Reviews for The Duchess Gambit
i have read and reread this story on Ao3 so many times . This is my favourite fairtytail fanfic ever ,I am waiting for the day you will be finally updating it .
KJacket chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
I've procrastinated writing a review partly because it's sad to have it "completed" for now - I really love this story! Sorry for your loss, I actually also lost my mom mid-2019, and then well you know, 2020 now, hah.

I've really enjoyed reading a (so far almost) "non-magical" story set in a medieval-like era with all the little background chapters linking the characters together. Very refreshing to have such a well-written world-building story and in my favourite short story format. Thank you for writing, and best wishes to stay strong in the future.
Ragboy7 chapter 7 . 7/13/2020
Truly a wonderful work by a wonderful person. I remember waiting for updates from We Are Young all those years ago, and to see how much you've improved is truly inspiring. While our interests and fandoms have certainly diverged over the years, it's nice to know that whatever you write is still some of the best any fandom could ask for. Thank you for this story, and I hope you do eventually decide to return to it at some point. When you do, I'll be sure to read it.
sabrina-luna-potter chapter 7 . 7/12/2020
I'm so happy that you updated for this! I understand if you can't continue, though. Things happen, and sometimes we lose interest in stories.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad, and I hope that you are feeling better.
Amanny chapter 1 . 7/12/2020
This is an interesting story. I like nobles and swordsman
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2019
Two words: where's Happy?

nice story though:)
MaChunXia chapter 6 . 12/15/2018
OH MY GOSH! That chapter was awesome! Really, really long, but awesome. I loved the ending. The way Zeref burst out laughing...
Mavis makes an amazing big sister. This chapter is officially my favorite.
By the we, can we expect a chapter on Mavis and Zeref? I'd love to see how Mavis actually MET Zeref. But I'm sure I'll love whatever you have in store next so update soon :)
Guest chapter 3 . 12/13/2018
So gajeel did not see juvia in this chapter but in last he was worried about her. If erza knew his life story would she not wonder. Juvia is quite rare name.
Intresting story though. I don't like this lucy much though. Too manipulative for my taste.
aoi588 chapter 6 . 12/11/2018
BEST THING EVER

History lessons, and the Shadows being spies, and the names of the kingdoms—all absolutely incredible. There are even SWEARS and history and all the dragons are alive and Zeref and Mavis can be a happy couple with kids? Zera’s alive too, this is a dream world. I’m so happy. The connection with the Land was such a cool thing, too, I can conceptualize it so well.

On to characters! Erza’s “elopement,” I can’t even, she and Adah are so sweet (I wonder where Jellal is, though? Maybe he’s in a previous chapter, which reminds me, it’s totally about time for me to reread. But not saying I need Jerza or anything, any pairings you write will be amazing, because they always are). As for Gajeel, you did such a great job of drawing out the mystery of what exactly happened, I was so curious! He and Juvia are the best bff combo ever, I truly hope we get to see them meet again. Sting and Rogue are great, the whole I-jumped-him-and-his-stitches-got-pulled-out was hilarious and adorable. Wendy’s an awesome little badass (when is she not?) and Natsu is such a good uncle and friend (I’m glad he punched that guy too). Now he’s stowed away on a trip to Fiore and we’re back to the beginning! Everything we learned this chapter was incredible, thank you so much for brightening my day. Ciao!
KJacket chapter 6 . 12/11/2018
Great background-ish story, would love to read one where Lucy visits the Alvarez capital with Natsu, though that seems like quite a ways yet!
Ragboy7 chapter 6 . 12/10/2018
Oh my god this was literally as perfect of a chapter as you could get. The world building, the character interaction, the pacing of it all was just absolute perfection. Bravo my guy!
M.Allyn chapter 5 . 7/4/2018
Love the part where Cana went to see Lucy and Loke. Then the cuddles, it really shows how deep is their bonds with each other. And Laxus complaining about Lucy falling to Loke is so adorable and cute. He really treats himself as her guardian. And Cana and Mira's story is absolutely breath taking. I mean, it's so sweet and so fucking real. Now, I can't wait to get on NaLu. Thanks for the update!
New-Fanfictionaddict chapter 5 . 7/3/2018
"Enjoy the last installement of this story", or how to stress the hell out of me. Thank you for that! I actually came all the way down to see if there was an "up next" before reading it, to the risk of spoiling myself!

Do you know I love your writing? Well, I still do. What can I say, you're great at this. That said, I'm a little disappointed that I have the feeling more and more that Mira married Laxus as a friend, and not as a lover. You haven't shied away from implying sexual relationships, and the most intimate Mira and Laxus have been for the moment is sleeping in the same bed on a moment of distress. Or am I reading it wrong? Not that there's anything wrong with that (it's your story after all), but I was hoping for a full-on polyamourous relationship between those three... Maybe not sex between Freed and Mira (for some reason, I see Freed as gay), but... yeah. You get the idea.

Also, Cana is awesome. I think she's my favourite character for the moment! She's a merchant/pirate lady, a womanizer (bisexual?) and has a ship completely run by female refugees? That's so awsome! *.*
KJacket chapter 5 . 7/1/2018
This series is one of my fav of all time. I loved reading how close Lucy and Cana are, their relationship and definitely laughed when Lucy said she'd help Cana woo Mira.

Amazing writing thanks for the story!
KJacket chapter 4 . 5/6/2018
I must admit I've read this fourth chapter first on Ao3 then found it on ff (cus I like ff's format better) then realized there were 3 earlier chapters. Indeed a nice backstory on Mira, I'd definitely be interested in reading how Mira gets tangled with Cana later!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »