Reviews for The Ninth Pain
Caligo Origuu chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
There aren't enough fics I think that look into the deeper side that Miroku hides so well. I really like this oneshot; it's well written and well thought out. Sweet
YoukaiTajiyaSango chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Aww so cute! That was so very very sweet. And fluffy. SUGOI! You did great.
Lily Thorne chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
This is probably the third or fourth of your works that I've read. Aamalie inadvertantly reccomended you, and so I decided to se who, and I quote:

Anyway, this was well done, and I like the fact that they're reasonably in character. It might be cool if you continued this one...
Tsuki no mizu chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
I love the way you write and how you can describe Miroku so well is amazing is like youre really inside the characters mind! ITS GREAT
Spectrum chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
This is a great little fic. Sango and Miroku are a tricky pair to figure out, and even more difficult to write well, but you've done an excellent job here. (And you captured their speaking styles just fine, as other reviewers have already attested.) I love the paragraph where Sango thinks that she's thankful for Miroku's wandering hands because she's afraid of falling in love and getting her heart broken otherwise. I don't know why, but that part in particular, as well as her later musings on why he behaved that way at all, really stuck with me. It fits her perfectly during the time in the series when this takes place.

You've got some great insights into the characters; keep it up! _
mnk chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
hey, scribe! just wanted to drop a note and tell you how awesome your story is. you've got a much better writing style than most other authors at , so keep writing!

and about the speaking styles that miroku and sango use: i'm not sure if they speak differently in the anime, but in the manga, miroku speaks very politely with anyone outside the group (especially girls when he's playing up his "chaste man of the cloth" schtick), while sango speaks more roughly. after all, she did grow up with a bunch of hardass mercenary types. both of them refer to one another using honorific -san and -sama, but speak in plain form with one another, which kind of implies that they are close to one another. miroku even uses a familiar pronoun when talking to sango.

not sure if that helps; my japanese isn't too great.
anon a. mus chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
good, but short. I have also found myself trying to pinpoint where in the series Sango and Miroku started to have feelings for one another. I like to think Sango has had a thing for Miroku since the whole CPR incident.
f U n N i E b O n E s 2K chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
I love this! It's not overly sappy, it's just right.
Ellen chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
Thay was great!
dEeYaN chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
*sigh* that was a nice one-shot! Yeah... i guess Sango already did have feelings for Miroku from the beginning... dunno... anyways go Sango-Miroku!
Neko-chan4 chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
What a sweet fic, and how ironic that I should come upon this now. I just began a similar fic addressing the same sort of issues between the two. It will be a longer, more angsty fic, and it takes place MUCH later in the series, but it basically addresses the same topics. Isn't it ironic, don't'cha think? _

Anyway, that's besides the point. What I'm really here to say is that I loved it and you should do more Mirsan's in the future (on top of "If You Need Her", which I also just read). And it's true; you can tell Miroku & Sango speak quite eloquently (which is one of the reasons I love their characters so much).
lostchild chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
That was lovely. You truely understand and are able to portray the essence of the characters. Very original and in place. I hope you never cease to write M/S.
DC chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
You captured both characters so well, even your brief mentionings of Inuyasha you had him so in character that it seemed like a real episode. It was truly amazing, you write the best Sango/Miroku fics of any authors I've read. No one captures them so perfectly only one author rivals you in S/M pairings. Great job and I'll end this with a .
sunling chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Very refreshing. One sees plenty of fic written about the consequences of the tearing of Miroku's air rip, but I've rarely seen the matter addressed this eloquently. _ You take into account that their relationship has not really bloomed yet, and yet this story is a wonderful play on hidden meanings and subtle nuances. Lovely. Also, you seem to have a firm grasp of the cultural/mythological background, which is always a pleasure to notice in a writer. _

About their styles of speech: Miroku generally speaks very politely, using "watashi" (formal, courteous word for "I") and the polite "masu" forms of verbs. I am no expert at Japanese, but from what I can tell this is the case. However, he can be very coarse in his thoughts, so that polite style of speech comes at least partially from his office/status. Sango talks fairly politely for most of the time, since women are expected to speak in a soft, considerate manner. However, she also sometimes uses very masculine language and can be quite coarse when she is irate- probably comes from being trained as a warrior. So it is quite much dependent on situation. And finally, thank you for this fresh and moving story.
absent one chapter 1 . 2/26/2003
You hit all the points in this relationship that I notice most people only find a few of, and this seems more likely than a lot of the fluff fics I've read. And considering what an obsessive M/S otaku I am, that' , if not all, of them. If I have enough room, you're going on my favorite's list. If not, then I'm /making/ room. You're a wonderful writer, Scribe, and I'm curious to see what your fics from other fandoms will be like. I hope to see more M/S from you in the future.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »