Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Seventh Safeguard
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 17 . 1h
Why didn't Mary attend Hogwarts, as a Muggle-born?
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Kagugu chapter 17 . 5/25
this story is wonderful thank you for your hard work
Hello miss Charlotte, I just took the time to write this review to inform you that in the paragraph wherein Mary Watson and N. Tonks enter to ask Harry to accompany them to the concert, the spelling of *Twilight* is written as *Twilit*.

Oh, and by the way, your story is AWESOME.
Wolfund chapter 17 . 5/21
very very intersting read. One of the first holmes fiction that feel like a holmes book I have read in a long, very long, time. Bravo.
Kagugu chapter 3 . 5/18
very nice
Kagugu chapter 1 . 5/18
well this was interesting
Mondtanz chapter 17 . 5/6
A wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.
This was quite wonderful :)
soccersack chapter 17 . 4/25
Very well done! That was a pleasure to read :)
Jane Fan chapter 17 . 4/13
This is one of the best crossovers I've ever readthanks a lot for sharing it.
RonRR chapter 17 . 3/29
A very different approach to the Harry Potter story.

Ron
Hobbyfarmer chapter 17 . 3/5
I loved this story. I thought making Mary a witch was campy and not needed it did not detract too much of the story. Thank You for the entertainment.
ak chapter 17 . 3/2
bonne fic!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 2/24
It's interesting to see the magical world and the events of Harry Potter presented this way, through the observations of Watson, who knows nothing about them, and his observations of Holmes, who's apparently doing some research. It creates a good guessing game re: exactly how much Holmes knows. His "A dangerous and highly unusual man..." breakdown is an awfully on-point description of Voldemort, but "gang warfare" is a very Muggle way to describe the Death-Eaters. "people like you and me" made me curious whether he knew about magic but just wasn't ready to break it to Holmes yet, or just suspected magic and still couldn't bring himself to believe it.

I think the first part of this chapter was interesting, but the latter half was pretty hard for me to get through. I found Holmes's dialogue very verbose and pedantic (how ironic that he says Voldemort is "fond of the sound of his own voice). "He pulled on the clothes he's wearing now fast and carelessly" is pretty much just a longer repetition of the sentence right before it, and the "Him, I think, though I shalln't insist..." paragraph, where he describes every move The Trio make and their motivations for it, was so tedious that it really lost me. It made this chapter feel very overwritten and needlessly long. Although from the little I know about Sherlock Holmes, it's fitting with his character that he talks this much, I would expect the appearance of The Trio to make things more interesting, not slow down the pace.

On the SPaG side, most of the dialogue tags have periods where there should be commas. It's written as "Dialogue," he said, not "Dialogue." he said.
KMH1 chapter 17 . 2/20
Wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing. One of the best crossovers I have read, especially for Sherlock Holmes/ Harry Potter.