Reviews for Rosa Stands Tall
KiraChan44 chapter 46 . 4/17
Oh my god, I can’t believe you still have those plot bunnies I gave you about Tal! At least let me read it pretty please! I’m giving you my best puppy dog eyes Shilyn!

Anywho... I’m so glad Solas *kind of* came clean. I was a little surprised that Tal got it before Rosa, but I was entirely pleased with how you wrote out that scene. I was also immensely pleased with the Solas/Rosa one on one time. I love me some smut! Wished it were a bit longer though... BUT, they were also out in the open, and I don’t know about you, but when you’re doing it where anyone could stumble upon your sweating forms rutting against each other, you usually try to be as quick as possible... How do I know you ask... well... you probably don’t want to hear it.

I’m glad recovery is going well for you, and I wish you luck with your physical therapy! I’m sorry that you have to struggle so much, but I really hope that everything works out.

Thank you for your encouragement with my rewrite. Real life has gotten in the way a bit, but I was working a bit more on the next chapter earlier in the day. I’m trying to slow things down. I get kind of excited and reveal things earlier than I want to, so I’m really buckling down and forcing myself to NOT do that, which is tough. Ugh.

Can’t wait for next week’s update! I love your works so much. SO MUCH SHILYN. You know, I was thinking the other day, and I’ve been following you and your fics for nearly two years now. I can’t even believe it! It all started with Ellana, but I think I like Rosa a little better. Sending healing thoughts your way my friend!
Frogbutton chapter 45 . 4/2
I love how you portray Imshael. I mean he is probably part of the Forbidden Ones for a reason, no? And the Quizzie in-game just slaps him and he's dead. This was way, way better :) he actually felt like a threat here. Ah, yeah the fade-mirrors! I always thought that they were just "memories" of eluvians, rather than actual ones, as Morrigan states you need immense power to activate them. But then again... how did Kieran get there if there wasn't one on the other side? So that is a fair point, really! :D
And aaaaaaaaaa justcomecleanSolas! Stop being such a secretive bellend! She'll probably accept you-only probably ease into the father-killing news a bit xD

No worries! It's just a body part. If we're old enough to read smut, I'm sure we can handle talking about vaginas, no? ;P I am crossing my fingers and toes for your test to go well! 3 NOBODY deserves to be in pain like that! I truly hope you won't need to suffer for it any more! And get to discover the joys of painless sex ;P It's such unessecary suffering, like. I really hope the doctors take example from your case and actually start studying this. I can bet you there are a lot of women with this not getting proper treatment :( Huff. Beaming all sorts of good vibes your way! I really hope the surgery worked! 33
KiraChan44 chapter 45 . 4/2
Okay, so this was definitely not what I was expecting! My mind is like blown, cuz this went a whole different way than what I expected! WHAT on earth is IMSHAEL gonna do with all that blood!? Release the forgotten ones? Release the evanuris!? Did you make Imshael Dirthamin’s brother in your head canon!? I’m geeking out over here!

What is Solas going to say/do/think when he finds out Imshael took all that blood and is working with the Formless One? What will Rosa (and Tal?) say about Solas’ possession of some of the eluvians? SO MANY QUESTIONS AND NO ANSWERS!

I’m sorry, it’s almost 2 AM and I’m so tired I feel drunk...

I’m sorry you’re still having a problem with sitting, but I hope your test does come out negative because that would be such s wonderful thing for you. I can’t imagine how much pain you were in before, but I hope that things are better now and you continue to be on the mend.

On a side note, I’ve restarted Wolf’s Pride. I hit writers block and I had about a million ideas and I didn’t like where it was going... so now I’ve edited myself, picked one goal and started a rewrite. I’ve got three chapters up if you want to reread. I’ve changed a few things, slowed things down but I think it’s mostly the same. I was thinking about writing in the Titan DLC because everyone always does Trespasser, and though the Titan DLC doesn’t have anything to do with Solas, it totally opened up a new avenue of thought in regards to dwarves that I’d love to explore a bit. Hmmm...

Anyways, can’t wait for the next chapter! Keep them coming Shilyn!
Cookie chapter 45 . 4/1
Wow, that was intense. I adore how dedicated the siblings are to each other.
Rosa's new power might come in handy at so many points in the future. At the moment it is still hard to grasp what that will change. Well done!

Hopefully your test is negative this time. That condition is horrible and nothing anybody sould have to endure. Best wishes.
Frogbutton chapter 44 . 3/29
Ooh I am so glad to hear you are recovering well, but sad your sister isn't. At least she has you to support her. I'm sure that means a lot to her. 3 i hope it turns around for her and she recovers at lightning speed too, though! 3
Ah, I was so glad that Tal finally 'fessed up to Rosa :) Oo more powers? I am super curious, and excited, to read what that is! :D Solas slithering around in hidden eluvian networks? I am actually surprised we don't stumble across any in game, really. I mean... hidden is implied it's actually hidden... but.. like.. even a shattered one (or two. Or more) would probably not be a too far-fetched sight, honestly. But ah! That cliffhanger! I am eager find out how fucked Imshael is! ;P heheh.
KiraChan44 chapter 44 . 3/19
One cliff hanger resolved, and another in its place. You are evil.

Imshael was unexpected, but not completely out of left field. Definitely in the realm of possibilities since you run into him in Emprise. I’m eager to see what (if anything) Imshael reveals about Solas, or even the siblings themselves. I also can’t wait to see how Solas reacts to the whole thing. What I want is him coming in “guns blazing” as they say and just completely wipe the floor with Imshael. What I’m probably going to get is maybe a fight (on the small side) before Solas and Imshael banter back and forth until Imshael leaves to torture them another day. You like to do that to me. Also interested in how Solas is going to explain how he got there so fast... REVEAL EVERYTHING SOLAS, JUST DO IT!

I’m sorry you still find it difficult to sit properly. But I’m glad your doctor says you’re healing up nicely. I hope your recovery continues to stay on track.
Cookie chapter 44 . 3/18
Damn! Another cliffhanger :)
The chapter was definitly worth the wait. And I never expected Imshael at this point, that was a huge suprise. What does he want from them? What will he tell them?
Your recovery does sound tough, get well soon!
Random Rockets chapter 44 . 3/17
So Imshael is on the scene and Solas has an Eluvian in Skyhold's basement. Interesting development. Certainly the latter makes more sense than Morrigan dragging it from Maker Knows where all the way to Skyhold.

I always disliked how Imshael was portrayed in the game as opposed to his book incarnation. Becoming just a random boss with a few quirky lines? Disservice of the highest degree!
Frogbutton chapter 43 . 3/8
Ooooooo the plot thickens! The crown seems very OP! :D
Oh sweetie. I really hope you get some good news soon. Sounds like a lot is happening. 3 hugs! And take care!
Cookie chapter 43 . 3/7
Great chapter. I adore your action-chapters, they are always good to follow and gripping.
The cliffhanger is huge here, but I guess it will be worth the wait. Can't wait to read how much Tal will reveal.
KiraChan44 chapter 43 . 3/3
I’m glad that your surgery went well! I’m also sorry about your sister. I hope she gets better soon.

I LOVE action chapters! This was a bit out of left field, I kept thinking “Solas is going to show up at just the right time”. But nope! Tal swoops in to save the day! I’m glad he’s going to come clean, which is what I hoped for, but he was being pretty slippery and evasive in previous chapters, so I could totally picture him pulling a Solas (might not have gone over as well, but I could still picture him at least TRYING). So I’m glad that he’s still mostly that Tal I know and love. Also, Rosa better not go along with Tal trying to resurrect Felassan. I’ll be very disappointed in her!

On a side note, remember how I said my two year old broke the PS4, and it wouldn’t accept discs anymore? Well, I downloaded DA:I directly to the PlayStation and it came with like 14 DLCs, and it was $10. I was giddy over that steal! Like I’m over the moon about it. And I got like the Qunari armor DLC, and you should see Solas in it! He looks ridiculous, all exposed abs and hints of pecks! I couldn’t stop giggling, so of course I had to leave him in that armor just because. Hahahahaha
Random Rockets chapter 43 . 3/3
Oh crap baskets it sounds like they're going to try and summon Felassan's spirit, maybe they'll discover who killed him!?
Frogbutton chapter 42 . 3/2
Oh, I hope your surgery went well! Crossing my fingers for you! I really hope Tal and Rosa gets reconnected again. Stupid demon putting ideas in Tal's head. :( I am super curious about what'll happen when Tal pops the crown on! Can't wait to find out! :D
KiraChan44 chapter 42 . 2/22
And I’ve come to the end. Depressing. I’m kind of sad Solas isn’t going to the Dales, but I know it’s an opportunity for growth between Tal and Rosa. I hope Tal comes clean, but my bet is he won’t. He’ll pull a Solas.

Also, good luck with your surgery! I hope it turns out well.
KiraChan44 chapter 41 . 2/22
I kind of like hallucinating/drunken Solas. He lets more slip then, and it’s entertaining as fuck! insert cackling laugh here

Well, Ball preparations are finally under way! I really can’t wait to see how you handle that little nightmare. On my first play through I did so horribly (and I was such a sore loser about it too) that I looked up a walkthrough to get myself at 100 percent approval. Sorry, not sorry.

I’m eager to see about Tal and the crown/circlet. You’ve gotten me all worked up over it. My guess is it will actually look like the crown The Formless One described once Tal actually channels magic into it. As to what it does... I really haven’t got a clue. I don’t think you’ve dropped many hints in that regard.