Reviews for Sticks and Stones
GoldenPhoenix 12 chapter 16 . 3/12/2006
good story
sunset time chapter 16 . 2/15/2006
A very good story. You had a very believable resolution for Snape and your characters stayed in character. It was a bit heavy on the angst-o-meter at times, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Thank you.
Tooi ake chapter 16 . 1/25/2006
Awesome fic! I'm glad I found it. Thank you for writing it.
bosniadovlin chapter 16 . 12/14/2005
Wow, this story is really good, I love how you portray Snape. Can't really think of anything else to say, except that I wish you'd stayed in this fandom, because this is so good.
A. Z. Saphir chapter 16 . 12/8/2005
An absolutely lovely story! Very well-done characterization of Severus.

Made me cry! Well Done ~Anna Saphir~
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 16 . 11/29/2005
YAY! AMAZING I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! whew, sorry-now that that's out of my system...

your Snape is amazing!he has to be the best and coolest Snape ever written-no offense but WAY better than JKR's! his character is very inspiring and insightful...courageous, intelligent, and yet sad in a way that he was always alone...

i LOVE the epilogue-especially the last line "And he would not be alone"...it just seems to fit perfectly...like he finally realizes it afater everything taht happened. i also like the whole thing with the four Houses coming together in the end...AMAZING!

Erm...i don't know what to say-you had me speechless for a while there, and of course, you made me cry. i really love your writing stlye and your characters (you almost made them your own). it's a wonderful story that's definitly going on my FAvorites list. thanx for such an AWESOME atory, Shadow
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 15 . 11/29/2005
ok, this time you really DID make me cry! wonderful, excellent, absolutely, positivally awesome! luv it, Shadow

p.s. still not quite finished...
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 13 . 11/29/2005
Trying to make me cry? excellent! Shadow

p.s. not quite finished yet, though, am i?
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 11 . 11/29/2005
AW, how could you make poor Padfoot so mean? i'm just kidding! (well, not really-Sirius is my lover after all) but i LOVE your story! the way you protray SNape is amazing! six chapters to go! i'll leave you a review when i finish-hopefully the rest will be as great as the first 11!

luv it, Shadow
Karaii chapter 16 . 11/27/2005
AW!

*melts*

The BEST Snape-fic EVA! This is really beautiful...it displays Severus as a human, a real person...and it doesn't go all cheery-like - it's the reality. I loved it. I LOVE it.

Beautiful. Brilliant.

Keep it up! This is a definate favourite of mine now!
Roxie Faye chapter 16 . 9/3/2005
That was such a sweet, sweet story.

Like I said, a bit too morose in some parts, but the recapitulation, the uplift, was spectacular and breath-taking. I mean, yes, a little overly cliche, but good, none the less. Well, very good.

I loved this fic because it showed that people care about Severus Snape; he went through a transformation to get to that point, and so did the people who cared about him.

The side stories about his childhood and all were great as well - nicely slid in (done so well I can hardly believe how well it was done).

I really don't know how to describe what I feel about this fanfic (urgh, watching Cowboy Bebop will put you in a weird weird mood). But I definitely liked it a LOT. A LOT, A LOT, A LOT! _

It's a good story. I know you've written one other piece of HP fanfiction - please consider writing more. You're a good writer, and I would enjoy reading what you have to write. *smiles*
Roxie Faye chapter 14 . 9/3/2005
"He was half-tempted to throw himself at Voldemort's feet and ask to be killed. Knowing the sadistic bastard, however, he would let him live simply out of spite"

Lol. That's very tragic, but very funny, you know. I mean, I shouldn't be laughing, but sardonic humour is great.

I usually like to review a story once I've read the whole thing, but this chapter was particularly very very moving, so I wanted to review it.

Snape definitely is a tragic figure, and I like the past you've given him, the way everyone is worried about him, and the way he talks to Remus. He's come to terms with it, but there's still that great longing that he has - to be accepted. You can convince yourself all you want that it doesn't matter, but it does. I know. Not that I'm necessarily as tragic as your Snape (the way you've written him) - I mean, I do have great friends.

But I know all about being a freak for being very smart. It tends to isolate you, you know. And Snape's never had friends, which can drive anyone to the edge. As long as you have one friend, everything is alright. But when you don't... well, you start to become deressed and suicidal and all that. :/

I feel I'm rambling too much. Your Snape is OOC, by the way (he's dark and angry, but never so extremely morose and morbid, I'm afraid), but I do like it. You took what you saw in the books and developed him yourself.

Yeah, I'm definitely rambling now. And Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door is on, so I have to go watch that anyway (I'm reading between commercials. XD). But yeah.

Great story so far, and I'll read the rest soon!
duj chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
Comment re previous chapter (which I'd already reviewed):

Actually in canon Snape never insults people's parentage with the sole exception of Harry's dad.
Diana chapter 16 . 8/19/2005
Wow! I must say that this is the best fanfic I have ever read! The feelings were so real!
Swooproxmysox chapter 1 . 8/15/2005