Reviews for Brockton Bay Tactics
nlolDslsllz chapter 8 . 9/12/2018
That was so much bullshit at the end I could see the crap coming out of their mouths.

Alexandria, or any of the Trio could take 6 hours out of their day and take out every major villain in BB without issue. The city with the most parahumans per capita, and more villains than 'heros'. The PRT could come in and clean up the non-parahumans leftover.

I was sorta looking forward to a more mercenary/wordly view for Taylor, especially given Archer's desertion, but this is cherry picking of the worst sort. The PRT isn't holding things still because it wants to, but because it's so ineffective and neuters the heros so badly for PR that it can't accomplish anything else. Anyone with as much experience as her summons have and with knowledge of the current powers should be able to see that the only way Brockton remains such a shithole is by purposeful design.

I'd been enjoying things up until this point, but this is probably it. Writing itself has been fun, and the summons themselves are very enjoyable. But Taylor just accepting 1.5 years of abuse compounded by imprisonment, assault, and essentially torture with The Locker and then just accepting for The Greater Good is just not something I can take.

Good luck with your writing!
Kasierreich chapter 12 . 7/3/2018
Another story left behind in the grind of broken dreams and concepts at . Sad.
deathgeonous chapter 12 . 4/30/2018
This is good. And a rational Taylor. Almost blasphemy. I like. Well, thanks for writing this, and bye for now.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
/... that tube top does not entirely cover her breasts.
bavalos chapter 12 . 3/29/2018
I dig it. Pretty interesting and a different twist. Can't wait for new updates
Lydia-Hood chapter 10 . 2/23/2018
Ok... so what was the point? An entire what if chapter? Its something in a TV show that is far from satisfying, a wasteful cliché used to provide a filler episode to help pad the season, but in a written story? Its pretty much useless. I basically skipped most of the entire thing because I didn't see the point, reading a long chapter of something which has no impact on the story except to be a massive filler, I got better to do, now I assume its possible that their might be another such chapter thrown in at some point in the future, but if it happen I'll skip it too. Like I said I don't see the point to bother, it might be entertaining to do for the writer, but at this point, just write a different story with the same premise where things turned out going very badly for Taylor.
Lydia-Hood chapter 7 . 2/23/2018
This story is pretty interesting, as I have been reading the story at first I thought Taylor had summoned sort of generic characters with diverging personalities, but basically with a blank background, they had personality, knowledge & skills, but nothing else, however it became obvious it was actually different and things it seem are more along the lines of Fate / Stay Night, each of the characters have an actual background and identity, but like Fate / Stay Night they are identified by their classes rather than as named individual, also the way Archer spoke in this chapter it gave the impression that just like Fate / Stay Night, they are heroic spirits given a physical form once anew.
Hypervene chapter 12 . 2/14/2018
Any summons tough enough to warrant the One Wings Angel theme then?
Hypervene chapter 7 . 2/14/2018
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!~
Great minds think alike! Oh, the philosophies being shown, its perfect!
Guest chapter 10 . 1/27/2018
Now that I commented on the story as a whole let me say this is far more realistic with what a traumatized teenager with powers would do. Except those heroes would be dead or outright maimed.

People that go as far as she did here don't simply stop.
Guest chapter 12 . 1/27/2018
Sorry but the story just isn't for me. For one we have the PRT taking multiple days to get in contact with a new parahuman that actually wants to join. That right there is insane when you consider how they generally treat things. They didn't even call once for that length of time, which makes no sense and goes against so many different things that it isn't truly worth listing them all.

Next up is how Sophia started questioning herself after pretty much a single day, time that was so short with nothing truly groundbreaking backing it up it seemed like a Master effect to be honest. People do not change for no reason that quickly, more so someone that is like her. This again makes no sense.

Taylor seemingly being fine with Sophia being a Ward, in the end that is, goes against things as well. You do not suffer a highly traumatic event caused by someone in a organization that is supposed to be 'good', supposed to be 'heroes' and shrug it off so lightly. It would more than likely register as a betrayal along with lowering her already trampled upon faith in authority.

By themselves it wouldn't be a major problem, however together and with the way the story has gone it paints a ugly picture. One that beggars belief and goes against how humans instinctively react. To get into a more serious story you need to not only be consistent but to have realistic emotions and reactions.

This falls short when it comes to the emotions and reactions that set up everything. The very foundation of the story is shaky, it isn't solidly built so the entire story as a result suffers.

You also seem to forget what teenagers are like as well. Or you have a far higher opinion of their emotional maturity, their mental health, than is hardly ever portrayed in real life.

Imagine you are a teenager and are bullied by your ex best friend from childhood with her new best friend so badly you have a psychotic break. Then find out that person is supposed to be a genuine hero. Its likely reports aren't going through, that you weren't getting help because of that.

These same people care so little that they do not even contact you for days at a time when you showed the willingness to be a hero yourself. To put it more real world imagine Sophia was a cop and change going to them because of powers as to going to them to just be a police officer.

Yeah, you start to see the problem in a more true light when it is put simply yes? Good luck with the story as in the end this is just to off for me to truly get into.
Asurau chapter 12 . 1/26/2018
Definitely like what's going on. Though I'm curious, is her ability to play the instrument normal or is it a hint of more supernatural talents brought to the forefront by Queen Tactician?
Rawrking chapter 7 . 1/22/2018
Trash fic
Elc chapter 12 . 1/17/2018
An entire chapter about her crying and magically being better at a harp is too much. And your version of Piggot is just odd.
ReaperOfShadows125 chapter 12 . 1/4/2018
Shit. After reading the prelude\interlude and finding out what song it was, I went back and put it on while rereading it.
The feels, the glorious feels!
180 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »