Reviews for Less Bliss Have Many Had
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
This was awesome and made me go yay!
Lady MSM chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
This is incredibly romantic (a bit sexy, too) and the ending is great.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
An eloquent story that fits seamlessly into Tolkien's world. Absolutely marvellous.
Sphinx chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
Tuor's arrival in Aman is as much a mystery to me as it ever was, even after reading this! A lovely interpretation on your part, with superb characterization of both Tuor, the Vala and Idril. One question, though. Has the reason Tuor was permitted to stay in Valinor bene known? And why was that not applicable to Earendil? Would it be applicable to any other mortal? Sorry if I'm being pesky, but could you please answer these? many thanks!
Levade chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Beautiful. We don't see much about Idril and Tuor as a couple, it seems, but you've portrayed everyone here so perfectly, I could almost feel the sea. Very touching.
Lady Elleth chapter 1 . 4/11/2003
Hi,

My friend and I are building a site, and we would like to include a link to this story at in our story recommendations page.

We understand if you have objections to this, and if so, please reply to this (by mail) ASAP.

Thanks!

(Sorry that I had to use your review board for this, but since you provided no mail-address...)

Best regards,

LadyElwing
Klose chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
What a great gap-filler! I for one have always wondered what befell Tuor and Idril, and I liked this explanation. Short and sweet. And I'm a sucker for elf/human romances, so I just loved the tender moment at the end! :)
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 3/12/2003
This is a lovely, lovely piece of writing. I have only recently begun to "study" the Silmarillion. I've read it before long ago, but it is making more of an inpact this time around. I have found very intriguing gaps that stories like your's have filled nicely. As time permits me I will be reading your other works, I love good fanfiction and heaven knows you have to wade through a lot of drek to get to the good stuff. I'm glad I found your work.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
What a lovely story! And a good gap-filler, too; I don't think anyone else has written about what befell Tuor and Idril after they sailed west. I like your view of the differing roles of the Eldar and the Hildor in the song, and Idril's thoughts about the differences between men and women. And it seems right that, just as the blood of Mankind was enriched by Luthien's descendents, the blood of Elvenkind will be similarly enriched by Tuor's. Though different, each race compliments the other, and BOTH are needed for the ultimate healing of Arda Marred.
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
*applauds* I'm only sorry that I haven't studied any of Tolkien's languages, and so I can't fully appreciate the poetry. Still, this is lovely - it's filled a hole in the story I didn't realize existed. The justification for Tuor's inclusion among the firstborn is both logical and bueatiful. And all of your characters are distinctly drawn. The perfect tale to cheer me up in the middle of the week *bows in Awe before the author*
Mouse chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
It's like . finding out that Tolkien *did* finish the story. The style and depth of your writing is perfect. I was never quite sure if I believed what "was sung" about the fate of Tuor and Idril, but in the way you present it, I can. Just beautiful. Thank you very much!
vorondis1 chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
It probably wasn't your intention, but I can't help seeing this as an illustration of a short passage in one of my recent Mortal Shores chapters. It breathes an air of peace and quiet appropriate to a story set in the Blessed Realm, and the description of Idril is completely in harmony with this.

For me, it also answers the long-standing question whether Idril married Tuor fully realising what he was and how it could end - it's not as if love took her by force, as happened with Luthien; Idril had much more time to think.

Tuor's conversation with Namo provides much food for thought. The Song being 'as fate' to the Elves is a concept I could never quite fathom. To be honest, I'm not sure if this story fully solves the fate vs. freedom problem, but your analysis has brought a little more clarity, and it stimulates the brain. Thanks!
Soledad chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
Your style is elegant and beautiful as always. Your grasp on Elvish tongues is amazing, as is the amount of research behind all your stories. The images are lovely - my favourite being Ulmo, disguised as a waterfall. :))

I don't know why, but reading this story I was thinking of hope, all the time.
Finch chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
A wonderful story, filling a gap that to my best knowledge was never filled before. The outcome seems inevitable, while at the same time it is convincingly argued why it had to be so: the decision concerning Tuors final fate is not random, nor is it a kind of mathematical compensation for the loss of Luthien.

It is very difficult to write Valar as the divine spirits they are, but you succeed very well here with Namo and Ulmo. The portayal of Idril is also excellent.

Finally, I was very happy with the reference to the Athrabeth, and the way you contrasted the destinies of the other Elf/Mortal couples with that of Tuor and Idril, giving each a significance of their own.
JastaElf chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Oh, erunyauve, this is just lovely-an absolute gem of a story. It fits neatly and seamlessly into canon with a particular beauty, and when the footnotes are just as fun to read, just as bright and informative and lovely, then you KNOW you have a good writer on your hands. (grin)

This is such a lyrical piece of work. The characterizations are very finely done, and the way you bring life and give a face and voice to the Valar is just wonderful. I'm not ashamed to say I cried while reading this-wept good tears, the kind that come from the viewing of a fine piece of art.

VERY nicely done.