Reviews for Nothing Quite So Exciting
Sylarfan chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This was cute. I agree with you, most every woman dreams up romances in her own head every now and then and if they say they don't they're lying. And what woman wouldn't dream about Rick O'Connell sweeping them off their feet. I know I would!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
LMAO! Utterly brilliant! Makes me feel a little bit better about the strange daydreams and flights of fancy I have over coffee, on boring train journeys and so on.

Your Evie voice was just perfect and I love how she kept trying to be sensible, and totally failing because she's so smitten with the tall, strong, handsome, blue-eyed, rude, horrid, scoundrel! And the line about why O'Connell rescued her - "I dunno, seemed like a good idea at the time..." - was just genius!

I think I might have a wee cup of tea now, actually, and indulge in a little daydream about being carried off into the desert by Ardeth while waiting for the kettle to boil. ;-) (Ooh, matron! I didn't even mean *that*!) /blush
Luling chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Ohh...this just makes me cackle, a "Hohoho," all the while thinking how Evelyn is in for an adventure xD I love dramatic irony!
Nightarcher210 chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
This was absoutely brilliant-perfectly stream-of-consciousness and very much like the imaginings of a poor, romantic archaeologist would turn out to be. You write Evie so wonderfully. I loved this line:

"I'd accept his thanks with my customary grace and poise, and not trip over anything, even once."

It sounds like me. Hm... I wonder if I'll ever find a blue-eyed adventurer to save me from black-clad desert raiders. Or maybe just a black-clad desert raider. It would be terribly romantic.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
lol. Very nice. I loved it.

KrisEleven~
allibabab chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Very cute! You've got the voice of Evelyn down really well. :)
toni-isis too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
update your stories. I know this one is probably finished but please continue deja vous. You probably have very little time as you most likely publish work but could you please update for a devoted admirer? I adore your characterization and to be frank you write better than stephen sommers himself. You wouldn't kill evy pointlessly, would you?
I am unsure if you are american or english, and to be honest your writing seems to fit both!
I cannot stress how truly superbly written your stories are! i have tried to join your fanlisting, which you very much deserve may I add, and it is authors like you that set the way for all of us on the Mummy section of the site.
You should write the next mummy film, and I am not just saying that to suck up or anything. Your stories seem so real and are enticing.
Please update
toni-isis
katie janeway chapter 1 . 11/16/2003
Hee hee. Very nice.
aura218 chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
Love this story!
A. Windsor chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
hehehehehheheheheh

that is amazingly cute and funny! Great job!
Lovisa Devereux chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
brilliant pov of evelyn!
MaidM chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
lol, very cute. we all have our fights of fancy. made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Adrian chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
That is a really great story, keep up the good work!
Mexx chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
Gosh, I think this must be one of your best fics to date. so utterly Evie, and fantastically written as always.

The fantasties were sweet and funny (Who doesn't indulge in a fantasy from time to time, eh?), and her reality checks were also so perfectly in character.

Loved this, as with everything else you've every written ;-)

More soon, perhaps a companion piece, in Rick's pov?

Mexx.
She's a Star chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
*giggles madly* That was hilarious. Funny, well-written, and perfectly in-character.

Simply wonderful :-)