Reviews for The Fall of Mercutio
Sakshi K chapter 5 . 7/18
I've just read the first five chapters but the story is absolutely amazing. It's just like watch a mystery TV series where each episode ends with a cliffhanger! Anyways, there's so much I can't wait to know. Keep up with the fantastic work :)
Wow! The 1996 release of Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite movies; but not only for it's artistic, theatrical and eccentric portrayal, but of course because of baby-faced and hunky Leo DiCaprio! X'D And you managed to incorporate its essence of humorous yet dark perfectly. But what stroke my interest and sparked my love was the gangster appeal to each character. The inner battle with one's-self and trying to keep one's-self on the surface from drowning in drug and alcohol addiction; yet finding it hard to cope with the loss of a placebo. I've always loved such genre's in movies and tv-shows. Gave off a total Pablo Escobar vibe in Narcos, when you see the power-hungry men such as Ivan and Acnologia ruining themselves whilst playing God. Human life cannot exceed mortality, and a grim reminder in store was unavoidable for both. I found it the two major highlights in this story when the two met their demise. The execution of both scenes was phenomenal! The emotions I felt, the vivid imagery described, and how we got to those points- all an intense climb up the crescendo, and a deep fall that followed.

It's been a while since I've touched up on fanfictions and left a review to one. Hope you've been doing well ) , you've certainly been writing just as well, and I certainly have binged my way through this story of yours and gone through an immense clusterfuck of feels ranging from, remorse, to happiness, to laughing and ending up content. I wish we got to see a bit more of Jellal and Erza's life beyond this standstill after the recent hell they went through. Perhaps gotten to see how the two would cope with one and other after Erza finds out about the burden Jellal is holding over himself regarding his father's murder (even though he claims not to care, it does affect him badly), and I guess I just wanted to see a clearer sign of saving grace for Jellal in particular. If he's not high on coke, then he's suffocating on cigarettes and fighting the urge to relapse. It felt as if he weren't entirely happy, but of course there was no indication towards it, it was my mere interpretation, so I would have liked to have read a chapter that was set further into the future when his demons were left far behind, and he had a confirmed future with Erza. I guess I just don't play well with angsty and too bitter-sweet endings...

Regardless of that, I enjoyed reading this very interesting piece. It's not everyday you come across such a genre, such a strong topic tackled when writing a plot for a FT fanfic. It was very unique and very much appreciated for being so unpredictable and for keeping me on the edge the whole time. So well done for doing such a splendid job!

Lastly, and as always, the interesting character choice and their portrayal made this story all the better! And to portray Eileen as the strong woman figure that she is, yet to make her a protective and loving mother to Erza was a breath of fresh air. People tend to write her off as cruel, and that's not how I always want to see her. In this plot she reminded me of Cersei from GoT, she was full of regal grace and cunning to the core, but she was also fiercely protective of her daughter, and empathetic towards those of good nature. It showed humanity in her otherwise vixen and dominatrix personality. Her caring attitude toward Laxus and Jellal, and her friendly approach to Anna for sure made her one of my favorites!

Well I will leave it at this. I guess my habit of not being able to stop expressing my opinion in reviews has yet to be broken!

-Amna.
KisaYunna chapter 14 . 5/30
Heelloo! I never got the chance to get past chapter 2 of the previous version but I really enjoyed reading this one. Your references to Mercutio and Shakespeare were the best! As well as Erza's and Jellal's moments (of course jeje) Actually, I thought all if was great. I was hooked on the story from the beginning, the characters were very well defined and rich. Jellal's penchant for danger and ruination is always something you get addicted to.
I loved how you portrayed Ellie (xD) and Igneel, it was brilliant!
Laxus and Jellal's love/hate relationship was amazing and real cute and touching, yet hilarious and strong... Don't know, it was awesome, love those two :3
Lucy caught in the middle of the night was so funny jeje
I love this mafia, underworld stories! Thanks a lot for writing it!
Jellalato chapter 14 . 5/28
Oh wow, this story is just absolutely amazing. Your characterization of basically everyone was fantastic, and the dynamics between Jellal and Laxus, as well as those of Jellal with the rest of Crime Sorciere, was very enjoyable to read. The world this takes place in, modern but filled with gangs and crime, has a very interesting feel and was an absolute pleasure to explore. The first version of this story was also good, but the way this version was more fleshed out and explanatory made it an even more enjoyable read. I must say, the added interactions between Jellal and Erza (as well as when he winked at her) made me swoon. Anyways, I loved this story so so much, and I can't wait to read whatever you write next!
Freyja chapter 14 . 5/28
Hello! I'm done!

This was great. I loved it. Laxus/Jellal hateful bromance is what my dreams are made of. You did such a lovely job with his addiction and Acnologia's, and Eileen and Igneel turned out amazingly. It is both a nail and a balm to know that Igneel and Anna are doing their thing-honestly, I'm such a sucker for poisoned romance that it hurt me when Acnologia went away. Then I thought, Igneel is still scandalous. I'm in.

Wonderful stuff. It would have been interesting to see your slash and burn ending but I don't know if my heart could have taken it. This one was perfect.
Freyja chapter 13 . 5/27
One more chapter. I'll save that one for tomorrow I think. I am incredibly sad that it's going to be done. I've enjoyed this tremendously. I'm still stupidly glad you were nice to my poor heart regarding Laxus. That might have been the end of me.
Freyja chapter 10 . 5/27
Well. That went down WAY different than I remember. Hm. The potential for angst is high with Acnologia's new death. I think I like it. I liked the old version, too, though. I'm torn.

Let's talk about that high and that comedown. I dunno why I'm so obsessed with ruiniation at one's own hands but it has a sick appeal and makes such great content. I enjoy it immensely, both reading it and writing about it. Excellent job. (I'm more stoked than ever for that prequel. You have no idea.)
Freyja chapter 9 . 5/27
This is still one of my favourite chapters.
It's the fight ring-I have a weakness for such places where the uncultured and hoity meet. It's Jellal getting smashed and then taken out. Ah. It is magnifique.
Freyja chapter 7 . 5/27
I'm still in love with Eileen/Igneel. And I'm still so curious as to who Natsu belongs to. I get some suspicions but then they fall flat and I fear I'll never know. I hope to see Zeref but I ALWAYS hope to see Zeref so... you know.

On to the next.
Freyja chapter 4 . 5/26
Thank you for the Mercutio reference. It actually made my day the greatest. Like, everything he says in that damn play is just... so... perfect.
Freyjabee chapter 3 . 5/26
I can't remember the last time I read something I've enjoyed so much. Like a selfish brat I skipped ahead and saw you posted the epilogue (though I haven't read it yet) and was both stupidly excited and terribly sad. But mostly excited.

Acnologia in this is perfection. And Eileen. I love the voice you've given them, and really enjoyed the added part with Makarov. Well done, my friend. I hope anyone else that hasn't read the improved chapters DOES because they're excellent.
Absolutely loved this fanfiction it became one of my favorite, thank you so much for sharing this!
Freyjabee chapter 2 . 5/26
I have returned. You added a lot to this one and I loved it. Sorano? She can just live with me forever how she is portrayed here and I'll be happy. Your first meeting with Erza went lovely. Again, my favourite part was Laxus but that's to be expected, I head the Fan Club.

Awesome stuff! (I was actually supposed to be working but decided to read instead...)
Freyjabee chapter 1 . 5/22
(It won't let me post two reviews to the same chapter, so here I am.) So, the original was good. This is way, way better. Much clearer. Hell, Anna's in love with Acnologia, so am I. Ivan's infatuated with Eileen, so am I. I look forward to reading the other chapters.
IDon'tShipThat chapter 17 . 5/10