Reviews for When Sorrows Come
Erato Klio chapter 55 . 1/4
First of all, I want to make it clear that in my opinion you are still the best fanfiction writer. I don't think any of your stories could ever be bad, simply because you have a very good style and a lot of creativity, even when it comes to the normal things of everyday life. And you manage to keep characters multidimensional. And I think you're doing a lot better than Rowling, maybe it's because she was more geared towards children and teenagers, but you manage to keep characters a lot more complex.
But there were a few things about this story that I found a little difficult. In the beginning of your story, even in such a situation, I believe Hermione wouldn't have had to offer herself in the way she did. She is a war hero and knows many influential people like Kingsley and McGonagall. I have nothing against HG / SS as long as they are both adults, but I think the way it was raised at the beginning is a bit excessive. Despite being in this situation, she would have had more Job options. I think Canon-Hermione would rather go into the Muggleworld. BUT even so, I loved her encounter with Snape in Chapter 4. You sure know how to write great dialogues.

I just can't imagine Lucius beating his wife almost to death, apparently not just once in their marriage. In “Wanting Narcissa” his behavior seemed be much more canon-directed than in this story. There is absolutely no evidence in Rowling’s Books that Narcissa is suffering from him in any way, especially to such a radical extent. Do not get me wrong. War can bring the worst “already-there-potentials” out in people and the loss of Power too, which he suffered then and Lucius has great arsehole-potential anyways.
I mean, not that I don't think he wouldn't betray her or use his power over her, maybe even sexually degrading her. I can also imagine that his hand would slip out "accidentally" before the war. But if he gets off by degrading his wife, there might be other cruel ways than to discipline her like a “beating Hooligan muggle”. It seems so unrefined an animalistic raw for a character, who created such a trap to get to Hermione instead of just lurking in a dark alley and rape her.
I would have found it more interesting if he had gotten worse and consistently crueler with the war, instead of ALWAYS being a simple, very primitive woman-bully, like it’s said in Chp 17. That would be more in tune with the rest of his personality, too. But well, it’s just my opinion.

What I find incredibly good about this story, however, is the storyline about Delphini and Snape. I love the relationship that builds up and the problems later at Hogwarts were written so amazingly good. And Molly was so perfectly Canon-like, I loved that!
You are also extremly good in creating “new” Characters, like Hermione’s children, Delphini or Victoire and make them quite realistic. I wish JKR would have gone through that direction with Delphini. Instead, she idiotically tossed her own "time-reversal" laws from the third book overboard to create a mediocre storyline …

I think it's good not to mention Lucius at the end because "out of sight, out of mind" would be the greatest punishment for him, but I don't know how easy it would be when you consider his character. I could well imagine that he somehow tries to turn up at his son or ex-wife and I would have liked to read that. But I understand your thought, you just have to finish this plot in the story. Personally, I think it's fitting that he didn't have to go to Azkaban for his actions or face any other consequences. It always suits the Malfoys to somehow trick their way through and get away.

All in all, that was a very interesting and great story and I thank you very much for it and hope that you will take up writing again at some point.
Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes!
Greetings from Germany
ChappaEyebrow chapter 38 . 12/26/2021
Love the Macbeth call-out!
Caramel4me chapter 54 . 12/4/2021
I'm so glad I found this fic after it being recommended by another fanfiction author I was reading!
A wonderful job all around here, I greatly enjoyed your characters and the twists of the story. Hope you are well and thank you!
nl.albert87 chapter 8 . 11/2/2021
ill go back to my wife...
Guest chapter 25 . 10/24/2021
Nice story but this ''i don't wanna be pregnant again'' is starting to piss me off. I can't believe no one is talking about contraceptive methods or even abortion. Seriously, Hermione or even Severus don't know how to manage all this ?
Guest chapter 55 . 9/17/2021
I like this story much better than your other one, even if that is more in canon. I think Delphini should be happy. I think Andromeda wronged her. Delphini/Nova should have parents who love her, far away from Andromeda. Andromeda could suggest to send her to France or some other place abroad. But since it is in canon, I should not complain. But this story has a happy ending, which is nice :-)
FlyingAlone chapter 35 . 7/23/2021
She is very practical (Hermione) in her thinking, but I do agree with Severus.
FlyingAlone chapter 27 . 7/21/2021
Another wonderful chapter!
FlyingAlone chapter 26 . 7/21/2021
Spoiler alert:

How is he still alive?!
FlyingAlone chapter 24 . 7/21/2021
Oh my goodness, finally! I am so pleased they have both given in. I was in tears reading about Narcissa; she truly is one of the most wonderful characters. You write her so well!
FlyingAlone chapter 18 . 7/20/2021
I love how Henry idolises Sev! He’s so cute
FlyingAlone chapter 17 . 7/20/2021
This story is absolutely fantastic.
FlyingAlone chapter 10 . 7/19/2021
I enjoyed this chapter
FlyingAlone chapter 6 . 7/18/2021
Absolutely sublime thus far.
arickmaniac2020 chapter 55 . 7/4/2021
I don't often review but this is honestly one of the best ffs I've read. I loved the SSHG relationship but these OCs! Wow! I loved the kids (Henry!) and was absolutely swept into this world. Wonderful piece of work. Please keep writing!
1,374 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »