Reviews for Calm as a River Flowing
tinybabyleafs chapter 1 . 4/29/2017
I didn't even realize until the final paragraph what this entire story was implying, and it both shocked me and made me want to cry when I finally got it. This was written incredibly well. The way you write the pearls, your detailed insight on their respective situations... It feels so real.

I absolutely love the way you've embellished this scene. You didn't just add to it, you gave it character, realistically portraying the scene through the eyes of Blue Diamond's pearl. The way she almost cared, but couldn't... The implication that she used to care and used to feel... It had a certain melancholy that hurts so much to read.

Your repetition of "wanting to be another pearl will outweigh it" did a great job of subtly showing the unspoken solidarity between pearls. I really like seeing that in fanfiction.

It's also intriguing how you compared the shattering of Pink Diamond to the shattering of each of Yellow Diamond's pearls. Intriguing and REALLY SAD. Actually, that about sums up the entire thing: intriguing and really sad. Thank you for murdering my feelings.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2017
Hey! I read your profile. I think its okay to read stories written like ten years ago. Some old stories can actually be good and well written. Also I am aware you were talking about your stories, but I'm just saying.
Tikaya chapter 1 . 4/23/2017
I like the beginning of the story. I might not know these characters very well, but there is an immediate sense of heaviness, melancholy and reflection there.
I also like the distinction between Pearl and the other pearl in how they think and behave.

Since the story was losing me at some point, I decided to watch the episode in question and read up on the characters in the wiki. It still took me a while to realise "Pearl" isn't Pearl but Blue Pearl.
After finishing the story, I also realised why the other pearl was never capitalised. I... I honestly didn't expect that explanation. But it shows so much, why Pearl doesn't bother with giving her yellow counterpart a real name in her thoughts. Why she doesn't wonder that she is always confronted with the same question over and over again. I guess that's where your "meta" line comes in. I did get a harsh, demanding, uncaring vibe from Yellow Diamond in the episode itself and if she is that critical of mistakes and that unfeeling towards a fellow diamond it's chilling to think what she would do with a pearl that doesn't live up to her standards. Suffice to say that you had me properly horrified once the realisation sunk in.

It's so sad to hear how resigned Pearl is to this situation. You portrayed her detachment just right. The text itself fits the mood too, with longer sentences, repetition and very few descriptions.
I might have had trouble with the sentence structure on two or three occasions, but that's mostly due to "the other pearl" as a descriptor. On the first read it causes confusion like here: [But the other pearl thinks it matters. "Ah. Oh," she whispers, and the other pearl looks at her like] and I read the section multiple times to figure out who is talking and what you meant here.
I can see the reasons for my inability to follow what is going on. Mainly because I do not know the fandom, but also since even after all these years English still has surprises in store for me. In the end it all came together and just soldiering to the confusion was the right idea. Made the reread even more enjoyable for spotting the signs!

I was really confused by " on-pointe" since I've never seen this wording before. I've read up on it and learned that it's coming from ballet. The first search engine entries have it without the hyphen and my French-studying roommate says she'd use "en pointe" in this instance.
Similarly, I've never heard the word "haranguing" before and there seem to be quite a few different definitions of it. Some say it means "giving a lecture", others say it's something akin to "smashed". Does it come from "harangue"?
concerned chapter 1 . 4/7/2017
I think St Elmo's Fire is a stalker and a sockpuppet account attempting to defame you. You might want to report them.
Mai-danishgirl chapter 1 . 3/27/2017
Oh, oh.

So many chilling implications, I love it.
Whitelion69 chapter 1 . 3/27/2017
This is a very good one-shot.
Ya Boi Guzma chapter 1 . 3/26/2017
The hated boss that beats you down is gonna offer you some advice, home slice. Be grateful.

Get bent, you cunt. You're a shitty, boring writer, and no one is impressed by your self-righteous mission to jizz to your shitty fucking opinions over everyone else's fanfiction. Give up. Team Skull OUT.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2017
Reviewed by Farla and want revenge? Her email is right here! Just replace the appropriate words with the appropriate symbols. Midnightdragoness

At