Reviews for Of Father and Son
Duilin chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Magnificent from the start! Your writing is wonderful.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
Ah, I'm sorry it took me so long to read this, but it was a great read. I'm always fond of your Feanor, whether he be insane or all too bright. He resembled Curufin strongly in this story (or rather, Curufin will later resemble him). I really liked his smoothness and charm. I'm quite amused by the idea that he refused to even see his brothers for years, but when he finally caves in to his father's will, Finarfin kindly demonstrates his point. And poor Fingolfin. really, he can't win, can he?
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
This birthday present was worth waiting for! I like the way you introduce the subtle tension between the members of Finwe's family during the course of what on the surface appears to be a "happy" picnic, forshadowing the conflict between Fingolfin and Feanor at the end of the story. And even as a child, you show Feanor as equally strong-willed as his father; no wonder he and his half-brothers clash so violently later. Stubborness seems to be the one trait that all of Finwe's children inherit. A very nice story!
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
What? No personality?

Ok,wont discuss after reading such an outstanding story. What a damn good FĂ«anor you pictured here! The ambiguous relationship with his half-brothers nearly hurts in the reading, so well pictured it is. But that of "We are wise. Its the world who is so absurd" has the prize. How many times we all must have thought that when reading the Silmarillion, say?