Reviews for Sticks and Stones
ShadowBallad chapter 16 . 8/15/2005
I really loved this story!

Your style is so true to the books themselves. Your writing is...wonderful, to say the least. The portrayal of Snape in this story is amazingly complex, and all the emotions are genuine, not felt just because you, the author, wanted him to feel that way, but because circumstances dictated such emotions.

This is a powerful fanfiction; it is a pity that fanfiction isn't published in an almanac or something, because this surely is worthy of being included.

I hope you keep on writing, and good luck with your family and live!
Gatta chapter 16 . 7/18/2005
Wow. This story is great (ok, so 'great' is an understatement). Really. I've read so many fics where authors just take a complex character like Snape and completely screw him up, turning him completely out of character (eg: he starts acting all sweetness and light,etc). But you've written a story that addresses the facets of his personality with so many varied emotions. Its nice to see someone doing justice to the character, and calling to attention his sacrifices. Yeah...I'm done now.
Anne chapter 16 . 7/12/2005
oh. my. god.

wow it was amazing :D
822236 chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
This is excellent - I saw it elsewhere before & I'm glad that I finally found it here so I could leave a review. one of the *best* Snape fanfics I've read in all time.
hotcocoalatte chapter 16 . 6/16/2005
Wow! Amazing story! Gives you a *hug*...yeah! Somehow you managed to keep Snape as Snape throughout everything. Again, great story! -
hotcocoalatte chapter 14 . 6/16/2005
Amazing story!
saiyanwizard chapter 16 . 6/10/2005
Words can barely describe what I think of this story. It was so powerful; a great plot! Severus' character, going from self-revulsion, hate, anger, sorrow, stress, bitterness, and pain to content, hope, and even happiness, was amazing. Your portrayal of him was practically flaweless!

I am glad that Remus had a pretty big role in this story (and not just because he's my favorite character). I'm glad that Severus is not alone.

I also enjoyed the staff's actions in this story. Them showing such caring and love for Severus was so touching and so good to see. Severus is a man who gets little or no credit for his constant sacrifices, and I was overjoyed that he was appreciated!

I am glad that Severus addressed the issue of servitude to Voldemort to the Slytherins. He saw their great need for guidance and advice, and I feel that that was an excellent step to saving many of them from a dark fate. And I do hope that his words will also save Draco. I for one am not particularly fond of Draco (I believe that he is as much of a git as his father is), but I do not wish such a terrible fate upon him.

My favorite Severus Snape story is "A Promise to Be Better" by Raven Dancer, but I am going to have to say that this one is going to tie with it for first simply because I cannot choose between these two great stories. I have truly enjoyed this story. It has taken me, the reader, far beyond what I could imagined a Severus Snape story could ever be, and I truly thank you for your wonderful work. I look forward to more excellent writing in the future!

saiyanwizardgurl
saiyanwizard chapter 15 . 6/10/2005
YAY, I'M SO HAPPY (Galavants around the room, positively screaming with joy)! Severus has hope! I'M SO HAPPY FOR HIM! That was one of THE BEST chapters I have ever read EVER! Only one more chapter to go, but I'd better read it now before I go crazy!
saiyanwizard chapter 14 . 6/10/2005
First of all, poor Severus (sorry if it's getting annoying)! He almost had a brother (or maybe a sister), and yet the opportunity was taken away from him. But yay that Remus wants to help him (well, I'm sure there are others that want to, but yay that Remus is actually doing something about it)! I'm really falling out of my seat in anticipation here! Now to chapter 15!
saiyanwizard chapter 13 . 6/10/2005
Once again...poor Severus! I'm so sorry that he feels his life is worth nothing. I'm so sorry that he has no will to live. And I'm so sorry that no one cares for him. I'm not the crying type, but this is just so sad; I wanna cry! Great writing, though; I have to keep reading! Now for chapter 14...
saiyanwizard chapter 12 . 6/10/2005
Sorry, but I gotta say it. POOR PROFESSOR SNAPE! I have to help him (*rushes after Dumbledore*)! That was an intense chapter! Great plot, great emotion, great portrayals, great everything! Now to chapter 13...
saiyanwizard chapter 11 . 6/10/2005
Poor Severus (I seem to have developed a habit of saying this at the beginning of almost every review)! Why did such a fate have to be bestowed on him? And Sirius! I feel so sorry for him, too. His actions with the Veritaserum were inexcusable, but I can also understand that his actions are due in part to his twelve year residence in Azkaban. So many lives have been destroyed or marred by Voldemort (*Sigh*). That was a beautifully written chapter, filled with great emotion and portrayals of all characters. Now I've gotta read on!
saiyanwizard chapter 10 . 6/9/2005
I knew it wasn't the end (yay)! I'm so sad that Severus can't come up with a happy memory (Gives Severus a hug). And too bad Sirius can't trust Severus...old habits die hard, I guess. I gotta go eat dinner now, but I'll continue to chapter 11 later tonight...
saiyanwizard chapter 9 . 6/9/2005
No! All hope can't be lost! Severus and Harry must get out alive! I HAVE TO HELP THEM (runs off to Voldemort's hideout)! Oh, I'm falling off my chair in anticipation! Now to chapter 10!
saiyanwizard chapter 7 . 6/9/2005
Poor Severus; I hope he'll be all right (runs after Madam Pomfrey to help)! I guess Voldemort is just too...thick...to realize that people have to have time to eat and sleep (not that Severus would do either even if he had the time). That was another great chapter! Now, if you'll excuse me, I must read on...
450 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »