Reviews for When Sorrows Come
nedjheret chapter 39 . 6/21
In retrospect, I think Delphini showed remarkable restraint... I hope a series of Pensieve memories will clear things up for her as some sort of proof..
nedjheret chapter 18 . 6/21
I believe she also played Anne Boleyn in Henry VIII, likewise penned by Shakespeare. I could be quite mistaken, however..

Nedj
MotekElm chapter 55 . 6/12
well written. it's HEA in a way, but it left me feeling sad
MotekElm chapter 51 . 6/12
I'm annoyed that Hermione and everyone around her keep saying Lucious did not rape her. yes, he raped her. he threatened to take away her children and get her locked in Azkaban if she didn't let him do whatever he wanted. that is rape. she may be in denial, as many victims are, but the people around her should not be
MotekElm chapter 49 . 6/12
where are the Aurora in all this? magic and the dark mark in a largely populated area and they don't cone is strange. it would have been a good opportunity to reunite HarryHermione
MotekElm chapter 47 . 6/12
aww, some sweet fluff in an otherwise heartwrenching tale
MotekElm chapter 36 . 6/11
unclear why Hermione's birthday is changed from the 19th to the 9th for this story
MotekElm chapter 35 . 6/11
lucious better get a slow, painful, humiliating death in this story. so evil.
MotekElm chapter 20 . 6/11
haunting
MotekElm chapter 16 . 6/11
this chapter finally made me cry. I'm also relieved to find out what happened, and angry at Harry, Neville, etc for not helping her
MotekElm chapter 6 . 6/11
fantastic, powerful ending to this chapter
MotekElm chapter 5 . 6/11
unique plot. broken Hermione abandoned by everyone makes me so sad
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 55 . 6/5
What truth is Narcissa speaking about?
I don't like the Cursed Child. I don't like the idea of Bellatrix having a child, partially because I cannot imagine Bellatrix being in a loving relationship with anybody, just like I cannot imagine the nose-less Dark Lord having biological capacity to have children after all the self-mutilation. You do find a good solution for that though. And you write Bellatrix truly beautiful, especially in the Fiendfyre scene by the lake. In this scene, she acknowledges the reality of how the Dark Lord treats her, without giving up her devotion to Lord Voldemort; she is beautiful and strong, despite the damage weathered through time; and she cares, she cares.
Severus, had you not sent Lucius against Narcissa, Lucius would have gone after Hermione immediately. And Hermione can hardly defend herself, under these circumstances. Narcissa is hopefully better at defending herself from Lucius - albeit she is locked in marriage with him, and hardly allowed to leave.
Hermione shouldn't be sure of her safety. Lucius, or whoever controls him, are a threat.
Reginald isn't dead? He is pursuing Lucius and Narcissa?
I had hoped Delphini would kill Lucius, before he once again attacked Narcissa. But maybe, Delphini is taking the prudent route of securing allies, and maybe looking into laws.
I don't know how Draco survived living in the terrible environment. Maybe, house elves protected him. But it's terrible that Delphini has to think, courtesy of Lucius, than one human may force self onto another, by force, or by threat.
I do hope that Hermione isn't as gullible as Lucius thinks her to be. I do wonder what Narcissa was planning, to lure Lucius into the night, and then to leave afterwards before the morning comes.
Hermione should look into getting a gun, or a pepper spray, to defend herself and her children in Muggle environment. Then she will not hesitate to stop Lucius, or anybody else.
Surely, Hermione knows that Hero, unlike Delphini, has good siblings, and good parents. While Delphini, amidst quarrels, and without siblings, is very lonely. And Severus is much better than Lucius, Severus doesn't lie or force people.
"That's one of the few things we have in common." How fitting...
Ron, your words are vulgar. You are the one who insisted on trying to get private details from Hermione.
Children are much more observant than adults give them credit for. Delphini is not three years old, or even six years old - and at six years old, kids already have a great memory and a brilliant mind. Delphini is eleven years old, she can lie, she knows others can lie, she knows fear and terror, she knows defiance, and she knows oppression. She barely has anybody to confide in. She doesn't have a house elf of her own, outside of influence of adults, or anybody else whom she trusts.
"Docile, obedient" doesn't mean that she loved him. Only that she feared him, and hoped that obedience would give her safety. Now she knows that even obedience will not give her safety.
More money, sssure... But not a better home, not with all that was, and is, going on in it. Not better reputation - he is mostly feared, and hated. Not better looking - Lucius is a sleaze.
Draco removes drinks from Narcissa's reach. Could Draco please remove Lucius from influence?
Both your houses? Malfoys and Blacks, is Delphini in danger? Or Narcissa and Hermione, as Reginald is trying to kidnap Hermione's children - probably Delphini as well?
That's a good question that Severus raises, about survivors of violence being accustomed to it, to the point of craving it, if only for familiarity. I cannot get it, either. But then, it's said that in lab experiments, rats would inflict pain onto themselves willingly, if they have no other entertainment - out of boredom?
Delphini... Do try to not let the flattery of ignorant children to sway you.
Don't be melodramatic, you say... Narcissa, you are ignorant. Humans, abused as you are, often underestimate danger. They become used to it. They don't notice when it becomes worse. When it "gets out of control"? There is no control in such situations. Humans used to violence don't expect it to reach fatal levels, and yet it does, without warning.
Narcissa... Share the code with Hermione and Severus, it's Shakespeare. Delphini, do share your concerns about bullies, with Narcissa or Severus - surely, Bill and Fleur brought up their kid better than that. At least, I thought Bill to be better than that.
It is Malfoys' house, not Lucius's. And it's Narcissa's room. Privacy.
Polyjuice? Reginald? No, Imperius.
You may just get your wish... Severus, how will you capture him? You are weak, out of practice.
What about blood magic, to track Lucius? Surely, with Draco, Narcissa, it should be doable?
Great Hall... Where are the Teachers?! Professors?
Blood Oath Vow... I did think that Narcissa has no way to file for divorce.
Henry, you are not logical. You hit somebody, and then you are surprised to be hit back? Apologise immediately, young man!
Where does Lucius go? He is fighting the Imperius curse.
I understand Delphini's fight about hair. My hair used to be curly, long ago. After all "wash this, comb that", it's straight and boring. And gets tangled all the time.
St Mungo's, a good choice. And breaking wand in two, as well.
What kind of Chemistry (sorry, Potions) Professor doesn't know biology enough to know at least something about girls? Surely, you know potions for crumps and such?
Molly is neither sweet-tempered nor mild-mannered. She is a mother hen, and a frightening one at that, sometimes.
She would soon be divorced... How does Narcissa know? Filed the papers for divorce?
Delphini is an Occlumens, unlike Lucius. She might be able to fool Reginald. Thank you, Henry, for sending Obliviate off-course. Why would Reginald even pretend to think that Hermione would have left Henry ignorant of magic?
Reginald is a liar. His words are entirely plausible, but not necessarily the truth. Bellatrix was caring for Delphini, not throwing Crucios around. And if she was, it was to obey Dark Lord's orders, to protect Delphini.
Had Reginald's words been true, he would have attacked Delphini from the start, instead of thinking to Obliviate her and exchange for Helena.
Self-defense, or mercy killing, are not the same as revenge.
Helena is idiot. Defend Reginald? After he hurt Hermione so? I understand that bloody wound is obvious hurt. But words hurt more. Especially mixed with lies.
Reginald lies so much that not even Veritaserum will be sufficient, I am afraid. He is mad.
We use our words, not our hands. Severus's and Hermione's curses were part emotion and part self-defense from verbal and emotional attack.
Victoire... Don't you see the difference? Delphini was bullied savagely by you for days, and even then her curse was weak. Reginald wasn't hurt by Delphini at all, and yet Reginald's curse against Delphini was strong, if not fatal.
Memory charm, confundus, imperius... Why is tampering with memories so easy? Muggles are defenseless, understandable. But magicals?
I like Augusta.
Agree with Severus, shorts are ridiculous. And Severus, you should have thought of swimming, first time beach was mentioned.
I like idea of Bellatrix reaching into dreams, of Delphini, of Narcissa, and others, haunting them from beyond the grave. Beautiful, smart, deranged, insane, hurt... But in dreams, caring.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
cagzclarine chapter 55 . 6/3
Malgré quelques longueurs, votre fiction est très bien écrite. Le portrait d'une Hermione mère de famille est assez surprenant mais vous arrivez à le faire fonctionner. J'ai moins adhéré au complot Réginald. En revanche, j'ai beaucoup apprécié le personnage de Delphni et la relation qu'elle et Severus développent.
Mention particulière aussi pour Narcissa : son personnages est très riche -femme bafouée par son mari, amoureuse (Lucius ,Severus, Siobban...), mère (Delphini)- et très ambigu (cf sa relation avec Hermione).
clarine