Reviews for Heathens
Filiafamilias chapter 10 . 2/20
This fic is one of your best, imo. The characterizations and the plot are both well thought out and well written. Thanks for writing and sharing this!
Mistress-Cinder chapter 10 . 2/13
Oh Wow! Ouch! My heart hurts. What a tragic story...
Mistress-Cinder chapter 8 . 2/13
Wow! Just Wow! That is a soul changing chapter.
That was an absolutely amazing f ic. You are a very talented writer. I couldn't put the story down until I read it all the way through. Brilliant!
sunshine.katz chapter 10 . 2/7
That was amazing. And haunting. Even after learning that the Aurors had viewed Hermione's memories, I somehow spent most of the story assuming she'd been wrongfully imprisoned, until the final chapter made it exceedingly clear.

Loved your Avery (you had me at "Colin Morgan") and his faith in her; together with the deliberate lack of details about what he or the other Death Eaters had done or how much time had elapsed since the War. Her commentary on how Harry had walked away from her before AND her thoughts that if their roles had been reversed, Ron wouldn't have been sentenced were both devastatingly insightful. If you ever feel like an epilogue or a one-shot in this universe, I'd love to read it!

Also loved the poetry throughout (don't read enough poetry to know whether it's yours or quotes but either way, I enjoyed it). Your writing is simply beautiful.
original retro marmalade chapter 10 . 2/4
Absolutely loved this uncommon pairing, as well as your wholly unconventional story. Really, really well done
YourVeryOwnRandomCatLady chapter 10 . 1/29
i would love to see more of this couple but i understand the authors note at the end. wow that is beautiful. thank you. maybe show us this couple again with a whole new story? totally unrelated? i love hermione with death eaters. and fenrir. espically fenrir. anyway THIS was amazing. THANKS.
SiriuslyPink chapter 10 . 1/16
Ahh this was beautiful. One of the best fics I've read in a while. Doubt I'll be able to find another fanfic male lead that's as swoon worthy as Evander.
SiriuslyPink chapter 2 . 1/15
Idk why but I really like the name Evander. By the way, I think Avery was in Slytherin, not Ravenclaw. I don't think it was ever said outright, but it was implied when it was mentioned that Snape hung around Avery and Mulciber in school.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/27/2017
I loved this. The ending was perfect.
chibichanga chapter 10 . 12/5/2017
Wow. What a great story. You wove this tale like poetry. Absolutely wonderful.
esthe chapter 6 . 12/2/2017
good ending.
cece2046 chapter 10 . 11/29/2017
I'm just so sad from reading about Harry and Hermione's goodbye. I wish they can be who they are years ago, happy and trusting and whole. I even wish I can say that you're wrong - Harry and the Weasleys see Hermione as family - but the truth is, I just can't, because even in canon, at the end of the day, Hermione doesn't have any magical family to stand up for her no matter what. It's truly heartbreaking that their friendship ends in this way, yet it's a whole different level of heartbreaking that it very well could happen in canon universe.

I feel there's an unintended (or intended?) parallel of the Golden Trio to the Marauders. Hermione/SiriusPeter kills Ron/James and ends up in Azkaban and Harry/Remus doesn't believe in her innocence or reason so he ends up alone. Despite all the differences of the circumstances and characters, it has the common theme of how friendship gets ripped apart by betrayal and death. It'll be an ultimate tragedy if generations later the same mistakes are still being repeated.

I'm not even talking about Evander haha I'm sorry. This story just blew me away.
cece2046 chapter 8 . 11/25/2017
Their first kiss somehow reminds me of the sirimione first making love in Toothpaste Kisses. Their chemistry is certainly different but there's something similar: the deep mutual understanding and tenderness. It's so beautiful.
jak3811 chapter 10 . 11/24/2017
I like happier endings or stories but life can change by choosing not to do anything. Abuse is always hard to accept and easier to ignore. Oh it is just and acident he has anger issues, and om that goes. As a person that lived with verbal abuse for years i get it. Do not blaim her at all. I really enjoyed the poetry