Reviews for A Quarian's Tale: Beginnings
VenKendov chapter 29 . 5/19
This was fantastic! As a massive Mass Effect fan, I can't express how much I appreciate your attention to detail and your grasp on the characters and their personalities. Thank you for the wonderful read (as I have recently replayed the trilogy and am desperate for Tali/Shepard fluff), and I will certainly be reading on!
Phantom1968 chapter 29 . 5/30/2019
Dang. What a heartbreaking ending/cliffhanger. I am really impressed by your work put into this, and it really turned into a beautiful piece of work. I can't wait to get started with the sequel.
Phantom1968 chapter 4 . 5/27/2019
This chapter...hilarious. Absolutely humorous. Love it.
Phantom1968 chapter 1 . 5/27/2019
Goodness gracious! By far, the best 'first story' i have ever read. You're use of words and grammar absolutely astound me. I chuckled a bit at the end here. I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Whenever i find a 'first story', and as soon as i read the first few sentences, i'm already looking for another story to read, lol. But your vast vocabulary caught hold of my attention. :)
ArkhCthuul chapter 15 . 12/8/2018
Overall another chapter that lifts off too much word for word, but Talis Escape was really well done.
ArkhCthuul chapter 9 . 12/8/2018
And once again the simple solution of calling Joker and telling him to shoot the batarians Ship once its out of range is not used.

A pet pieve of me when someone does this mission (and in the ggame of course, unless playing ahrdcore Renegade).
ArkhCthuul chapter 4 . 12/8/2018
Not particularly new or anything (obviously, being a fanfic for a 11 years old Game), but nicely done humor.

Not bad at all.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 28 . 10/31/2018
Because how dare someone advocate for her people's interests. Humans can't think about human needs just like quarians can't complain about their mistreatment and krogans can't complain about the genophage. Because that would be racist.

OH WAIT.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 20 . 10/31/2018
You do not point a gun at something you are not willing to destroy. Period.

Ashley should get chewed out for waiting as long as she did.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 16 . 10/31/2018
SSV Normandy SR1 was a three deck ship. The captain's quarters and office are on deck two, next to the common crew area.

In other words, where Miranda's room was on the SR2.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 11 . 10/30/2018
Screw the excuses. The krogan fought a war and lost. News flash, most civilizations don't get to survive that unchanged. That doesn't make them victims. That makes them losers.

Wrex could have been a reformer, but he was too busy pointing guns at anyone that threatened his precious cure to actually find a better way. Wrex just drove the krogan to survive long enough for the galaxy to need them again. Look at the culture he saved, the other krogan of his clan and others. I give it fifty years after ME3 before curing the genophage goes into the history books as one of Shepard's greatest mistakes.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 9 . 10/30/2018
I never had the slightest problem with the Mako. If anything I was annoyed that they made the paths around the maps too smooth, and evasive maneuvers too easy. The last mad dash to the Conduit under fire was about the only time that I felt challenged in the thing.

My current guess is that too many people tried to use a silly controller instead of embracing the true glory of the PC Master Race.

Also, that's not how a deadman's switch works. If Balak isn't already transmitting a "do not detonate" signal, all they need to do is shoot the switch. It's an insane and stupid risk, but par for the course with the high action style you're writing.

On the flip side, if Balak IS transmitting a "do not detonate" signal, then they all die as soon as he's out of range.

This is why taking hostages doesn't actually work.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 3 . 10/30/2018
The SR1 was absolutely capable of planetfall. It landed o Feros, Noveria, and Virmire, although Virmire was the only time it didn't use a docking cradle.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 2 . 10/30/2018
I never liked the bad rap Ashley got in the fandom. "They'll always think of themselves first" and Wrex proves her point wonderfully when he puts a shotgun to Shepard's head. Wrex was willing to kill an alien to save his people, and Ashley's the racist for not letting him.

But I do agree on one thing Shepard told her whole-heartedly. The pistol is the third awesomest weapon. Right after the omni-tool and the bioamp.
The Cubist chapter 16 . 8/22/2018
I think you forgot which Normandy Mass effect is onthe captain's cabin on the SR-1 was on deck 2.