Reviews for When Sorrows Come
starlite22 chapter 9 . 12/8/2019
I really hope he can help her, get her parents memory back
starlite22 chapter 7 . 12/8/2019
If her husband died didn’t he leave money for his children in his will?
starlite22 chapter 4 . 12/8/2019
Whose going to look after her children?
starlite22 chapter 3 . 12/8/2019
I retested to know who the father is if each of her three kids?
Guest chapter 55 . 11/12/2019
You write great children who act like children and have emotions and talk like children. You probably think that's no big deal and for you it is not. But other people cannot do that.
THX :-)
Guest chapter 55 . 11/9/2019
All day binge and loved every minute of it. Thanks
Guest chapter 55 . 10/9/2019
Wow this is really a long story with a plot etc :-) Thank you!
Guest chapter 50 . 10/8/2019
Daphna means girl, Nike means victory, isn't it?
Guest chapter 42 . 10/8/2019
Maybe those memories can only be given in neutrality? By a truly neutral person with no personal interest about it?
Guest chapter 9 . 10/6/2019
You write great children. All children you write are IC for their age. That is great. Other people try to write children and they are adults and not children. o.o :-)
Nklnndl chapter 55 . 9/25/2019
It was a truly delightful journey to read through this story! I found it, simply put, perfection. They way you handle wordplay is inspiring and the character development is smooth and realistic. Thank you for sharing your fic with us! Can't wait to read more of your work!
zaubernuss chapter 55 . 9/17/2019
I've stumbled across your story many times before, but never wanted to read it until it was recommended to me. Hermione as a twice-divorced mother, it just sounded wrong. But after reading this story (so glad I did!) I now understand that this is a dilemma none of your making, but all JKR's fault: Canon Hermione would never ever have married Ron, so why did she pair them in the unfortunate epilogue? A divorce would have been the natural consequence. And being hurt like that and insecure, it is believable that Hermione would have fallen for someone like Reginald, who then manipulated her into her second marriage.

The only thing you couldn't convince me of is Hermione even considering becoming a prostitute. I don't think she'd ever done that, not even in financial straits. There was no reason she could not apply for a decent job - she still had a lot of support (or could have had it, had she asked for help). There would have been a quite a few other options.

Anyway, I accept that logical hole as the cataclyst you needed for your plot, which you developed brilliantly: It had mystery, ups-and-downs, some heartache, a lot of fun and fluff, and lemons. I totally adored the OC characters, namely the kids. Severus as a dad was great, too.

And I particularly loved that you made the characters everything but two-dimensional. Even Lucius, who was one of the villains in this story, had something slightly redeemable about him every now and then (like when he agreed to the divorce). Delphini, though totally obnoxious when introduced, still made me feel for her (just like Reginald with his sad past evoked some sympathy). Even Narcissa turned out a really interesting character.

The story was brilliantly written, had a good pacing and such a great epilogue. I'm glad I decided to read it after all! Thank you so much for completing this and sharing it with us!
mar-627 chapter 55 . 9/9/2019
Hi! I know it's bren a few years since this fic ended but I thought I'd drop a review anyways.

I just wanted to say that I've read lots of fics over the years that include children and 6 years ago I started to compare them to my niece when she was born. I was happily sorprised when reading your story the kids were just like my niece was: Helena is just as precocious as my oldest niece (6yo) and Hero is just as my youngest niece (1yo).
I know every kid is different but I hate when authors make a 5yo sound like a 3yo with out a good explanation like in Henry's case where he was unintentionally neglected and he was behind his peers when he was little.

On other note I loved the interactions of Severus and Delphini, they were heartwarming and beautiful, I enjoyed them so much .

Thank you for your story.
ReylOHelloThere chapter 28 . 8/30/2019
Again...what? She tells Severus it's not his call whether she sleeps with other men alive or dead? That's not the vibe I'm getting at all and quite frankly I don't think he would have appreciated the comment
ReylOHelloThere chapter 21 . 8/30/2019
This is the second time I've read this and I like the story a lot, but like some other readers have said it's too much. The Delphini twist, the Hero twist, the Narcissa twist. There are too many illegitimate babies in this story to make it read like anything more than a soap opera. This would have been a wonderful story without adding in all the spare babies.

In chapter 21 I also don't feel like Severus would let Narcissa speak to Hermione the way she does. Like he tells her one time to stop but she continues to threaten her and call her names and he does...nothing. It seems out of character.
1,470 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »