Reviews for Faded Blue

HComb B Abcdeak cba

B

‘Twas u
Guest chapter 48 . 10/6/2018
I just had a thought. With both Blue and Pink gone, Yellow is completely alone on Homeworld. No one to keep her company except her Pearl. She is essentially alone with White (which might be one of the worst things that could happen to her), and with Blue not around, her personality must be a lot more irate than in canon. The poor thing...
OdaOmega chapter 49 . 10/8/2018
Been waiting for this for a while now, this one was great!
ThePirateQueen367 chapter 49 . 10/8/2018
Pelapis or Lapear
Kraven the Hunter chapter 49 . 10/8/2018
This was a bit intimidating to read. Not because of length or tone, but because this series has been so emotionally loaded lately. Speaking of which...

Amethyst, if you’re so insistent on knowing why Pearl won’t talk to Rose, why don’t you ask Garnet what happened the last time she tried?

And speaking of THAT, that’s right, Rose: you’re a piece of Shito. I hope you enjoy an eternity alone with your two-dimensional replicas of the one person who stood by you through all of it, until the day she finally worked up the courage to dare to ask you to treat her feelings with some measure of consideration.

With all that out of the way, it took me a bit to realize that it was BLUE Pearl who was visiting Vidalia with Lapis Lazuli.
AnimeTrashPile chapter 49 . 10/8/2018
Ahhhh. The Bloop x Lapis is sooooo cuuutttteeee X3

I love this story btw. The characters are so well written and the conflict and development betweens and for the characters are done so well. I could go into a lot of detail, but I'd be here for hours.

This is one of the, if not THE best Steven Universe fanfictions I have ever read. Keep up the Extraordinary work!
Josh Spicer chapter 49 . 10/8/2018
Ixnay on the PearlRosay or whatever that being ixanyed would be.

Don't do it Pearl is my point.

Also I was confused which Pearl was at Vidalia's until you brought up Lapis. First time it's happened so I figured I'd bring it up.
SHDW chapter 3 . 10/4/2018
In war there are no winners.
Only the side that is left standing.
Guest chapter 48 . 9/29/2018
I miss this story
Guest chapter 48 . 9/22/2018
"How could you do this to us, Pink?" Yellow snapped irately at her young counterpart, who had the audacity to look up at her with that defiant expression. "Why did you let us think you were shattered? Do you have any idea what you put Blue through afterward?"

"Yes, a matter of fact I do," Pink snapped back.

Yellow narrowed her eyes. "Steven..."

"I know he isn't Blue," Pink sighed, running a hand over her face. "But I know enough. Blue's... no, Pearl told me everything. I'm sorry, Yellow. But I told you before. I don't regret a thing."

"Wonderful," Yellow said sarcastically. "You realize that none of that will mean a thing once White founds out-"

"She is NOT going to find out!" Pink hissed, and the utter ferocity in her expression and tone caused Yellow to rear her head back slightly in surprise.

"Pink..."

"If she finds out that I've been here all this time, or that Steven even exists, it would be disastrous for us both," Pink explained fiercely. "I'd be forced to spend the next several millennia stuck in a bubble, but Steven... Yellow, Steven is not Blue. He may have her powers, but he is partly organic, everything a supposedly 'perfect' Gem shouldn't be, much less a diamond. You know what White does to things she deems imperfect to the empire. She'll destroy him."
coronadomontes chapter 48 . 9/18/2018
buen capitulo-good chapter
Shiny Guest Gem chapter 48 . 9/15/2018
Man, all I want to say about this chapter is a combination of what others have said along with a little character analysis with Rose/Pink. Essentially, there are different "kinds" of love. Romantic love, family love, love for food and past times, love for the world, etc. And some people express love in different ways, namely how much they are willing to "share".

Rose/Pink (Ima use Rose for simplicity) is a rather complex character. There has always (ever since the past year's reveals) been an air of "childishness" about the youngest Diamond. She was treated as a child by the Diamonds, viewed her duties as a sort of game with naivety towards what the Gems did to organics and each other, "role played" as a heroic rebellion leader, and still views organics more as play things to love alongside Pearl and everything else.

But she has also changed since the naive days of her being the "diamond brat". The show has skipped over a lot of things so we can only speculate, but it seems she finally started taking things seriously upon realizing that the gems were destroying organic worlds (as seen by her speeches with a serious and not just "whining" look on her face). Her refusal to settle for moving the organics off-world to the Zoo shows both her stubborness and her vows to the Earth. She later started to see some of the negative effects on the Gems' caste system towards other gems, but still has its aspects ingrained in her with regards towards her treatment of Pearl.

Rose's motivations only get tricker with regard to the war and keeping secrets from the Crystal Gems (outside her true identity of course). How much of Rose "loving the world" and "flirting with everyone" is her honestly trying to forget the guilt about her past failures? Equivalent to a hedonistic alcoholic "drinking away their sorrows"? Did she bubble Bismuth not only to save her own skin, but to protect her friends from pain, viewing them not just as childish subjects incapable of doing so but rather genuinely wanting to spare them pain as she would want to be spared herself by placing herself on their level?

And we all have to keep in mind that A.) Rose did not marry Greg and conceive Steven, and B.) whatever world views Rose might have about not taking things seriously, White Diamond can somehow both not take the events of the entire 5000 years seriously while casting a VERY serious and intimidating atmospheric threat just with her size, presence, and speaking alone.

What does all this mean with regards to Rose and Pearl getting back together? Well I don't think it's healthy for Pearl to keep being marginalized without communication. On the other hand, simply leaving Rose to go back to effectively ignoring and running away from her problems is NOT the right course of action either. Rose needs to be honest and come out clean with her teammates and allies. About her identity, about Lion and Bismuth, etc. Oh there would be anger, and rightfully deserved anger at that, but only by getting that out of everyone's systems can attempts at forgiveness, reconciliation, and honest character growth/development truly begin.

But this is not my story to write but yours, and we can only hope that Amethyst's efforts lead to more improvements than worsenings of the situation.
trickster3696 chapter 48 . 9/14/2018
great chapter man. Pearl don't apologize you'll just encourage her. also Rose really should pay attention to human social norms, for example it's considered pretty rude(to say the least) to flirt with someone that's married
sonic chapter 48 . 9/10/2018
I liked the chapter!
Pimono chapter 48 . 9/10/2018
i rarely ever review so the fact that i'm doing this says a lot.
let me just say this, despite never being in a relationship, i have read enough fanfics and watched the occasional shoujo animenot to mention the multiple novellas that my mother obsesses overto know that a functional healthy romantic relationship requires communication. communication which rose denies. no, not denies, she flat out ignores an attempts and shoves aside pearl's concerns. and its a terrible thing to feel, to voice your thoughts, your feelings, your emotions and express yourself only to be shut down on the spot, brushed aside like you mean nothing.
not that rose feels that way about pearlrose certainly loves pearl, cherishes her deeply without a doubt. what irks me is how blind she is to pearl's fears, dismissing them as nothing.
i won't lie, it took me a while in the show to see how pearl's devotion towards rose was unhealthy. i merely assumed that it had something to do with cultural difference. cut to blue and yellow pearl.
we see how blue and yellow, while loyal to their respective diamonds, they are subservient dolls who we know little to nothing about. our pearl obsessed over rose with quite a religious zeal but did rose every show an ounce, nay, a speck of the emotion towards pearl? pearl went beyond that, refusing to belong to anyone because deep in her heart, she still feels like she belongs to rose. and that's wrong because a relationship shouldn't be about belonging to each other or even owning. you are both equals.
what really showed how rose didn't return pearl's affections was when rose, who was pink at the time, ordered pearl to never speak of their past ever again. she didn't ask. she ORDERED her to never do so. if pink had known, had truly understood how deeply pearl feel for her, she wouldn't have done so. had she merely asked there would be no doubt that pearl would fulfill her request without question. but no. pink had stolen that choice from her FOREVER.
so when pearl stood up for herself, put her foot down and said "i had enough", rose tells her that her concerns are being selfish and ridiculous when no, that's not how it works those are legitimate concerns. she has the gall to call her selfish when rose is the one doing so. and pearl breaking it off was just beautifully executed, let me tell you. pearl had to be the one to finish it off; she expressed her concerns, had them brushed aside, acknowledged that rose wouldn't see her way, wouldn't understand, and decided that she had enough.
and yes, it hurts. it will hurt so much because pearl believed in every kiss, every touch, and every word of love because she didn't know what a healthy relationship was, and even then, she only had garnet as reference. she was content with the little things but the moment she shows a desire for more(respect for example), rose shuts her down.
so i leave with these finaly parting words:
IT WAS ABOUT DAMN TIME!