Reviews for The Governess
NoFootprintsInSand chapter 4 . 2/17
Oh you’ve updated! I am particularly fond of this fic. I’m getting Daphne du Maurer vibes, I’m getting Brontë vibes and, most importantly, I’m getting YOU vibes, which all adds up to a delicious potpourri of a story. The prose is particularly beautiful. I can’t wait to read the rest.
Silver Orbed Lioness chapter 4 . 2/12
Ha ha, Lucius may like her because she is different... she will be in so much shock when he meets her though, I have a feeling her quiet intelligence is exactly what will attract Lucius to her.

As for Draco...let me guess, he forced himself on Ginny (I am guessing she was the previous Governess?)

Jane Eyre move over

Hermione Granger's in town...

...Now all we need is Bellatrix cast as the incendiary happy arsonist first wife!
mangoandpassionfruit chapter 4 . 2/10
I love your writing style it's so authentic, can't wait to see her meeting with Draco and Lucius
Sarah chapter 4 . 2/8
I love your prose style; it's just like them old classic Jane Eyre like books :') beautifully written and can't wait to see the plot develop further! And Lucius!
roon0 chapter 4 . 2/7
It seems to me that Hermione is already given to flights of fancy. I look forward to more greatly.
VelvetGoldie chapter 4 . 2/5
I am so glad you updated this story! It is rapidly, as you know, becoming one of my favourite Lumione stories of all time. As always, the 19th century writing style is top-notch! But most of all, I loved Ron's relationship with Hermione, and how well it's being developped. (By the way, if Ron is a servant, shouldn't he referred to as "Ronald" rather than "Mr. Weasley"? Or maybe he's more than just a servant? I sould read the first chapters again!)

I was surprised by the inclusion of a human staff rather than an exclusive House Elves-staff. It is understandable, obviously (we need some people to sneak some plot informations here and there!), but I do hope we'll see a bit of Hermione's compassion for House Elves in the future.

And, talking about Hermione's development! The very last sentence truly struck a chord. Unlike Jane Eyre, who has a very strong sense of self-definition from the beginning of the novel, it's nice to see a protagonist who's yet to define herself.

Finally, I couldn't help but wonder: why haven't Lucius or Draco tried to marry Luna, or "Miss Lovegood", in order to seize the Lovegood's tower? I mean, I can think of some obvious reasons, but will it be explicited later on?
But I don't want to try and predict too much of the rest of the story, because I know you'll pull up something original and unpredicted - like you've done so far - instead...

As always, take care, and thank you again for this chapter!
QueenCeleste 349 chapter 4 . 2/4
I simply cannot wait for the next chapter! I love that you took inspiration from Jane Eyre. I hope for some more sassy Hermione! -Love Queen Celeste
Sleepyhallow01 chapter 4 . 2/4
thank you for updating I have been looking forward to it.
The Dark Waltz chapter 4 . 2/4
Thank you so much for updating! Can't wait for more!
The Dark Waltz chapter 4 . 2/4
Thank you so much for updating! Can't wait for more!
Little Voldy chapter 4 . 2/4
Great chapter!
Remarkable1 chapter 4 . 2/4
I'm so happy you updated! This is such a well-written, intriguing, tantalizing story with so much of promise to come, and one can only handle so much set-up and intrigue. Poor Miss Granger! How will she ever survive? (tee hee hee!)
rumbeller25 chapter 4 . 2/4
this was great
notusingthisagain chapter 4 . 2/4
I have to admit I was a bit worried that this fic was abandoned, and I’m so glad to find that it’s noti love the way you bring your characters to life, it makes for such an enjoyable read
meldz chapter 4 . 2/4
This fic belongs to the group of fics that is best to read while sipping coffee and just enjoying the calmness of your surroundings or in my case, settling down to bed to be ready for a 1am shift tomorrow and just enjoying the peace before sleeping.
So much mystery in this Manor! Can't wait to meet Clarastella, where did you get the name?
Should I picture Hermione in a bun or with braided hair?

Thanks for updating.