Reviews for The Ongoing Affair
AkaJoki chapter 20 . 11/15/2014
As much as I like the Mondler pairing, I guess I always have been thinking in the back of my mind that Joey and Chandler were the ones that belonged together. I'm still quite upset nothing has been done about that in the series, but heh, you can't have everything you want.
Otherwise, great story! I especially loved your Joey. Much better character development than in the series, much more emotional and human, and hurt, too. He's not always the stupid, grinning guy who you go to for partying. Yours brought me to tears more than once! Also, I think your writing is great! Not a native speaker writing, here, but, well. Though a great story, I didn't really understand the Rachel / Phoebe pairing, either. I think they look cute together, but maybe it happened a bit too fast, here.
I apologize for the veeery long comment, and thank you for writing this great piece of work! Loved it.
CosmicPudding chapter 3 . 6/26/2010
Let me just say that I really really loved this fic. it was deep and feeling and not easy. Not to mention, some of the best writing for Joey EVER. This chapter really got me though. It's simply amazing. I can practically feel Joey's hurt. Especially his 'You left me. you always leave me.' I feel like were the show to have gone this road with the two of them, it would've been a set up just like this.

NGL, I wish he held out more, but can't hate on the results.
elista chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
This was a great story! I'm not a fan of slash stories in general, especially between Friends, but the story was just great. The writing was wonderful, it had a development and everything was so natural. Well, I didn't really understand Phoebe/Monica story, it seemed to be a bit of a rush, but other than that, everything was great. I especially liked the depth of Joey's feeling, that's really touching. I don't really have a lot experience in fanfic, but to me this was a great job!
Cress chapter 20 . 12/23/2003
No, Chandler is not meant to be forgetful in the beginning. Did you not get my email message about this issue? Chandler did not say that he had no idea about Joey's feelings in the first chapters; he said he had no idea about his (Chandler's) feelings. Please tell me where you see these three instances where Chandler realizes Joey's feelings, because I don't see them. There was only meant to be one such revelation, in Vegas, and nothing more.
Nevyn chapter 20 . 12/23/2003
this is the thrid time that Chandler has noticed that Joey really loved him since the first chapters when he said he had no idea. is he supposed to look forgoetful in the begining.
it'd be nice if you to write a chapter where Joey and Chandler get married in this srory. Maybe soemtime during the last chapter. that would be fun.
and where do you find the time to write all of these. you have so many stories!
it's just amazing. and you have done a really great job. i really like your strories. keep it up.
Nevyn chapter 16 . 12/22/2003
why can't Chandler figure out that he is cheating on Monica? I mean, he's mad that she is hanging out with her ex, but what he is doing is a whole lot worse. people can be so complicated.
in one of the previous chapters you have Chandler state that he had no idea that Joey felt the way that he did, but in this chapter Joesy tells him that he loves him. Could he have simply forgotten someting as important as that comment?
another good chapter and off to read the next one. sorry that i am leaving so many comments. i can't help it. *looks sheepish*
Nevyn chapter 15 . 12/22/2003
just caressing Chandler's face and looking into his eyes. _ might want to change to caressed Chandler's face and looked into his eyes. it sounds a bit better.
Chandler touched his hand hopefully. - this sentence could be made better with a comma or an added word or two.
There really are no errors in this story. I just caought the first one so decided to point them out for soem reason. I didn't do that on your last stoires. sorry about that.
anyway, it seems as iff they are begening to work it out so perhaps this will have a very happy ending after all.
Nevyn chapter 14 . 12/22/2003
Joey really needs someone that cang et their priorites right and Chandler doesn't seem like he can do that. i hope that they can all work it out in the end. their history seems to be a mess. but then, all the characters have twisted lives. *looks amused*
Nevyn chapter 11 . 12/22/2003
yeah, chandler really needs to show joey just how devoted he can be and swearing off dates is not going to do it, especially if he hardly gets dates in the first place. poor characters. their lives are so complicated.
Nevyn chapter 9 . 12/22/2003
O.O Just like that? Monica realizes that she loves Phoebe back just like that? This is so surreal. If only real life were so simple.
Nevyn chapter 7 . 12/22/2003
they might not be a good couple though. monica is to much of a neat freak. they'd end up arguing about that. but is a nice idea and they look kindof cute together.
Nevyn chapter 5 . 12/22/2003
hm... chandler could always show that he si sincer by moving out and not dating anyone AT ALL for a year and see what Joey thinks of that. it just might work. who knows. and poor joey, he's going to have to try and clear his name up later after his friedns confront him.
Nevyn chapter 4 . 12/22/2003
so, that is how they got together. nice version. and if monica eve finds out... about her bed... yeah, she'll be so mad! *laughs*
Nevyn chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
*clap clap* Yeah! Break up the horrible pairing. Chandler blongs with no one other then Joey. Thanks! Hehehe.
Exintaris chapter 19 . 3/13/2003
Yeah, absolutely right about how weird it would feel to father a child with Ph & M. I was moving in that direction with M & R asking them.

Liked Phoebe leaving her aura behind!

A fairly satisfactory ending, though it's not clear where R & R are - but you can't fix everything.