Reviews for King and Lionheart
Daughter of Eve3 chapter 14 . 5/26
I read something today that made think of this story. I decided to reread it and it was just as fun and creative as the last time I read it.

Now I haven't heard from in a while and I'm not if you still get on this website, but if you do I want you to wanted to let you know how much your couragement help with my own. Honestly, I feel like you gave my Susan story more credit then it derived and I can't thank you enough for you encouragement you gave me. Although, I can't speak for the other Authors you induced in this or the one whom stories you reviewed, but I sure they appreciate Creative work and wonderful as I did.

I hope you keep writing, and I'm saying all of this so you would update this story. I just wanted you to how much of an impacted your words have for myself. Please take care:)

Your Friend,
Eve3
SouthwestExpat chapter 12 . 4/16/2019
I was rereading this chapter and while I see the parallel with Hagar in Genesis, Helen made me think of the widow of Zarephath Elijah stayed with... Having lost her husband, then struggling just to survive for some time...then the loss/impending loss of children. By a miracle/special revelation, her faith is strengthened and restored...

My two cents on supposed racism in Chronicles of Narnia...Aravis of Calormen waltzed straight to the top of Archenland society as Cor's queen. Their son, Ram, was therefore half-Calormene. He is called the greatest of Archenland's kings. That's impossible if the Calormenes are racially/genetically inferior.

Anyway, thought I would drop some thoughts while waiting for the next chapter. Have a blessed Holy Week and Resurrection of our Lord
MetroNeko chapter 13 . 3/16/2019
Not at all take your time, I'd be here waiting for more updates, no matter how long it takes.
MetroNeko chapter 4 . 3/16/2019
Thank goodness you didn't follow through with that reckless idea, I would have been very upset if I 'd found out that you gave up on the amazing story like 're very good, keep on writing.
SouthwestExpat chapter 14 . 2/26/2019
I really like this story. Normally not a fan of the Hunger Games but Aslan's presence goes a long way towards fixing the problems I have with that series... Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the next chapter!
petites sorcieres chapter 13 . 11/18/2018
This was absolutely excellent omg. I adore this and I really love how you managed to mix both worlds together while also making it faithful to both AND to the characters persona and relation. Susan and Edmund as the tributes is such a logical and interested team. I adore Peter and Edmund ;-; moments ;; It’s so cute. I usually dislike first person narrative but I absolutely dont mind it here. Your story is that great. Thank u so much again
Guest chapter 13 . 9/13/2018
Yay! Update!
LvcVF chapter 1 . 9/4/2018
Veri n1c3pukst0rikZ
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 12 . 9/1/2018
There was something rich and beautiful in the conversation between Helen and Aslan. The Bible references, the vision, even the way she reacted left me feeling like I had a lion's purr chasing me too. Please keep writing this.
Daughter of Eve3 chapter 13 . 8/30/2018
Your update made my day. I can't say enough about how much I love. I know you said that other writer stories have give life, and they do, but speaking for myself. I think you story gives much life any of mine. You do such a great job with the character and fitting them into the world of the Hunger Game's, and each chapter is well worth waiting for:)
Although, I'm glad you back and almost afeard you'd give up on this story.

Anyway, I loved this chapter. I feel for Lucy, she is my spirit character. I relate to in many way and I reading her intraction with Peter.

Nice job:)
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 13 . 8/30/2018
YES! IT'S THE LUCY CHAPTER!
I must say, I was so happy when I saw the notification for this story that I started crying! Good tears, I promise!
This chapter is amazing! Once more I am absolutely in awe of how you have created distinct characters in first person. Lucy's "voice" is so strong here and I can absolutely picture everything about this chapter.
I'm so glad that Peter is confiding in Lucy, even though he doesn't realise yet that she is the "Valiant Queen" Aslan mentioned, I am sure that between the two if them they can come up with a plan to save Susan and Edmund! I do hope they figure it out soon though! Helen's vision from the last chapter was absolutely chilling and made me even more worried for Edmund!
I will never lose interest in this story! I can promise you that! I definitely understand that life can throw some major curve balls and I am just so happy to see you post again inspite of them. This is my favourite in progress story, the best collaboration I have ever read, and definitely tied for first for my all time favourite work on this site! I wish I could better describe how much I love this story, but alas, I can't seem to!
I will be eagerly awaiting an update, even if it takes years...although I hope it doesn't!
All the best to you both,
-A
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 12 . 8/22/2018
I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS CHAPTER! Okay, Capslock off. Anyway, did I mention that I ADORE this chapter, especially your decision to make Helen Leonidas Calormeme? I sincerely do not find anything remotely racist! If I did I would be the worst kind of hypocrite considering my own recent foray into writing about Calormene culture. Definitely, the Tashbaan/Calormen in the Horse and His Boy is heavily influenced by the Middle East.
This chapter is completely brilliant in every way, from world building, culture and background, to characterisation and utterly amazingly and poignant development. I have read this chapter so many times! Although, I must admit it was usually in bits and pieces on the subway or while on break at work, so I haven't really been able to pay as much attention as I wanted to until now :(.
What I have to say, I don't think I've said this yet, so it is most overdue is this: I often try to avoid stories written in first person that have multiple protagonists because I nearly always find the different perspectives far too similar and therefore ineffective at creating a strong, multi-person narrative. That is certainly not a problem here! EVERY character has their own, distinctive voice, personality, inner dialogue, and an amazing history! I am so completely blown away by the amazing talent it takes to tackle such a daunting task and complete it with such perfection! I have read published, best selling novels with much less character differentiation! If I was wearing a hat, it would be off to you!
Okay, general comments aside...the specifics of this chapter are amazing! Helen and Adam's story is beautiful! Is there, perhaps, a oneshot more focused on their meeting in the works by one of you amazing authors? I would absolutely love to see a story focused on them!
Oh, how beautiful the scene with Aslan and Helen is! So beautifully written and poignant!
I love everything about this chapter and am so looking forward to the next update! I do hope it is soon! But, I will refrain from nagging :)
Cheers,
A
Guest chapter 12 . 5/25/2018
I disagree that CS Lewis was racist, if only because the two best known Colormane characters (HaHB, LB) Aravis and Emeth are good characters. Both were written with complexity and virtues rivaling and equal to the fair skinned Narnian/Archen characters, trusted Aslan, and were His Children entering the New Narnia/ New World/Heaven.

Paying homage to a beautiful culture so often vilianized is beautiful, as is the idea that one's background doesn't determine goodness or evil in a person.

keep up the writing, I want to see how the vision will play out in the world you've created. This chapter was a bit explanatory, which was necessary, but now I'm curious to how it will play out.

Blessings,
Aslan's Daughter
JubileeKnight chapter 12 . 5/23/2018
I love this take on Helen, the backstory we get for her, and Aslan's method of reassuring her! What a wonderful chapter!
Daughter of Eve3 chapter 12 . 5/23/2018
It's alright this wasn't from Lucy point of view, it was a great chapter:)

I like that you made Helen Calomere and her back story, and I like that you made Calomere one of the districts. I'm curious to see what the other districts are and who the other tributes might be.

And no I don't think your being racist and don't think C. is racist for how he wrote the Calomere. A while ago I read this article that made some good points on this subject and it also talks about Susan, basically it says how the critics are wrong. I wish I remember the name of the article I would send you a link.

Thank again for the great chapter, I look forward to reading more:)