Reviews for Faded Blue
Bloodwolf432 chapter 49 . 4/3/2019
Is this story abandoned or is it just a temporary hiatus?
JustCalMeKiller chapter 7 . 3/8/2019
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT "Do you know anything about mechanics" "Nope"

Humor I love it
JustCallMeKIller chapter 2 . 3/8/2019
I am intrigued very intrigued not many do that anymore
coronadomontes chapter 49 . 2/12/2019
good
Maydae010401 chapter 48 . 1/2/2019
no one deserves unrequited love but if it was someting that was accepted ay everyone to whom it was given then it would hold no value I forgot where I heard that but meh
VoidGivenForm chapter 47 . 12/30/2018
Oof. Poor guy had no vac parents. I'm surprised he's lasted this long.
KingLuxion chapter 22 . 12/15/2018
I find it sad that a FanFiction writer can write Rose Quartz better than Rebeca Sugar can...
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 49 . 12/13/2018
So glad I caught up!
Were Family chapter 49 . 11/13/2018
Pink stared up into the stars with the guiltiest expression Steven had ever seen on her face. As either Pink Diamond, or Rose Quartz. Even Pearl seemed empathetic, her hands clenched and she stood by Steven’s side.

“For hundreds of years, I thought they didn’t care,” Pink said tearfully. “I always felt invisible to them. Not as important. I... I wanted them to feel guilty for how they made me feel. But I never wanted them gone. Blue... she...”

Steven had quickly come up to his aunt and wrapped his arms as tightly around her larger waist as possible. Pink flinched, but gradually relaxed.

“I know for a fact,” Pearl stated as she walked up closer to the two Diamonds, voice soft, “that you meant more to her than anyone else in the universe, my Diamond. Her memory of you was all she had left, all that kept her going. And I’m sure that if she were here now, she would be very proud of you. You did for Steven what she regretted she never did for you.”

Pink choked a sob, but still gave Pearl a grateful smile. Pearl smiled back, and Pink looked down at Steven and placed a hand on his head.

“Not just me, I’m sure,” she said. “She’d be proud of both of you as well. I know I am.”

(Music plays)

Pink Diamond: Take a little time, just look at where we are
We've come very, very far, together
And if I might say so
Blue Pearl: And if I might say so too
Both: We wouldn't have got anywhere
If it weren't for you, dear

Lapis Lazuli: Love is the sweetest thing
White Pearl: Love never comes just when you think it will
Garnet: Love is the way we feel for you
Blue Pearl: We're family
Amethyst, White Pearl, and Peridot: We're family
We're family
Lapis: All of us
Blue Pearl: And you!

Pink Diamond: Think of where we'd be if we were on our own

[Spoken]

Gems: We love you!

Blue Pearl and Lapis: Is the strangest thing
Garnet and Amethyst: Does exactly what it wants to do
Blue Pearl: My dear, you know it's true
Gems: We're family, we're family, we're family, me, me, me, me and you!

Garnet: Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
Gems: Without you there'd be no us

Love is the sweetest thing
Love does exactly what it wants to do
Love is the way we feel for you
We're family, we're family

Steven: We're family, me
All: And you!
Guest chapter 49 . 11/1/2018
just a quick warning, don't click on anything related to critics united. it's a hacker trap
Guest chapter 49 . 10/31/2018
Where’s steven
No Found Sound chapter 2 . 10/28/2018
All I can imagine for theses scenes are quiet loneliness and sadness. Some like The Last of Us.
No Found Sound chapter 1 . 10/28/2018
I wonder if Greg fell in love with blue diamond, or like rose, a transformation into a lapis lazuli or a holly blue. Hmm.
Shiny Guest Gem chapter 49 . 10/8/2018
Hmm... Interesting chapter with developments primarily centered on both Pearls (and Rose) with Amethyst, Garnet, Lapis, and Vidalia acting as intermediators. Of these, the Pearls' interactions went the most well while Rose at the very least is out of her room.

She still can't let go of the unknowingly ingrained caste relationships. Regarding her comments about fighting for freedom in the war, I imagine it akin to someone from the Union who grew up in a racist environment (and thus still has some viewpoints ingrained in them) but was still willing to fight the Confederacy to see the African Americans free (this isn't exactly true for most Union soldiers who fought for patriotism, the integrity of their country, their own livelihoods, or were drafted into fighting but it's tone of the best analogies I could think of).

Another thing with Rose and Garnet is the PAINFUL irony of Garnet talking about how difficult it was for them to become a "permanent fusion" largely due to Rose's words, and then in canon go through such a painful split once they learned of Rose deceiving them all about her true identity as Pink. Of course in canon Rose wasn't there to answer for herself or serve as a targeted focus of anger, so Garnet could only split and rage to herself. If/when the truth about Rose comes out here and Garnet is around, I easily foresee a fight breaking out like that between Amethyst and CG Pearl, only not ending so easily (even if a drill were to threaten Rose).

On the note of Amethyst and Pearl, it looks like we have a bit of "On the Run" leaking through, though at least here we see progress without Steven even needing to be present. And honestly, that right there is one detail that separates fanfics from the canon TV show, which explicitly states itself to be designed to ALWAYS be from Steven's point of view. Even flashbacks occur with Steven somehow observing them. The only real "exceptions" were the extended fight scene with Jasper aboard the hand ship, and that alien world episode where Steven and Connie spent the entire episode as Stevonnie (the only time Steven's voice actor has not been credited in an episode).

Although this makes fanfics "more like normal/regular shows", there's a reason why most "normal/regular shows" are from more than one point of view, since that's how real life works (in terms of "plot" events that don't entirely revolve around one person - we all live our own individual lives from our own points of view). Plus it, well, gives us other perspective, lets us see how other characters act when the "main" one isn't around (though canon does have some scenes with Steven overhearing others talk among themselves with no one else around), helps to give us a "break" from seeing the MC all the time, and allows for world building. Plus it's easier to write plots when you don't have to account for one character being there ALL the time. Heh, maybe that's why stories like this still end up updating faster than canon! XD

Ah well I think I should wrap this up. If I read things correctly, Blue Pearl and Lapis were the "two blue heads" that overheard CG Pearl talking to Amethyst about what the caste system feels like (and what an experience for all those listening - and one that would have been nice to hear but I can understand your desire to leave it to our imaginations and save yourself some time), and this may have prompted them to have the talk at Vidalia's. Still, if Lapis is now so close to Blue Pearl, I feel like Lapis and Steven will be due for more bonding time themselves. Unless I simply don't recall as much of this as I do him and Blue Pearl.

So then, it is a wonder whether we will see the drill next, more relationship reforming, or something else entirely. Rose/Pink could confess, Bismuth might pop up earlier than in canon, etc. Heck in the time since recent updates we've gotten to see Centipeetle/Nephrite in her fully uncorrupted (if only temporary) form, though sadly it was not to last and may be awhile before any return/development. Idk if you would do or would want to do anything more with her now considering everything else already on your plate and the risk of becoming outdated by canon. Well, this has been fun but I will go now and see you later! ;D
sonic chapter 49 . 10/8/2018