Reviews for Kully
HStorm chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
A lively plot, if a bit too loyal to the action formula of the TV series. That made for a great gameshow, but it doesn't always lend itself to written prose.
Kully's a very likeable character. Everyone loves a trier, and she's so desperate to prove herself!That makes her vulnerable of course, but that only makes the reader care more.
Pickle's mixed feelings about his sister are very in-character, most believable, especially the way it reflects on his lack of emtional self-restraint.
Your portrayal of Treguard is perhaps a bit too 'nice', but that's not necessarily inaccurate, as he became too 'nice' before the series had ended on TV.
Very accessible reading, enjoyed it a lot!
Drassil chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
An enjoyable story. Kully seems like a 'Mary-Sue character' at various points, but at the same time, she is likeable. A lot of this has to do with the fact that she challenges Pickle, and stretches his character (and to an extent, Treguard's, as well as Knightmare's general 'antechamber' format) - and this is, for me, the finest element of the story. I look forward to seeing where your other stories take Kully. Although the twist in the tale didn't work for me, it gives the story added panache.