and all. amazing. great job!
mylittlehazmat chapter 16 . 5/21/2006
I love it. I love you. I love your complete and utter understanding of Severus' actions and emotions, and of the books themselves. I ... am absolutely ... completely cowed over this story. Amazed. Absolutely amazed. I never would have thought of it, and even though I have always loved Snape, this just increases my respect for him. It's art, what you've created, art. You deserve the Order of Merlin that the students are petitioning for. You have so much talent, and I'm so impressed by this. Keep it up. A week from now, I'll still be going on at your comprehension of one Severus Snape.

Tata!
Wujjawoo chapter 16 . 5/19/2006
Possibly the best and most in-character Snape story i have ever read. I really liked it.
Alex chapter 11 . 5/1/2006
I have really enjoyed this story up to this point, but you have fallen into one of my least favorite cliches in fanfiction. In trying to make Snape a sympathetic character you feel the need to justify his hatred of Harry in a way that is not his fault.

The "I don't hate him because of his father, but because he has earned it" theory. The major problem with this is that Snape has hated Harry and treated him as such since his first day, before Snape had any chance to find out what he was like.

I'm not a Snape-hater, I actually like his character. However, I hate it when authors turn him into such a martyr; abused, taken advantage of, and unappreciated, whose hatreds and prejudices are reasonable and justfied.
FireWeaver chapter 16 . 4/26/2006
*SOB* It was so beautiful! I've rarely read a story that gave Severus that happy of an ending; most is neutral, and I guess it is really hard because of his character, but you did it so well. AWESOME JOB! Love it love it love it!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 16 . 4/12/2006
Good story. Well I kinda thought Sirius was slightly cruel at some places but he wasn't Ooc that much. You did great.
VickiWeasley chapter 16 . 4/12/2006
this is so cute i luved it i wanna say a lot more but my brain oesnt seem to put it ino words so um...good job!
wynnleaf chapter 16 . 3/29/2006
I really liked this fic. Yes, it could be better as some have commented - perhaps more action than narration to convey character development. Perhaps Remus is a bit on the too nice side, and Sirius maybe - maybe - a bit too much (really? I don't like Sirius much, so maybe you were just fine with him!). I noticed some reviews commented that maybe Severus was too powerful. On the other hand, the end of HBP gave us what a hint that Severus may be a very powerful duellist. On the whole, I thought your characters stayed well in character. I like your Dumbledore. Harry was fairly well done, although of course we learn in canon that his hate for Severus truly does run deep. Still, in the context of your story, I think your Harry works well and isn't OOC for pre-OOTP.

Despite any weaknesses, I think this is one of my favorite Snape-centric novel lengths. Good work!
450 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »