Reviews for Sticks and Stones
Guest chapter 12 . 9/14/2017
Some hope, damn Sirius but yeah I believe he would take advantage of the situation and stir up old painful memories. Snape has to pull through. Got my attention once again and good writing on that part even though there was a lot of emotions.
Guest chapter 10 . 9/14/2017
Aww, let down to a good start of a chapter. Instead of a fight everyone stands around watching like idiots. I don't think Sirius and Lupin would fall that flat. They would and save Harry even if it meant leaving Snape to the wolves. They would have kept to the goal of getting Harry out of there. Also they are running with Death Eaters in hot pursuit firing curses. One, how can Snape run if you said he was tortured badly and coughing up blood with the last of his magical abilities drained and in such poor health. Sorry but the guy isn't Superman adrenaline or not. Two, why would they stop to bicker and complain when again they are being pursued with curses flying. Three, Oh yes, suddenly Sirius gets suspicious again about Snape. If he is portrayed as ruthless in this story and want revenge, he would have left the injured Snape behind with the attitude of who cares.
Sigh, disappointed.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/14/2017
Despite the Master title, when one gets overheated they become flushed (red and sweaty). I only speak from constant experience for I am heat sensitive and struggle with dehydration when summer is near. Well good job none the less on the clarity of your imagery and thought. Now on with the story.
deleted1234567895555 chapter 16 . 5/14/2017
Nice!
whitehound chapter 9 . 1/7/2017
Since he has nothing to lose he *could*, of course, tell the DEs that Tom Riddle is a halfblood whose wizarding half is tainted by madness due to inbreeding...

I see you got the bit about Harry having absorbed some of Voldemort right too,even though you did not (of course) know about Horcruxes. Well done. To get this many things right when you were writing so early in the series is a triumph.
whitehound chapter 7 . 1/7/2017
Yes, the real teacher on whom Snape was based was bad tempered when JK knew him because he was suffering from overwork combined with extreme insomnia and a messy divorce.

There's a plot-bunny there, you know - who better to get the Slytherins and Gryffindors to socialise by dosing them with psychotropic drugs than Snape himsmelf?
whitehound chapter 6 . 1/7/2017
Eh - OK. We don't do yearbooks at British schools (just whole-class or whole-school annual photographs), or Valedictorians, and graduation is a thing you do at university - but it's not *impossible* that Hogwarts in the 1970s had picked up some American customs. The wizarding world is pretty small, after all. Certainly Slughorn holds Snape up as the exemplar of a perfect Potions student and he must have been good at Herbology and probably DADA too, otherwise Voldemort wouldn't hahve thought it made sense for him to apply for the DADA job. And yes, it was fairly well confirmed in OotP that he's not great with a broom.
whitehound chapter 5 . 1/7/2017
Oh dear - there's that thundering-great Britpick which is so common in fanfics and which often derails the plot. "Master" is a British word for a male schoolteacher, so "Potions master" just means "Man who teaches Potions". There may well be a Master's degree in Potions *as well*, but the people who held it would be called Master Potioneers or "Grayson MPot" - "Master Grayson" would be the correct form of address for a very small male child - say three years old - who wasn't old enough yet to be a Mister.

Also, I don't know what hotcakes are so probably Harry and Snape wouldn't either and the dungeons should be warmer than the upper floors of the castle - although you're in good company because that's an error Rowling makes too. The deeper into the earth you go the warmer it gets - but maybe the lake cools them down.

Still a very good read but the Master thing really derails this particular chapter because it's so distracting - just as it would be if a British person wrote a story set in the US in which it was assumed that a bellhop was a type of clown who performed dances by jumping over bells.
whitehound chapter 2 . 1/7/2017
I like this, and I think it's terribly interesting that even though this was evidently written before OotP came out, you still picked up on the ideas of Sirius continuing to bait Snape and doubt his loyalties (even though your Sirius is more violent than the one in the books) and that Snape is giving Harry individual lessons.

Your Snape has evidently never been in a fight in Glasgow, or he would know that on hands and knees in front of Sirius with Sirius standing on his hand was a perfect position from which to headbutt Sirius in the crotch.
SaiyaCat chapter 16 . 12/20/2016
Epic!
SaiyaCat chapter 5 . 12/20/2016
So Cute This Chapter Was So Beautifully Sweet.
etherian chapter 11 . 11/15/2016
I would not accept his apology or crocodile tears either.
BIGMUFFIN12903485U4 chapter 16 . 11/5/2016
This. Was. Beautiful.
Guest chapter 15 . 6/15/2016
Dumbledore deserved far worse than that. He should have been on bended knee in front of Snape, begging for forgiveness (see what I did there?)
Guest chapter 12 . 6/15/2016
Oh yes, well done Harry! You're such a kindhearted, noble hero! You actually felt and ounce of sympathy for Snape! You must be so proud!
450 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »