Reviews for The Governess
She-DevilJones chapter 6 . 6/7
Very much enjoying this. I hope there will be an update soon!
Catulla chapter 6 . 5/18
Ooooh loving this Jane Eyre business! Can’t wait for the next installment 3
pugforrest chapter 1 . 5/14
Great atmosphere you just built! Kind of make me think of the Jamaica inn! Looking forward to your update
Jen103 chapter 6 . 5/13
Hey, found your fic earlier. I really like it :-) looking forward to more.
CourtBastard chapter 3 . 5/8
I NEED TO SLEEP BUT I NEED TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER EVEN MORE. Oh my GOODNESS. I'm shooketh. I loved the little glance meeting between them. it reminds me of PridePrejudice (2005 movie) when Lizzy and Mr. Darcy locked eyes for the first time. *sah-woon*
CourtBastard chapter 2 . 5/8
Oh man. This was exciting and I loved reading about familiar names but in such different characters! I should be going to bed because I have work here in a few hours, but one more chapter won't hurt!
CourtBastard chapter 1 . 5/8
I promised a review for each chapter, so I will curb my enthusiasm to flip to the next chapter without reviewing!

This first chapter... Wow. Your voice is so amazing. Like. your writing voice is just so powerful. I felt as if I were watching a movie as I was reading this. Your talent is... it knocks me off my feet.

I'm already head over heels in love with this story and I can't wait to continue forward. I love it so much and I've barely made dent in it.
NoFootprintsInSand chapter 6 . 4/13
Ooooooh, you know I love this. I love your descriptions, how they remove me to your Manderlay, I love the undercurrents you place in the plot, I love how you write your characters, I love the care you take with your language. It is dark and gothic and wonderful and YOU.

Lastly, glad that you gave Hermione some spunk. I am looking forward to clever, verbal duels with Malfoy and *checks rating again* AH! Oh and sexy times. I demand that at least one bodice be ripped!
zazanga chapter 6 . 4/9
WOW this is an amazing "cross-over" between those historical books and Harry Potter, it feels like you've worked everything in wonderfully. Poor Hermione has been so uncertain about everything until this chap though, so I'm very glad to see her standing up for herself so powerfully against Mr. Malfoy. Also, if she is so good at spellwork with only a hand me down wand I think it would be very interesting to see how she does with a real one. Thank-you for writing this, I'm looking forward to reading more!
Jeraly chapter 6 . 4/7
He better try not to make an enemy of her...powerful magic in her
Jeraly chapter 5 . 4/7
I like how she views her new world!
Jeraly chapter 4 . 4/7
Loved how much information we get and Hermione gets...I hope you continue to write about this house and it’s people
Jeraly chapter 3 . 4/7
I like how you give us small pieces and then twist them so subtly that they become more mysterious.
Jeraly chapter 2 . 4/7
Period piece.
Jeraly chapter 1 . 4/7
Excellent first chapter! I am interested to see how she gets along in the next one.