Reviews for The Substitute
Perilous chapter 2 . 9/20/2005
Absolutely love the idea of this, but haven't read enough yet. Will be back.
Dicere chapter 7 . 5/28/2004
"Merlin in a girdle" - hee! Can I pinch that line?

This is fab. I'm Australian, and have a certain weak spot for Steve Irwin. We Aussies think so little of ourselves that when one of us goes out and completely embarrasses us by proving us a nation of maniacs, we feel we should support him all the way. Sort of the reverse of the "Tall Poppy Syndrome."

I'd seriously love an update :)
Mochi chapter 7 . 5/25/2004
I love this story and I hope you continue it. One thing that I would love to see is what Steve would do if he descovers that Harry can talk to snakes.
Vee017 chapter 3 . 4/12/2004
*cackles gleefully* this is so great! Steve-o at Hogwarts. Oh my...:) looking forward to reading more!
lady sakura chapter 7 . 3/18/2004
Great story. Please write more.
Jan-AQ chapter 7 . 3/10/2004
haha.. funny story so far, but what about Irwan?
Wynjara chapter 7 . 2/10/2004
Bwahahahahaha *gasps for breath* bwahahahahah!
Ok, in case that didn't make it obvious enough, I'm highly entertained. This is one of the funniest things I've ever read! And the best part is, I can *so* see Steve doing everything you just described. He really would be a more hazardous CoMC instructor than Hagrid.
Penguincita chapter 7 . 1/20/2004
Oh, man... that has got to be one of the funniest stories I have ever read. So many priceless moments... anyhow, keep it up, remember to incorporate actual stuff written by JKR, and keep writing, this is one of the most random cross-overs I've ever seen, but it works! Which is frightening to no end.
-Kel
Jane Fairfax chapter 7 . 12/22/2003
More more MORE! This is hilarious! Great stuff. Presumably you began it before OOtP? Steve Irwin becoming CoMC professor is a terrific premise. Not to mention entertainingly random as the basis for a Severus/Minerva fic. I hope you don't lose sight of the Croc Hunter elements in favour of the romance, since those are some of the funniest parts. For the most part, everyone is very in character. The only exceptions being that Snape (and, to a lesser degree, Minerva) was far less respectful of DDore at the beginning than he's ever been in the books. Also, the real Steve Irwin would insist on going back to rescue the skrewt, instead of leaving it tied up in the woods forever.
Please write more! I'm eager to see what happens. This fic has me in stitches.
~Jane
Sweet A.K chapter 7 . 11/20/2003
LOL. This is good. Steve comes and all Hell breaks lose! lol. Please post the next chapter soon!
callas-and-ivy chapter 7 . 11/19/2003
Oh, my goodness. I haven't laughed this hard at a fic in quite some time. This was just bloody brilliant! And the songs...you've seen the Wiggles Safari haven't you. *grins* My son's favorite.

It's just so...perfect and ludicrus at the same time, I've been bowled over laughing to tears. You've managed to do the impossible...capture Steve Erwin better than he catches crocs. Oh, it's just beautiful. *wipes another tear*

Please say this isn't where you're leaving off, cause I've just got to know more. And laugh more, because 'crikey' I haven't read something this funny in ages.

JR
Elsa2 chapter 7 . 11/8/2003
Yay! You're still writing! I was worried you'd lost interest in this fantastic story. Please keep going...
Aille chapter 7 . 11/6/2003
[ROTFLMAO] OMG... they were SO had! Love it!

LOL
Kateri1 chapter 7 . 11/1/2003
LOL, oh that was great.
Ozma chapter 7 . 10/26/2003
How wonderful to see a new chapter! Your depiction of the relationship between Minerva and Severus continues to delight me. I love their bickering, their moments of complete understanding as well as the moments where they cut each other to the quick. And Irwin is also a delight, completely believable and wonderfully handled. His apology to Minerva and his confession that he couldn't remember what had happened with the Centaurs was perfect. "There's a whole chunk of yesterday I can't remember." Lovely phrase.
139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »