Reviews for Whispers in the Night
Ethos chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Oh. My. WORD. That is a creepy ending. *shudders* I figured you were probably going to do something like that, otherwise the story would be strung-out and the whole beginning portion wouldn't make sense. Still... the ending's bad enough just being sad, but creepy too? Talk about a tragedy. Very, VERY good job.
HiddenValor chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Oh my...that was absolutely chilling, but brilliant. It would be easier to read with paragraph breaks, but other than that, I really, really enjoyed this story. The original characters were so well done; they fit seemlessly into the story. Your writing style is also very good-no grammatical mistakes or awkward sentence structure. Thanks for sharing.

HiddenValor
JadziaKathryn chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Oh, this is really good in a tragic way. I like how you've shown Aragorn through the others' eyes. That was a really interesting idea. I really understood the characters you made as though I'd heard of them before; you really brought them to life. Also, I really enjoyed reading something with an original character who has a purpose other than to fall in love with someone. ) Seriously, this is excellent.
Rags chapter 2 . 11/17/2003
OMG...OMG...OMG...YOU MUST BECOME AN AUTHOR!That was so good! OMG! I almost cried! That was so well-written, and the characters were in character...OMGOMGOMG!I can't get over it! I almost cried!
Failing Artist chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
-sniffle-

Beautiful!

One of the best Lord of the Rings fics I have ever read.

-Em
Leo Dragoness nsi chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Beautiful. That's all I can say. Just... wow.

-LD
Laurel Whitney chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Wow. That's all I can think to say. Wow. This rocks. Every single character came alive for me, the story moved at a pace that was casual, but not too slow. It pulled me in and kept me interested, right up until the end. A very sad ending, but I know the child will receive a good home. The anguish of those who wait to hear the fate of loved ones came through clearly, as did the fear and bravado of those fighting. Everything was first rate. Keep writing. We need more excellent fics like this one to read.
sdrtkjdr6yjdrtyj6uxe6xe46j chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Amazing! Such a range of emotions you evoke in your writing and then the ending...chilling..
GreyLadyBast chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
You made me cry. I seldom cry at fiction, and pretty much never at LOTR fanfic (there are exceptions, but they are few and far between). Curse you forever, you made me cry.

Which is to say, I loved this story, of course. I swear I could hear Grima's voice (or the actor who portrayed him, whose name escapes me at the moment) in each of his lines. Your OC's interaction was wonderfully played out, not to mention how well you portrayed Aragorn and Eowyn. I also adored Eorik's opinion of Gimli and the Elves. Basically, I adored everything about this work, up to and including that you made me cry.

Now, I know you'd like some constructive critism, but honestly all I can manage is pure gushing. Excellent work!
Aemilia Rose chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
Wow . . .

You succeeded in making me cry . . . what a sad ending.

I loved your description's of men. Especially:

"Why is it that when one of your limbs has been all but cut off, you have to make light of it, but when you stub your toe, you wail like children?"

Hehe. My friend's wil love that. I have to recommend this story to them.

Thank you for the great read!
Thalia Weaver chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Fantastic- terrific writing, original idea. We need more writers like you in this fandom, able to craft believable OCs and write this well. You're awesome.

~Thalia
NixNivis chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
I know I'm really not supposed to use the review board like this, but I just want to thank all of you for the reviews. They are very, very much appreciated!

/Nix
Brildagniriel chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Well, here's the review I've been working on! :)Oh my gosh! I loved this story! I can't believe how wonderful it was...there WILL be a sequel, right? I hope so! The OC's were great...what a great beginning in LOTR fics! :) :)
mojo2722 chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
My Dearest Nix,

I suppose you are reading this a bit dissapointed that you will not have one of my usual "scroll bar happy" reviews of a story.

Well I will admit I am no lord of the rings, but I know good fiction when I see it. At first I just parsed your chapter and was amazed at how well adept you were at handling action in your prose. You did a very good job of making sure the reader could visualize what the characters were doing during this chapter.

I'm sorry I haven't been here to post a review sooner, but I have been involved with organizing the Ke'Par Writer's Open Resource Project.(Big project email me for more details, Nix).

However, I just wanted to let you know that what I have read in this story has impressed me.

Well more than you have in the past.

*homer simpson*

Doh!

I didn't mean it that way!

I am meaning to say that your work in the past has impressed me and this work has impressed me more!

That ranting idiot,

mojo2722
Sliven chapter 1 . 3/4/2003
.Well, well. (that is, well written, well done.*smiling*) Hehehe, GrĂ­ma Rocks!