Reviews for Photographs on the Mantel
cheetahlee chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
beautifully done. heartbreaking. thank you.
katie janeway chapter 1 . 12/6/2003
Wow.
A. Windsor chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
I cried the most during that one... :( awesome job...
Lovisa Devereux chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
Oh my gosh, that was so touching that I am actually crying. It links to the other story that you wrote when she promises Rick that she'll be there when he wakes up, but her dad comes and takes her back to heaven while he sleeps. That is such a moving story... I cannot describe it any better.
sara chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
Hey sorry about what i said in my last review, i just hate story's that have Rick and Evy apart,like when she dies, i cried when i read yours, but other then that it was a good story.:)
Julie chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
This was a perfect fic. The one flaw it has is that it's just so sad. I tear up every time I read it. Well done!
sara chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
Listen, No offense but i hated it, because it is just to sad to even read

But thats just my opinion.
MaidM chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
*sniff* that was so sweet and sad. beautiful job.
Marcher chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
What an emotional piece of writing. Not overly soppy but just enough sadness to tug at my heart. I loved Alex's exact memory of her sitting on the swing with his father, that was wonderful. Good use of imagination and nicely told through Alex's eyes. Very good indeed.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
Very vividly imagined and beautiful- I love this sequence! One really stupid petty thing I HAD to write, don't be mad! The name Samantha wasn't around then. It was only properly introduced after the TV program 'Bewitched' was on. Before that, no one was called Samantha. Apart from that tiny detail, this was brilliant!
Marxbros chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
Aw, Buff.

This was so beautiful. This might be my favorite of all your stories. *thinks* Yes, it is my favorite. Each story in this sequence gets better and better.

There were so many lovely captured the bittersweet nature of Alex's memories perfectly. I loved the bit about him wondering if she regretted having a husband and child, and then the line, "And then, when I watch my father talk about her, I know she didn’t regret a moment." So true! And the bit about Rick always remembering her perfectly. I just know that he would.

My favorite part was: "My parents are on a swing that was attached to an old oak tree in our backyard. Mum has her head on dad's shoulder and they're just sitting there, frozen in a private, unimportant moment. That's how I think of her. She doesn't appear to me in the desert or at the museum, in her element. She's on that swing with my father, always. "

How simple and beautiful, that one, unimportant moment. Sigh. Lovely story. -M