Reviews for Black coffee, with sugar
Amazingfox chapter 30 . 9/24
I love this story and its finished reading them for the second time. They're some of the few that I've ever read more than once
RyuuKage5400 chapter 30 . 9/1
It's 2nd September, 2020 today. How come your last chapter was edited on 7th September, 2020 as you have mentioned there. As a matter of fact even your last update was on 6th October, 2020... so is this your personal venture into the premises of Back to Future?
gabrieljuarezl chapter 30 . 8/8
tks for sharing
brachiosaurus chapter 30 . 8/5
do u plan on changing some of the elements in this story? it pops up in my downloaded section
K chapter 30 . 7/27
Lovely story. Much enjoyed. You write very good longer stories. Maybe an expansion of some of your one-offs might be nice.
wujuninja chapter 6 . 5/15
this is fucked uplike life
adamantiumsleep chapter 30 . 2/21
Harry's secret daughter. A story about a complicated situation working out reasonably well. Loved Daphne's thoughts and Harry's morning visits.

The story is from Daphne's PoV and almost exclusively revolves around the relationship with harry, navigating a complicated situation.

Harry is quite out of character though, I really can't imagine him being so distant to his own kid after what he felt growing up. Not even telling her he loved her after she confronted them.
Overall he is very passive and accepting, even making important decisions based on what the public would think.

The fae thing was a Chekhov's gun and nothing happened. We don't know what is up with the elves and the portraits, the elves would not get antsy because of rumors. I really thought the story would somehow climax in Lillian being taken by the fae and Harry going out and decimate anything in his path to get her or something.

The pacing is really nicely done and the story is very fluent to read.

Would love to read a variant of this story where something is happening and people actually do something.
Buddziebaby chapter 30 . 2/12
Interesting story, however, I was a little disappointed with Harry and Daphne’s behavior.

I would have found the plot a lot more interesting if Harry had married Ginny thinking that she was pregnant and then sort of sidelined her when he realized that she’d played the oldest trick in the book.

From there he could have carried on being married to her but have a secret life with Daphne who’d be the mother of his kids.

Honestly your Daphne seemed extremely weak and was a doormat, she literally let everyone walk all over her.

Harry on the other hand looked like a bastard, he kept on visiting Daphne implying that he had not loved Ginny even when he proposed marriage but at the same time he had three kids from her.

It would have been interesting to see a little more drama, everyone seemed a little to accepting about everything, maybe even a side story regarding the faerie’s would have spiced things up.

Either way, thanks for the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2019
Beautiful fic, loved the concept and execution. It's a great stand alone story and withering little prequel adds another layer of charm. Well done
firefawn chapter 30 . 9/14/2019
Nicely written epilogue! Again, it isnt enough to make me like any of the characters, but man you are skilled because a good writer evokes emotion and youve done that. I truly hate Daphne and Harry in this (agreement or not between he and Ginny man...still not enough to salvage them lol). Im just super impressed overall with this as the unlikeableness of them is such a bold plot choice. Few writers would even attempt such a plot yet you did AND you pulled it off masterfully. Very impressive once again. (Well as long as your goal was to make us hate them lol) Great job!
firefawn chapter 29 . 9/14/2019
So I love constructive feedback so try to give it as well. First, you are an EXCELLENT writer. Your word choice is fabulous and your grammar is great. I definitely love the ability to evoke emotion as well. I literally HATE everyone in this story except the children and thats hard to make me do as I love Harry Daphne stories.

Now for the critique - not sure if it was intentional or not but this story made Daphne and Harry so pathetic, self-serving and concerned about appearances that it resulted in them being completely unlikable to the reader
Daphne is spineless to have put up with this crap and Harry is just...well the worst kind of human being on the planet. If thats what you were going for great work. :) You conveyed it perfectly
However, I filed this comment under constructive critique since the goal of most authors is not to have the reader truly 100% hate their main protagonists so if that wasnt your goal you may want to reassess the execution. Harry should have left Ginny a lot sooner and Daphne should have moved on and not tolerated that. Neither respect one another unfortunately so they just stink. Im shocked the kids even speak to them.

Again, this was a well written story and you are an excellent writer. It's quite impressive. The unlikeable portrayal of the characters though was the only real critique I had.

I look forward to seeing more of your writing (and hopefully work where we as readers can root for the main characters next time).
JPugs chapter 30 . 1/12/2019
Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 12 . 1/7/2019
Um harry already has a daughter named lily. Lilian is her name but lily could be a nickname. Why would he allow his youngest to be named that. He already has a daughter with his mothers name and that's the name that Harry and daphne had talked about using. Seems f-Ed up to me. Harry has two grandmothers he could of used one of those names. Dorea Rose Potter would be good. Also I don't understand why he would cheat after all this time instead of waiting for a divorce. I also don't understand why he doesn't divorce Ginny now that she had their last kid. As lord potter he'd have full custody. Than he can marry daphne. The 6 of them would live together. Also since Ginny has a life debt he could make her silent on everything. Or have her take oaths for some money. Make it do she can't talk bad about any potter or greengrass. That she can't every tell any of Harry's secrets and never betray him. That she won't try to harm the 6 of them. That she goes back to her maiden name.
I feel like we need to know more. Why would Harry be having sex with Ginny so soon after being broken up with. Especially if he loved daphne. Why didn't he find out why they broke up than or try to get her back at all. Why marry Ginny just because she might be pregnant. That's a stupid reason to get married. And with magical healers it would be easy to find out if she was pregnant or not. Why have two daughters with basically the same name. Why not divorce Ginny now. Why wait till the kids are older. Why treat daphne the woman he loves like shit. And you know it will only get worse from here. Do what Harry can't be with his daughter in public, can't be with daphne in public. Can't tell people Harry is her daughters father. Can't can't can't. I don't get how it's Ginny's business I mean Harry and daphne were together and Ginny was the person you use to get over the brake up.
Olly chapter 30 . 12/29/2018
I find this story pretty depressing to be honest, there is some kind of bleak sense of resignation in almost all the characters. Like the moral of the story would be something like : "sh*t happened but it's just how life is right ?"
No one seems to have any fight nor any passion left in them, they just accept things as they come and go with it and I find that really depressing.
Astroman1000 chapter 30 . 12/22/2018
Great story. The Astoria thing still freaks me out, but that's the only complaint that i have.