Reviews for The Tinkerer
Just read this in a single 24 HR period. Love it, so unique, so funny. Very relatable musings at points from Harry, and the rest of what he gets up to would make anyone jealous. Love it
Kingdark chapter 16 . 8/25
Hi,
I just read your story (practically in one go too) and I was really impressed. Aside from some REALLY huge paragraphs that could've been (should've been?) cut into smaller pieces, I've got nothing to complain about.

Anyway, you last updated this story sometime in april 2017, so it's been over five years, since it got updated. I'm hoping that another review might get you interested in the story again, because I REALLY want to know where it is going with its plot. HP as a puff isn't all that popular. Actually, there are many things that are fairly unique plot devices.

I don't think it's very likely, but I am still looking forward for a potential update on this story.

Kingdark
RobertWilder chapter 16 . 8/23
I have really enjoyed your unusual version of Harry and I could hardly put it down. Unfortunately, I have reached the end and I'm sad to realize that since it has laid fallow for five years it will probably never be updated again. I so want to know where you planned to take the story. Alas, it appears it is not meant to be. I will follow you and the story on the faintess hope that you may return to finish it. Nevertheless, keep writing. You have a talent that should be shared and exercising it will only sharpen your quill.
motor1977 chapter 12 . 8/13
Okay so that was very annoying to read. I understand what you where going for with your language but it made me want to skip the chapter.
Slutmonkey Radishballs chapter 4 . 7/17
Well, in 2077 I’ll be 96 years old so now I know what I’ll be reading in the nursing home.
GamingFox666 chapter 1 . 7/1
Years later, still holds up. Delightful read.
gremlin914 chapter 16 . 6/9
A good story, shaping up to be great.
CM chapter 16 . 6/6
This has been a fantastic and quite humorous tale! thank you for sharing it. I hope we get to read more of it in time :)
vyoom chapter 6 . 6/8
This is way too much fun. I loved reading it so far.
At the same time I realise that this is gonna end soon, that makes me a bit sad. Thanks for sharing this brilliant story.
Child of Dreams chapter 9 . 6/6
So Blaise is homesick... I wonder if that's why he's been such a jerk so far...
Child of Dreams chapter 1 . 6/6
There is also the option of Harry going to Eton and getting a tutor for his magical education...
dragonslayer1524 chapter 4 . 4/19
Highschool football in Texas is just as mad as quidditch
StupidStipulation chapter 2 . 3/30
I read a lot of stories that make Harry smart, I read a lot of stories that have him changing a lot of things for the 'better' because he has been gifted with the insight granted by the authors foresight. It's annoying. This story doesn't feel like it's doing that and I am very grateful. Harry's choices and behavior feels consistent to his character and believable. Maybe it's a little leading at times, but it's never awkward trying to imagine why or how Harry came to his decisions. That's an achievement in my books.
Reading his house chat with Hermione and Nevile was delightful. The way he changed his mind on topics and listened to other peoples opinions is a nuance of character and conversation that is either ham-fisted or non-present in most of the fanfiction I read. Maybe ceding a point feels like a weakness to some authors? Certainly being right all of the time has an escapist appeal to it. I much prefer characters written like yours. Thank you for writing this! I'm looking forward to reading the rest.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 15 . 3/14
Some pretty great worldbuilding in this story, I gotta say. All around impressive stuff, if a bit too Modern.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 14 . 3/14
Rousseau? Really? At least on the nose names are rather canon compliant, I suppose.