Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion
Delta4Phoenix chapter 4 . 5/2/2018
Just wanted to point out, that the Positron Rifle fires Anti-ElectronsPositronsaka friggin ANTIMATTER!) which wouldn’t only do physical damage, but also ignore armor, as the positrons literally annihilates anything, though shielding in the case increases with mass. Sorry, but I had to get that out.
GunBunnyShift chapter 5 . 12/15/2017
Five chapters. That's all I could read was five chapters till I gave up. Your fic has potential and it probably did get better, but I couldn't read it anymore. The plot was interesting. Wormholes and all that. It was the dialogue that eventually drew me away. It's... cringe. Pure cringe. Asuka is more insufferable than in the show. The character bashing is a tired subject. We all might not like Ritsuko, but really? The dialogue should be engaging. And this story is quite dialogue heavy. They're just so... one dimensional. And they are more complex than that. And the little dramas erupting randomly is childish at best. Solvable without someone throwing a fit. Good premise, bad execution in terms of characters. Not a flame, but an opinion.
Exiled Soul Nomad chapter 15 . 9/25/2017
I liked the reactions to the Shuffle Alliance holding off on their finisher for so long. Plus, we got a pretty nice farewell scene.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/25/2017
Really nice ending to this little crossover but very concerned now for the introduction of Kaworu. Seems like this Kaworu is going to be quite interesting and his words so far seem somewhat villainous. Will be interesting to see how that pans out moving forward.

Really enjoyed this crossover, I know little of the Gundam series featured but I did like the characters used, I felt you gave them all good amounts of time to grow and speak which isn't easy. You managed to balance a very hefty cast super well and should be commended for that.

Some touching scenes that I hope the characters can and possibly have learned from. Scenes of accepting loss and also communicating well and maybe it'll spur certain people on to make some changes in their lives. (*cough* Gendo *cough* Ritsuko) I doubt it but you never know.

Good action scenes in this too, I liked the use of the special moves in there, it's always a risk I guess using them in something like Eva which is more grounded but it worked well.

Looking forward to you resuming the main story and what is to come with Kaworu's introduction.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 15 . 9/25/2017
Explosive final chapter of the cross over, I enjoyed how you once again took a really negative from End of Evangelion and spun it on its head in that Asuka was showing Shinji her chest in the hospital bed but its all consenting and she's awake and its a really positive spin on it.

Nice to see Kyoko and Mari get to speak again, though I feel Mari is this is clearly having issues as she's starting to flash her assets, I think its all due to being bored and everyone else having partners while Rei is still out for the count. Huge epic battle and I'm glad its over but I was sad to see all of the Gundam piolts go but I realize it necessary as Nerv had to fix the worm hole issue but I do wonder if they might find a way to communicate with Nerv even if they can't visit though I could see it taking some years.

Kaworu though and what he says at the end of this chapter was utterly chilling as even the worst Kaworu the manga one who is an kitten killing creep never said things like that...and it has me worried because people are scary as hell who don't take no for an answer.
RabidArmenian chapter 14 . 9/21/2017
Im so loving this fic as i found it, read it all for three days straight with some breaks. This is awesome muh man but also begs a question.

Will the Final Angel show up mid battle?
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 14 . 9/11/2017
So much going on in this chapter I like that your pushing Misato and Kaji's relationship further than the series or manga and rebuild did in that there having to learn to work with each other and get over there issues and old wounds as I could see this happening with them in a long term relationship after they got back together.

Nice to see Mari also trying to help out the Gundam piolts as I think Allenby does need help with her issue as Mari had this before she fell in love with Rei and Allenby is going through that stage of difficulty of letting go but I think she needs to and when she moves on she'll be happier and find someone who loves her.

I feel bad for Asuka its clear that her and Rei are now in the same position in that there both very baldly wounded but Rei is still in a coma where as Asuka is awake but stuck in the hosbital bed and will be slow to mend. The end bit though like I just keep thinking of rebuild and what happened with 02 when Mari used it and I just have a bad feeling its going to happen again, because its just that terrible spin in the Eva universe that 02 tends to gets its ass kicked badly at least once.
jcmoorehead chapter 14 . 9/11/2017
Glad to see this updated again, more new characters being introduced but as ever you managed to do it well and give everyone appropriate time to speak and make them feel different from one another. Some good moments in this one, I really liked seeing Allenby and Mari bond a little bit and tease Shinji.

Some good rebuilding of the relationship between Kaji/Misato, seems they are able to get past their issues and help one another rather than run away as they had/there was a risk of before.

Action scenes were as ever well done, I always think you manage to capture the intensity of the fights well. I will admit it is a bit strange to see Shinji shout out the moves like that but it's part of piloting that machine so it makes sense.

Interesting twist towards the end about Domon's mother, itll be interesting to see how the plan goes. God knows plans in Evangelion don't generally go well so I can see some sort of twist being thrown into the mix. As always keep up the good work, looking forward to what is to come.
Neo-Devil chapter 13 . 9/5/2017
There always was a reason why people call G gundam the prototype of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan. The corny lines and all around craziness are the reasons why. Of course, Gurren Lagaan had the craziness ramped up to full on INSANITY but still.
Now a Portal that can bring in Gurren Lagaan must happen, and then no one will have to worry about the angels ever again because of the insanity known as mother fucking Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan! I mean Really, they are only one step away as G Gundam was just a step in that direction.
Mega Float Guest chapter 13 . 8/17/2017
It would be funny if domon uses one of the crazy Eva 01 attacks like it's something normal.
Exiled Soul Nomad chapter 13 . 8/12/2017
Hahahaha! Tense moments but I loved the chants being used and Shinji's reluctance to say it the first time.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 13 . 8/12/2017
Oh damn...that's shocking I don't know what the pedofile piece of trash did but Asuka's in rage and hate mode but I like the twist in that this is about her mother yet this makes sense as in the mass Evangelion fight everything was centred on her mother. I think the Gundam she is in is literally warping her brain some how and they are talking to child Asuka but with all of teen Asuka's rage, anger and violence.

I did like Asuka's interrogation scene at the start though and how she kept throwing it back in the sick bastards face. I feel so sorry for Shinji through out this and it kind of proves the villains intelligence because he and his messed up other half want Shinji to kill Asuka in my view that is what this is all about because once he's forced to kill her he'll give up and have no stomach for war.

I just really hope Mari can just stop this also I now understand the foreshadowing of the last chapter and why Kyoko was mentioned and I think everything here is going to rest on Mari's shoulders and her telling Asuka the truth and exposing the truth about herself even though it could drive a wedge in to her friendship with Asuka in a huge way.
jcmoorehead chapter 13 . 8/12/2017
Awesome chapter, always said a pissed off Shinji is someone you don't want after you but I can see a lot of regret for him in the future. He's going off on people and his attitude is very similar to his fathers. It's all well and good him willing to do whatever it takes to get people back but there is a line that can be crossed.

Asuka at the start being very angry and threatening. Disturbing to think about what this group can do though with the replicating Units and how they're using Asuka to attack. Very nervous about how this will go, I'm worried that even outside of the Gundam Asuka won't come down well from this.

Mari was as ever hilarious when talking about the flight suit. Although I imagine the original wearer will probably want to clean that first before they get in it again :P

Battle sequences were written well, as always could really get a sense for what was happening. I liked how you had Shinji questioning the usage of the special attack lines and being told he has to do it.

Quite interesting was Misato and Kaji. Kaji being a voice of reason and Misato starting to lose her temper with Shinji in it. I can see why, Shinji is under a lot of pressure and Misato & Co haven't quite lived up to their promise but there isn't a lot Misato herself could/can do. Some interesting conflicts being built up here for the future.

As always good work, looking forward to what is next.
Max chapter 12 . 8/4/2017
hahaha Asuka's going to be the new Devil Gundam core unit.

I know she'll probably get rescued without any lasting physical effects, but it'd be really hilarious if it incorporated Unit-02 somehow and she ended up like that ridiculous giant asuka from the ANIMA novels (those are terrible, don't read them).

Also I really hope someone goes for the obvious joke with Asuka's nickname and the Devil Gundam once they find out about it.
jcmoorehead chapter 12 . 7/31/2017
I loved that opening, sleepy Mari was very funny to read and I can really imagine her doing something like that. Some nice flirting from Asuka to Shinji as well, was really sweet and sexy :)

The Domon/Rain argument was interesting, I don't know the characters but obviously there is a big history there. I think Rain was overreacting but it was a well written and logical escalation. Things like that do happen, not just in that subject but across other matters too.

Ritsuko seemed somewhat normal in this chapter. It does feel like at times she still has the potential to do good but I just know she isn't going to allow it to happen. She is too far gone.

Scary moment at the end of the chapter too with them grabbing Asuka. I was wondering who they would go for out of Asuka/Mari to be honest. I was kinda expecting Mari but with them having Asuka i feel like that is a huuuuge mistake they have made. If there is one thing you don't want coming after you its a pissed off Shinji in Unit 01.

As always a very good chapter and I look forward to what is to come.