Reviews for Green, Unpleasant Land
Nathanoraptor chapter 2 . 5/2/2017
This is a preview, I should point out; the full chapter should be up sometime this weekend.
Cynogale chapter 2 . 5/2/2017
Very interesting idea for a one-shot story - as for the creatures involved, might they be Deinogalerix?
Flameal15k chapter 2 . 4/8/2017
Nice first chapter.

Regrettably, I have no idea what myth this creature would be the basis of, but I'd be willing to be they are Cronopio,, a type of Dryolestid from Argentina, which has beennoted as resembling Ice Age's saber-toothed squirrel. Also, ALL HAIL KING SCRAT!

Any ways, great job!

Oh, and I thought the last two seasons of Primeval were okay, but let's agree to disagree.
DaDog chapter 2 . 4/8/2017
Hmmmm...this is probably a long stretch, but are these small shrew-like animals Zalambdalestes, the Cretaceous mammal of Mongolia?
Nathanoraptor chapter 1 . 4/7/2017
1. Like I said, the ARC team will not feature in about a third of the stories: that's approximately six. However, they will appear in the majority, which will be set at various points in Series 2 & 3 (I don't like Series 4 & 5).
2. The stories will be set all over the British Isles, with the setting varying as to what is going to appear.
3. The title is a pun on the phrase "green and pleasant land", which has become a collocation for identifiably English landscape or society.

DaDog and aeons: Thank you.
Guest: I'm a fan of the show; I know the majority of creatures on it were not true dinosaurs (or even Mesozoic reptiles). The promotional billboards, however, said "dinosaurs" and, to be honest, I've already given my full allotment of shits about people who don't understand metaphors.
aeons chapter 1 . 4/6/2017
Looking forward to it!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/6/2017
Technically very few of the animal species the team encountered were dinosaurs only the Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus rex, swimming theropod dinosaur and the dromaeosaurs were dinosaurian.

Many of the reptilian creatures were actually members of other groups distantly related to dinosaurs. The Gorgonopsid was a therapsid, a variety of beast that displayed mammalian and reptilian traits. They were a transitional form between mammals and reptiles.

The mammoth, a Columbian mammoth, that rampaged across the M25 was a hairless species that was closely related to its hairier cousin, the woolly mammoth, that roamed in colder regions.
Different species of mammoth existed.

Another group of elephantine creatures roamed the area around the same time which were mastodons distant relatives of mammoths that differed in diet contents and dental morphology

The flying Pteranodon featured was a pterosaur which were a group of flying reptiles that ruled the skies distantly related to dinosaurs during the Mesozoic, which was the period during which dinosaurs were the most widespread lifeforms existing spanning the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous eras.

But pterosaurs occupied the skies while dinosaurs were exclusively terrestrial creatures.
DaDog chapter 1 . 4/5/2017
Awesome! I can't to see what this story is like.