Reviews for Solitude
Lanky Nathan chapter 12 . 7/19/2012
SHame the story ends here. I was really enjoying it! Good effort on what you have done in any case )
RandowReview chapter 12 . 10/19/2010
I get the distinct feeling of reading this many years ago... Anyway looks good, but it seems rather lacking giving its age...
Darren Alston chapter 12 . 10/15/2010
Good god, this has been going on since '03?
animedynasty chapter 12 . 10/14/2010
I haven't been to in so long... but I just received the email notification of this chapter's arrival, and I just HAD to read it.

I think that you did a very good transition from "very close" to "lovers" regarding Keitaro and Mutsumi - nothing too sentimental or too cliche, but still relatively romantic. Although, at some points it DID seem slightly emotionless, but I'm not complaining!

As for whether you do a lemon - it'd be cool, but that's just because I love your writing in general xD

Keep up the good work!
Kortir chapter 12 . 10/14/2010
Excellent chapter. It's been a while, I had to go back and read the last chapter over again, but it's so nice to see a good LH fic updating! Your writing has only improved I think, I certainly wouldn't say no to the lemon if you care to write it. I prefer AFF, personally, their system is much more organized. Either way, I look forward to the next chapter as well!
Drac-frst chapter 4 . 10/13/2010
Just wanted to point out here (since I've seen it several times now) that when you say "more or less", you mean "much less". Ex. 'He'd never seen Fuyutsuki before, /much less/ met the man'.

other than that, it's pretty solid, grammar-wise, to say nothing of the story itself. I'll comment on the story as a whole when I'm up to the new chap...
Major Mike Powell III chapter 12 . 10/13/2010
Well, well, soldier...

THIS...was...O

Very realistic, very S-W-EET, very WAFFy'n FLUFFy! O

Now, let's wait for the crazyness. XD

Oh yeah, and I really oughtta read that lemon! O

N-I-CE work, marine! Keep it up!

Update ASAP! That's an order!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
Wonderbee31 chapter 12 . 10/13/2010
Wonderful part there, and really enjoyed how it's currently working out for both Kei and Mu there, and do hope that even as the craziness and pettiness that exists at Hinata Inn at time comes forward, that Keitaro will continue to man up and say enough to the girls that won't let it go.
The Lady Massacre chapter 10 . 7/25/2010
Massacre again.

I just realized that I kept referring Mutsumi as Matsuri.

Haha. I'm sorry about that, Kumorigoe.

:) Lovely story, again.
The Lady Massacre chapter 11 . 7/25/2010
Hello! This is Massacre-chan from the Muse Bunny politely answering your call for a review on your story. :)

Alright, I have to admit, I've never even heard of the 'Love Hina' anime or manga, but I don't particularly think that matters. As I read your story from the beginning, I began to develop an understanding of the characters as best as I could, seeing as I couldn't find any true descriptions of them any where. I truly don't know if the characters were in character or not, so I won't be focusing on that for the most part.

For one thing, let me tell you how much I did enjoy reading this story. I like your style. Not many can truly write a first person story while having it flow easily- you did that. It kept me reading.

The characters, I think, were believable. While I would have liked to see further character development, (i.e. between Matsuri and Keitaro, the individual reactions of Matsuri's presence in Hinata House, as well as Keitaro's own development throughout the story) I thought you handled it pretty well. It may have been better if you were to write the characters abusive behaviors toward Keitaro and his reactions to it before he decided to leave. That way, individuals such as myself who have never read/heard of the fandom could fully grasp the situation.

Honestly, the thought of them admitting to loving (or liking each other very much, if you'd rather put it that way) so early on makes me cringe. Now while I enjoyed this story and the pairing, if you were to go a little more in depth into the characters and why they like each other so much over a few chapters, giving it a gradual effect, I think it would improve it. However, if you don't particularly like doing that, I can relate.

Personally, I think Naru should have been a bit more... aggressive, when it came to Keitaro's and Matsuri's relationship. While I don't know her character fairly well, the way you wrote her made it sound like she did like Keitaro, even if it is only a small fraction of affection. Or, I could have been misreading her character, in which case I think she would be... shocked, and a little angry, that that his affections were directed elsewhere. Of course, these are only my personal views of the character, and Naru could just as easily be relieved.

I also think you should have expanded on Keitaro's thoughts and feelings on the girls treatment of him. Him becoming angry at the girls, as well as his sudden development of a backbone, seemed a bit abrupt. Now while I don't think that you should have slowly eased the readers into it, I think it was still a bit too soon.

Now, onto something else. Like I had said before, you can write and the way the story flows easily is proof of that. However, there were minor grammar errors that anyone can make, I'm sure I made them in this review somewhere, a long with a few missing words but it didn't hinder the quality of the story so far.

Well, I think that's that. Again, I really did like the story, and though I've never heard of Love Hina I want to read more. I'm alerting, and I hope this review helps. :)

Keep writing!

Massacre-chan.
Shigur3 chapter 11 . 5/23/2010
Been a while since I read this, it's as excellent as always.

A few problems have already been pointed out but I think they're minor.

My only problem is that in chapter 3 you state Mutsumi is an only child (single child as you put it) and then in chapter 4 you say she grew up as one of several sisters.

I know the latter is true for the Mutsumi in canon but obviously this Mutsumi is different in ways, so if you could clarify which it is that would be great.

Will wait for more.

:- Shig-san
bobsickle chapter 4 . 5/23/2010
Good story so far, but since I think no-one else asked, how did tama-chan end up in the Hinata-sou, didnt Mutsumi give it to them.
Sailor Enlil chapter 11 . 5/22/2010
Nice work man! Keep it up!
Higashiyama Sayuri's Devout chapter 7 . 5/21/2010
This a nice relaxing kind of fic... i love it.
Starfire99 chapter 11 . 5/21/2010
Ok, two things. First, I'm confused on who Mutsumi actually is. Is she a modified version of the Mutsumi from the series, or is she a totally new character that just shares the same name with Mutsumi? Because I know the original Mutsumi was from Okinawa, not Kyoto. And she was a "melon farmer" if I remember correctly, and had nothing to do with music.