Reviews for Open Secrets
Ulcaasi chapter 1 . 8/26
Ahahahaha oh Scott... On a ship that small did you honestly think no one would've noticed two of you going at it like rabbits? :P
Jack of the Blades chapter 1 . 7/18
Dear Arctic Banana,

This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. After writing... a not-insubstantial amount of Mass Effect stories back in the golden years between ME2 and ME3, I found myself crestfallen and dejected after the conclusion of ME3. To me, Mass Effect has always been a story about a close-knit team of friends and lovers, traveling across the galaxy in pursuit of adventure and Movie Night. The conclusion of the trilogy really left a bitter taste in my mouth, because the universe I devoted so much headcanon and thought to was irreparably changed.

Cut to 2017: Andromeda shows me that a microcosm of the galactic culture I adored so much has survived. The ship was back, the crew was silly and bordered on family. Scott's more human, comic-relief (at least how I roleplayed him) approach to being Galactic Savior was a noted breath of fresh air compared to the implacable conviction and might of Shepard Commander.

And in Vetra I found a character that made me smile again in this franchise. Funny, sweet, just mischievous enough to surprise Scott (and me) time and again.

The reason I'm posting this is because Andromeda was a re-awakening for me as a Mass Effect author. And your depiction here of life aboard the Tempest reminds me all too well of the little joys that make Mass Effect feel real. The moments between comrades, friends, and lovers that make these alien characters some of the most human beings I've ever had the privilege to read, play, and write.

You've captured the spirit of the Tempest, and the nature of the relationship between Scott and his spiky girlfriend. This was a joy to read. I look forward to reading more.

Here's to you,

-Jack
NonOmnisMoriar chapter 1 . 6/20
I really loved reading this. It's a pleasure to finally read some Vetra/Scott romance. I love both characters dearly, so thank you VERY much for this wonderful story. NOM
The Bonecrusher Hyena chapter 1 . 5/19
The first Scetra (I honestly don't know what this ship is called...) fic I've read so far. And honestly? I love it! I can picture Ryder being a bit of a doek, in contrast to the stoic Shepard of the original trilogy. A lot of people didn't like how Ryder was a bit more immature then Shepard, but I think it fits.

I also found myself liking Vetra the most. She along with either Drack or Jaal are my usual squad. I was afraid she was going to be a female version of, but I'm glad that she was her own character.

That being said, I think you wrote the characters completely in character. The writing is good as well and I can actually picture this happening. Can we exspect more of these stories in the future?

Also, I suddenly wanna name my cat Garrus all of a sudden as well.
Funny, heartfelt, and in-character for an unfortunately underrated couple. Please write another!
lunar silver chapter 1 . 5/3
I ship the Vetra and Ryder couple especially when I played the game.
Balanu chapter 1 . 4/19
I'm so happy that I found a male Ryder and Vetra fic, as I adore Vetra in the game. Here's hoping the Scott/Vetra pairing will get more attention. You did a great job here; it was both humorous and touching. You kept to the characters very well and you captured their relationship nicely. I hope that you'll have the inspiration to write more of this pairing in the future!
HeroInTraining chapter 1 . 4/18
That was cute and funny and adorable all at once. I haven't romanced Vetra yet, but I really want to now, partially because of this.
TheHoon57 chapter 1 . 4/6
You gonna continue this?
FusRoDerp chapter 1 . 4/5
Loved the story.
AD Lewis chapter 1 . 4/4
A fun one shot to read. Really enjoyed it since Vetra is my favourite romance option in the game :)
pyrothekid chapter 1 . 3/31
here come the vetra fics! i gotta say this was really good writing
Love it
that guy chapter 1 . 3/29
Hey that's pretty good. Your like the first person to ship scott and vetra (like me) good job writing this, it be interesting to see what you'll write next if you are going to write again. Good job overall.
strider-of-porcupines chapter 1 . 3/28
You are my hero and I can't wait to see more of my otp.