Reviews for First Light of Evenstar
Guest chapter 7 . 7/7/2013
This is so wonderfully written, but it's been dreadfully long since an update. Have you abandoned this story?
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 7 . 1/19/2013
hmmmm...
Reminder chapter 7 . 6/12/2009
Please, please update.

This is one of the best stories I have encountered.

Please consider it.

Thank you!
StarLight9 chapter 7 . 2/10/2009
Great story! I hope you are going to update.
monitorscreen chapter 7 . 12/3/2007
I enjoyed this. The chase and the escape are enthralling, and the moments you planted along the way gentle and insightful. It is a good version of how things might have happened :-)
x-Rose-Tyler-x chapter 7 . 11/28/2006
WHY HAVE YOU NOT UPDATED? I love this story!
Mandy chapter 7 . 3/24/2006
This is a great story! How come it was never finished?
Nell-Marie chapter 7 . 7/7/2005
This is a beautifully written story, and your characterisations and interpretations are so perceptive. I especially loved the first meeting of Aragorn and Arwen. Despite the change in setting and circumstance it still managed to capture Tolkien's vision of their love. Excellent story. NM
rs chapter 7 . 6/10/2005
THIS IF BY FAR THE BEST ALTERNATE FIRST MEETING OF ARAGORN AND ARWEN I HAVE READ. THE DIALOGUE BETWEEN THEM IS WHAT I IMAGINED THEY WOULD BE SAYING TO EACH OTHER. AND OF COURSE LEGOLAS' CHARACTER IS HAUGHTY BUT HIS DEVOTION TO THE EVENSTAR IS GREAT. I LOVE THE FIGHT SCENE BETWEEN ARAGORN AND LEGOLAS. IT MADE ME LAUGH AS IT REMINDED ME OF 2 ADOLESCENT BOYS FIGHTING! VERY WELL WRITEN. AND THE RELATIONSHIP W/ARWEN AND LEGOLAS IS VERY REALISTIC AND AGAIN I JUST SNICKERED WHEN ARWEN THREW THE ROCK AT LEGOLAS.. PLEASE UPDATE SOON. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW EXHILERATED I WAS TO FIND THIS STORY... AND A LET DOWN ONLY TO FIND THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR A WHILE.. I WOULD LIKE A CONCLUSION PLEASE..PRETTY PLEASE! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL WRITER AS I JUST READ YOUR OTHER STORIES.. KEEP IT UP.. I WILL BE CHECKING FREQUENTLY. THANKS RS
Megaroo chapter 7 . 11/8/2004
Simply beautiful.
sielge chapter 7 . 8/1/2004
Here it will be a new chapter? I hope so!
Cheryl Ann Alexis chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Ai Elbereth... I usually don't go for slash, but the angst here is heartwrenchingly incredible! The way Aragorn feverishly veers from desperation to guilt to lust then concern... aye... 'tis Oscar-worthy indeed. By the way, when is the next chappie coming out?

Kisses,

Cheryl aka Mîrwen Amrúniel

(A fan of thy previous tale 'Sneezes and Sword Fights)
Rose Sared chapter 7 . 1/12/2004
Well i knew I enjoyed your shorter stories, what a joy to read this. you write as I wish I could, thank you for your wonderful portrayal of Arwen, please update.
Rose
Tathariel chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
To my dearest Joanna,
Okay, I’m well aware that my record for reviewing has just gone down the drain, but where have you gone? *Sigh* I don’t know if I’ve reviewed yet, but I’ve been reading ‘First Light of the Evenstar’ and ‘Broken Sky’, and I have been waiting for absolute months and months for the sequel to “Sneezes and Swordfights”, “Slings and Arrows”, but do I see it anywhere? No . . aw, Joanna, where have you gone? You need to start writing again, I miss your stories. So, have you seen “Return of the King” yet? I cannot wait to see it, I’m so excited. Unfortunately us Aussies have to wait until Boxing Day (December 26). I cannot wait that long, it’s days away! An entire week! LOL, I’m on summer holidays at the moment, and while I endeavoured to start writing again, I’m afraid I haven’t gotten far. I just don’t seem to have the time at the moment. But, I am redecorating my room, LOL, “Elvish” style . . mum thinks I’m crazy, but hey, I’ll probably only be living here for another year, may as well have some fun. Blah, I know this sounds really awful, but I’m really not sure what to talk about. LOL, I’m sorry I haven’t been reviewing. The end of grade 11 just got chaotic . . I was barely eating, barely sleeping, just constantly studying and completing assignments . . it was torturous. But, I have decided that I am going to be much more organised for grade 12! Hence the clearing out and redecorating of my room. Haha! I actually convinced dad to buy me a printer, so that I didn’t have to print everything out at school, yay! Hehe, I’m as obsessed with Legolas and Orlando Bloom as I always was, if not more. LOL, it’s going to be so sad with Return of the King coming out, because then like . . it’ll be over, finished. I wonder if the Lord of the Rings FanFiction community will fall away? I hope it doesn’t. I’m not leaving! Hehe, I’ve spent most of my evening rereading “Dragons or Ribbons” and “Sneezes and Swordfights”. Blah, they made me laugh again, but they kind of made me sad, actually. I turned one of my close school friends on to those two stories months back. They were the only two Lord of the Rings FanFiction stories she ever enjoyed (she’s a Harry Potter fan). We spent months at school confusing everyone else with cold speak, and exclamations of “You are nod de kig!” But, blah, we’re not friends anymore. I guess that’s why they make me sad now; the one friend I could share them with has grown so apart from me. We’re just different people, and our common interest (FanFiction) wasn’t enough to hold us together. I miss my friend, and I miss looking out for regular updates from you. When will you start posting “Slings and Arrows”? Please start posting again. If you start posting again, I’ll promise to be a better reviewer then I have been recently (now there’s an offer you can’t resist, right?). Honestly, I will be a good reviewer!
Well, goodnight,
-Pie-
Miss Raye chapter 7 . 9/6/2003
Don't tell me I'm hooked on ANOTHER fandom... Joanna.. you are CRUELTY INCARNATE!