Reviews for The Tinkerer
dragonslayer1524 chapter 4 . 4/19
Highschool football in Texas is just as mad as quidditch
StupidStipulation chapter 2 . 3/30
I read a lot of stories that make Harry smart, I read a lot of stories that have him changing a lot of things for the 'better' because he has been gifted with the insight granted by the authors foresight. It's annoying. This story doesn't feel like it's doing that and I am very grateful. Harry's choices and behavior feels consistent to his character and believable. Maybe it's a little leading at times, but it's never awkward trying to imagine why or how Harry came to his decisions. That's an achievement in my books.
Reading his house chat with Hermione and Nevile was delightful. The way he changed his mind on topics and listened to other peoples opinions is a nuance of character and conversation that is either ham-fisted or non-present in most of the fanfiction I read. Maybe ceding a point feels like a weakness to some authors? Certainly being right all of the time has an escapist appeal to it. I much prefer characters written like yours. Thank you for writing this! I'm looking forward to reading the rest.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 15 . 3/14
Some pretty great worldbuilding in this story, I gotta say. All around impressive stuff, if a bit too Modern.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 14 . 3/14
Rousseau? Really? At least on the nose names are rather canon compliant, I suppose.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 12 . 3/14
How come everybody calls each other by name all the time, Wickwynn? Wickwynn, if I may say so, I find it to be very unnatural, if you catch my drift, Wickwynn!
lil-Bear2020 chapter 16 . 3/14
wow i like this story and i was hoping that you were going to complete it
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 8 . 3/14
"Red and Black" teams, eh? You sure like your French 19th Century literature, what with the eleven year old boy and twelve year old girl inexplicably knowing about stuff from Proust. I doubt even Hermione would, and fun as it was, it sort of brought me out of things for a second.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 7 . 3/14
It must be really convenient being Goyle, because whenever you're sick, you can just take a Goyle Curing Potion! Nevermind Sir Dedrick. He's just being a silly goose.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 4 . 3/14
Oo la la! How farcical that Harry impresses all the boys and girls without meaning to!
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 2 . 3/14
What will The Malfoy do now that his new boy is a "duffer" and associates with "squibs" and "mudbloods?"
Kass01 chapter 3 . 1/12
It's kinda false advertising to say this story is about tinkering computers and imply it only to steer away from it. Though I'm glad your more supportive of con critc then authors over at AO2 are.
Kass01 chapter 1 . 1/11
I'm with Dudley on this one. Who would want a personal computer without anything on it to start out with? They say each step begins a small journey or something like that I always f'k up old sayings but this takes it to the biscuit or something like that.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/28/2021
Finally, an Amelia Bones that stepped out of square canon personality. I was eating lunch while reading this and I literally choked when I discovered the identity of Our Lady the Saint of Mischief
siobhan.22 chapter 16 . 12/16/2021
Great story so far, please continue.
csheila chapter 6 . 11/28/2021
Okay but Harry needs to remember some of these kids have had horrible childhoods