Reviews for Precious Illusions
LavernaG chapter 4 . 12/9/2017
I cannot say how grateful I am that you've written this story. Thank you so much! This is now, without any doubt, my absolute number one favourite fanfic in the world. You are so amazing with words, I hope you know that. And you've got the characters exactly right and presented them as true and beautiful. While the original ending remains wonderfully tragic and, in lack of a better word, right - this story has added so much to Norma and Joe's story, and by giving it a happy ending, you've really saved this couple. Thank you! :)
LavernaG chapter 2 . 12/7/2017
I'm halfway through your story, and I think it's one of the best fanfics I've ever read. You are so good with words. It's really a pleasure to read this. I'm totally enjoying it. You've got the characters exactly right. Some people write Norma as aged and annoyingly persistent, but you've done a great job, realizing and bringing to your readers her beauty, and good traits, and the fragile side of the formidable actress. And Joe's confused and complicated feelings towards her are just completely as they should be. Thank you so much for writing this story. I will continue reading it to the end. It's simply wonderful. :)
Katherine chapter 4 . 9/21/2017
This is beautiful. I read the original version a few years ago and I enjoyed it tremendously but, to be honest, this one feels more developed and thought out. Now I'm waiting for those missing scenes that you promised! :)
Len chapter 1 . 9/14/2017
Hiya! Just wanted to pop in and say this was so much fun to read...and a little frightening as there were a few lines in here I'd almost thought of verbatim in my own head! As a die-hard Norma/Joe fangirl, this was such a lovely interlude to imagine. Also-I'm pretty sure we were in the Sunset audience in London on the same night! How insane is that? I don't even live in Europe!

I believe I came across some of your writing several years back and I think we may have even chatted a little...so nice to virtually "meet" you again. I very much hope you keep writing-about Sunset and/or anything else you may desire. Your prose is brilliantly engaging and your vocabulary makes me envious.

All the best!

Len
Guest chapter 4 . 9/11/2017
Same guest again. It's 3 am and I've just finished reading this. It's absolutely beautiful. I, too, am a fickle fangirl with a soft spot for Norma and doomed romances, and the Sunset Boulevard musical has captured my heart in the strangest way. I adore this fanfiction; you did an amazing job.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/8/2017
Oh my gosh, I saw Sunset Boulevard at my local amphitheater last week, and I loved Norma the second she stepped on stage. I LOVE how you write her. Thank you for this.