Reviews for Well, That's a First
FluffyFierce chapter 20 . 1/3
Epic...a great balance of your value added own (hearing Beckett’s inner thoughts re Josh amusing and that special Beckett ness) and a v well written visiting of canon.
FluffyFierce chapter 19 . 12/14/2017
Revisiting those key moment was delightful, with the freshness of the fan fiction correspondence in the background...wonder if she’ll start a new fiction or if it’s the correspondence from here on in? Looking forward to more instalments
vjlee chapter 20 . 12/7/2017
Wow, that was something - the first time Beckett has ever slapped someone and the first time Castle ever told Kate that he loved her. All to say is "if only"... ;)
GT500RonSmith chapter 20 . 12/4/2017
This chapter covered a lot of ground!

Dumping the surgeon was a really good part. I like thinking of him as a jerk and your portrayal of the discussion pointed out just how much of a creep he is. What a difference it would have been had Kate told Castle about this before the crap hit the fan.

Castle had no idea where Kate's heart was in relation to himself. Shifts himself out of the equation trying to get her to stand down after being elected as the only one that might be able to get through to her. And she dismisses him just like that.

He hadn't said the words to her yet, but she had to know it already. Three years he's been by her side putting himself in harms way and doing everything he possibly could to make her life just a little bit easier. A little more fun.

Still yanks at me to think that she closes her eyes believing that she's heard the last words from him. As sweet as they were, she thinks she'll never hear them again.

I hope when she awakens from this that she allows him to repeat those words a lot sooner than in the series!
1822andallthat chapter 20 . 12/1/2017
Thanks for slapping Josh : he was being a huge jerk.

The second part of the chapter was like a ffw viewing of the end of s3. Super intense, with the added bonus of their thoughts.

What a first. *sobs*
Beetlebug chapter 20 . 11/30/2017
Caught up again and still can’t get enough...more more more
blodi52 chapter 20 . 11/30/2017
When Kate slaps Josh it's funny but the ending is sad! Great chapter, look forward for the next!
dopeysac chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
Ugh! I. . . . This ep and this chapter. So good yet it kills me. Looking forward to the next chapter.
southerngirl1 chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
Whew, hard to watch way back when and still hard to re-live it through words.
theputz913 chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
Those two firsts were definitely NOT happy firsts...but there’s nowhere to go but up now right? Curious where they go now and what firsts they encounter as we venture into season 4. So glad you updated this...hoping Beckett might embark on a new fanfic story while she is recovering at her dads cabin.
FebWriter chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
Whoa.

I'm glad Kate slapped Josh. He deserved it for those comments.

I hate it when Kate and Rick fight. This one was particularly painful. But Rick didn't say anything that wasn't true.

Montgomery knew about them all along. And he called Castle to get Beckett out of the hangar because he knew Castle would do whatever it took to keep Kate safe and alive, so for that, in my eyes, he did die a hero (although I understood Esposito's sense of betrayal and anger too, and felt it myself first time I saw the episode).

Kate getting shot at Montgomery's funeral was heartbreaking (no puns intended), and her thinking she was going to die made it so much more wrenching.

Well done.
Roadrunnerz chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
OMG you ended it there! (Of COURSE you ended it there, of course you did).
Was cool to see this pivotal episode from their different perspectives. Beckett was a handful in this one, but of course she has some powerful reasons. (It took me a minute to try and recall what the “first” was here after reading the whole chapter. But then...the slap! Of course. A very justifiable first in this case)
And Castle thinking the grass should have been black not green and Beckett thinking these would the last words she ever heard...we’re both gut wrenching.
Fix it for them! (No pressure lol)
TORONTOSUN chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
WOW, didnt see the end coming for Kate. Sad.
lovemycastle chapter 18 . 11/29/2017
totally can see castle sending those texts! love thinking about how kB break up went with Josh!
I'm Widget chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
Ouch. Reliving this hurts, even if it's their story. But I love it and look forward to reading more! I'm so glad Kate has already broken up with Josh in this version. He's such an ass.

Hope all is well with you and that you had a good Thanksgiving. Ours was tough, but we made it through. Lots of food and time and family. I took the girls to two movies while they were out of school, and we all had a blast. The theater has new recliners that are so comfortable, I almost went to sleep. lol