Reviews for The Tinkerer
old-crow chapter 15 . 12/8
Hi,

For what it's worth, I've posted chapters that were 17K words and those that bare passed 3k. A chapter within a novel length tale should finish when you're finished describing a given action.

Relating to your Author Note stating that you had more to include in the chapter but left it out (either for length or to meet some self-imposed deadline) neither is a good reason and it's foolish to mention it.

old-crow chapter 12 . 12/6
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story. Between the time that your Harry got to Hogwarts and the time they started considering enchantments dragged a bit. That said, this chapter was first rate.

Well told,

TheGoldenSpeedster chapter 16 . 12/5
rip
old-crow chapter 9 . 12/4
Hi,

First, thanks for sharing your story. I've enjoyed it so far. Regarding your A/N about the (large number of) OCs, based on what I've read so far, there seem to be more than what would have minimally met the requirement for roommates. Also, Cedric seems to be missing. Perhaps you had a reason that isn't apparent yet,

jon reeve chapter 16 . 12/3
/I like this story for the worldbuilding, and also the expansion of concepts that are most probably present in canon as well.
old-crow chapter 3 . 12/3
Hi,

I love the story concept. You've taken the story ahead a few years in a very logical way to get your Harry into school. The Snape lesson seemed to fit with your Harry's character very well.

I sense that he'll never be fast friends with Ron; Hermione and Neville in the same house will fit well and having Harry in Hufflepuff seems to work well.

jon reeve chapter 11 . 12/1
/Y'know, Hufflepuff!Hermione is more of a character modification than a Hufflepuff!Draco woupd be. Just a thought I had during this chapter.
jon reeve chapter 10 . 12/1
/I was going to say someting pithy, perhaps humorous as well, about the Malfoy/Squirrel meet-up, but the quidditch thing threw me for a loop.

/I see some of the previous reviewer for this chapter have vented their spleen about it, but I can't say I disagree with the general consensus.

/A Harry that's bad at flying for no reason just seems wrong. You've given him this really cool algorythmic brain, but nixed his probably supernatural quidditch skills. It didn't mattter which broom he used, Harry was just a natural flyer, and that'a cannon.

/This interesting, because I don't give two knuts whether Harry plays quidditch, but the logic behind it just doesn't mesh canon, or the way you pressnted his skills prior to this chapter.

/I'm not going to stop reading at this point, but golly gosh gee whiz, it's the little things, innit?
jon reeve chapter 7 . 12/1
/Alot of culture sharing going around. I liked that Neville saw the issue of repressing accidental magic. I like this Neville. I really dislike it when they try to make Neville a shadow of Harry Potter. The wbwl stories started with Neville. Then, they cloned him, glamoured him, and named him Jim or Daniel, etc. He can be valuable as plain ole Neville, dammit!
jon reeve chapter 6 . 12/1
"Puff Puff Puff!"

/That's so cute XD

/Too bad that it's been over a couple of years since this fic updated. I'm really enjoying it, but it's bittersweet since it seems it is probably unfinished.

/I say "probably" only because sometimes writers don't mark their complete stories "complete." Of course, that rarely happens these days, but it's not impossible!

/This fics makes me want to write a "brew potion" program, just because. It's been years since I touched any code, though. I've been meaning to jump back in to it; maybe this is the impetus I needed.

Thanks for writing!
jon reeve chapter 4 . 12/1
/yes, there are some "cool" people that just have anxiety and a good poker face. If you only have the poker face, you might be seen as a weirdo. Just the anxiety and you might be seen as a spaz. Convenient misunderstandings for the win!
jon reeve chapter 2 . 11/30
/Anxiety? I though you were making him a seer. Hah, the weasely friendship spoiled by an anxiety attack!

/He makes such an adorable puff.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 11/30
/Great start with a very natural-acting Harry. He's not too perfect or too much of jerk. Funny to hear Dudders say "Don't lie." XD
SumNumb3rs chapter 16 . 11/3
Love this story as I do all unique HP stories. I hope after 2 1/2 yrs it will be continued? For as long as it is, it is just barely started.
wujuninja chapter 16 . 9/11
wow I want more fic like this please