Reviews for Chris
Coel chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Yes. Please continue.
moreteaplease chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Sigh.

If only more of us had found this fic nine years ago, we could have poked you with big pointy sticks to make you continue.

This is my happy fic, I read it whenever I'm feeling pants, so thanks. I think its great.
Lady Shikyo chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
To be continued! To be continued! I wanna read more There is not enough slash for this series! But you probably won't continue. . .I has been a while since you published this story. . .
Catch23North chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Interesting.

You've got Chris's voice down cold. He's afraid. He's curious. He's in metaphorical free-fall, and that's EXACTLY where Chris Stevens likes to be.

Joel's actions need some back-story. While I could easily see him being attracted to Chris and vice-versa, Joel tends to go through a period of denial about ANY new situation.

Fortunately, Joel has been known to go temporarily NUTS from time to time, and this would give you an easy, in-canon explanation.

-Say Joel's been having erotic dreams, for example. His sleep's disturbed, he's being reminded of fantasies from his pre-med days, (hence the choice of reading material) and he fully expects to wake up alone the next day in a tangle of sticky sheets.

Joel HAS had trouble telling his more vivid dreams from reality in the past, and Joel is GOOD at dealing with surprising new circumstances that fade with the light of dawn.

...But that won't help him with Chris in the morning.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Seriously though, I think Chris can handle Joel's morning freak-out. I have this mental picture of Joel waking up, looking over at Chris, yelling in shock... and then Chris yelling 'cause Joel's yelling, and vice-versa again...

They'd be okay.

Great sensory description, good POV, and your characters fit together like, well... spoons. :)

I've always wished people would write this pairing more.
Dlvvanzor chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
GAH! That was awesome. And even though I can't see that happening in the show, I really like it and they were surprisingly in character! I could hear their voices and see their expressions.
Maria Whitman-Menzel-Malfoy chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
fascinating, i guess...
Ennovy chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Yes please
Bacard chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
[sigh]

I don't really know, how to start this.

I can't see it at all.

I mean I'm a slasher. And I'm a Northern Exposure fan. And a Rob Morrow fan. I'm even trying to slash "Street Time"!

But I just can't picture them as Joel and Chris. Ed and Chris: Why not? Joel and Ed: Sure! Chris and Joel: Yes, but not this way.

I mean I totally see Chris reading, and Joel asking about i; or a curious Ed; or Joel talking before thinking; or Chris with those "experiences"; or whatever... Except this.

And it begins like a really good story. I think it's in-character till the "What's so scandalous about it?" line. and after that... I just don't know.

And it's still a quite well-written slash.

I didn't know how to start this, and now, I just don't know how to finish.

[sigh]
Noondarkly chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
NX is my Number 1 show ever! And Chris, my favourite character. Next, Joel. And next, I have to add that I get weak in the knees reading slash! This was very nicely written, I can totally imagine this happening in a dream of Joel's or Chris's from which they end up in cold sweat LOL. I mean Joel would be so freaked out hehe. Chris? Hm... who knows. Well, I loved reading it, and I would khm kindof love to read more. Any chance for that...?
Yawping Stance chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Oh, very good! I've just recently discovered the magic that is Northern Exposure and I just finished the first season. I suppose the spoons will be explained, and I KNEW something would happen to Elaine! Or is that just getting rid of her for the sake of the story? Either way, it works well. I liked the conversations with his subconscious (I write like that a fair amount, too), and the beginning. It sounded almost exactly like his radio show!

Samdum
Suzanne Bartholomew chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
I loved this Joel/Chris story. Both of them are so sexy. Definitely need to continue this story.
Lucy chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
So, looking at the publish date, I'm guessing this probably isn't going to be continued? Shame. There is not nearly enough Northern Exposure fic out there, let alone Chris/Joel.

I loved this. Cute, light-hearted and in tune with the show's rather hard to capture quirks. The only part I didn't quite buy was Chris not knowing what 'Maurice' was about, considering he is literature-boy. Having said that, I really liked seeing him being the one to struggle with the idea that he's attracted to Joel instead of the other way around.

Also, I know a lot of the other reviewers seem to disagree with me here, but I really liked your Joel.
CelticWZ chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
I can honestly say that this isn't like the show at all. Its nothing what the characters would do or say. I won't say its trash, but I'm not complimenting you either.
pkw chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
this may be a bit late, but i vote for more!

thanx for sharing
Lewisa Clark chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
I loved this story! What makes it so interesting is how different Joel is at the end of the series, and how you've reflected that in his changed attitude-yet his unchanging character traits are still there too. I would definitely like to read more NX stories from you!