Reviews for Spire
urbvnty chapter 20 . 12h
Yea...your story was great until the chunin exams came around and you started focusing less on Naruto. He’s clearly a bit smarter than the canon version and even got the tree walking exercise down quicker than Sasuke, but somehow doesn’t know a single technique outside the basic 3 and shadow clones?

In my personal opinion your power distribution could use some work here, and the sudden trip with Jiraiya was instantly squashed by the Hokage taking Sasuke as an apprentice. Ino having random future memories is also random as heck but I guess given the intro I kinda get it.

Naruto having less chakra than the Hokage was also an interesting choice, as well as not having him utilize any sort of Nine tailed fox chakra yet. Going back to the Hokage...it’s interesting how he has not helped Naruto at all during his ninja career after passing him. Will Naruto not have a wind chakra affinity?

I don’t wanna keep going because I don’t wanna continue nitpicking, but even with this being a fictional series, I don’t see a way for you to bring Naruto up to speed with Sasuke without being corny. That’s also taking the activities Ino performed in the intro into consideration.

I’ll continue reading to see where this goes.
Schermionie chapter 20 . 10/28
Excellent! I've never read a better portrayed doesn't-give-a-damn Kakashi, which is why it's all the more heartwarming to see his care for Team 7 and the way he trains them. I enjoy the idea of Jounin tending to get into quick spars to let off steam or work on their relationships as well. Hiruzen training Sasuke is fantastic, because he's a powerful character really well set-up to teach an Uchiha, but I don't ever see that. Sakura's sneaky and subtle fighting style is a delight that plays off the strengths she's had all along. Very fresh-feeling story, with the world-breaking elements kept underwraps partially even as they drive the story. The characterisation took me a while to adjust to, but I like it after that. I feel like Sasuke's subtle manga portrayal as someone who leads his team and notices their growth comes through very well here and that shunting Orochimaru to the side has given you more time to develop that side of him. Which helps Team 7's portrayal overall, their cohesion etc. I'm interested to see where you take this. :)
SmilingToTheAbyss chapter 1 . 10/27
It took me a while to gather the courage and start the binge for Spire. So far I'm not disappointed. This chapter is well executed, really well executed.

A few things of note:

That first part was mysterious. Besides giving me a glimpse of the great prose, it accomplishes its mission, which I assume was to make me curious. I'm speculating on who that woman might be. Great job!

Also, 'Kakashi could count the living on one hand, and the dead on the other.'

Damn, if there's something that impresses me more than great grammar, it's impactful writing. Did I say the prose is great already?

Okay. I like the conclusion of the scroll scene. The Hokage stepping in was cool. The way Hiruzen talks to Naruto after sending someone for torture speaks of nuance. Great portrayal.

Now, while I also loved Kakashi in this chapter (Honestly, I've never seen him depicted in this way before) something confused me.

He doesn't appear to know Naruto personally. At least, in my interpretation, nothing seemed to indicate that he knew, like, really knew Naruto. I wonder if this is just me being stupid, or if there's something more, or if he just doesn't care.

To end it, this was a bundle of intriguing themes, mystery, interesting characterizations, wrapped up by a concise, nuanced, grammatically excellent prose. I'm anxious for what comes next.
Reveri chapter 1 . 10/18
Sounds promising!
really enjoying the way you portray the fights.
Krabby chapter 1 . 10/13
Just came back to say I like the story, and reviews help or whatever.
Juliya Pochepnya chapter 18 . 10/3
Oh, I can see Temari and Shikamaru in Sakura and Gaara. It would be interesting to see there development.
I cannot lie. I almost bitch slapped you for having naruto lose. He got cheated enough in actual as it is smh.
runningthroughop chapter 16 . 9/7
You definitely deserve some more reviews.
coffee-mugger chapter 16 . 9/3
Whoo, first fight of the tournament is over! Nice new chapter as always. Interesting choice to go through an entire major fight from the POV of the spectators only. I like it - anything to change up the Exams a little is a good thing in my book, haha. Still not 100% sure how I feel about the Ino time travel shenanigans, but hey, your fic. If you wanted to write a stock-standard Team 7 AU then you'd do that.
inayeth chapter 15 . 8/19
How does this story not have more reviews? How is it not popular?

This is the best damn piece of Team Seven fiction I've read in years and the way you've developed your character's is simply incredible.

Naruto and Kakashi's interaction after the prelim fight had so many feels even if it was barely two sentences.

And the fight scenes are really good too. It's rare that an author can both write both characters and fight scenes competently.

Anyone reading my review while deciding whether to read this story please do yourself a favor and read it.

You sir, have shit loads of talent. I hope you don't ever decide to drop it. I'm gonna be recommending this fic all over reddit now.
StandUpKeepMovingForward chapter 15 . 8/18
:D
StandUpKeepMovingForward chapter 12 . 8/4
Interesting fact - torture doesn't actualiy work. It just increases the chance of the recipient lying to the torturer so they can get out of the torture.
It's psychologically more effective to build rapport or bargain for information. Torture's such an overused thing.

Other than that, good job.
StandUpKeepMovingForward chapter 8 . 8/4
:D
graveMonera chapter 3 . 7/21
See, I know I should care more about the trauma of team 7’s first mission and it’s potential fallout. But quite frankly, I’m more worried about potential repercussions and bad blood between Shino and Naruto. Looking forward to catching up to present!