Reviews for The XCOM Files
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 116 . 10/16
Interesting.
This...man seems to be a just a psychopathic terrorist on the outside, but when you look closer, it appears to be much more.
It seems that the reason he does all of these things is to warp the Dath'Haram collective consciousness of pacifism and peace to his will, not just for shock value. Interesting take on a villian, especially if XCOM is working alongside him.
The real question-what will he do if he succeeds?
That, I do not want to find out.
Beorl chapter 115 . 10/1
Liked this chapter of andromedon history a lot.
One of the last books i have read focused on the aspects of How we deal with time, past, present and future, is symptomatic of our relation with the links of memory. Fran├žois Hartog calls It presentism the constant need of the present mankind to learn more of its perviewed past. Er.. hmm.. all this Just to say that i really liked this chapter of a different relationhip with time and past for a different species.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 115 . 9/30
Wow. That conclusion was...to say the least, deep.
Sure, on the outside, Andromedons can be seen as overly competitive, self-destructive beings who care nothing more than to beat the other guys, but on the inside, it's a want for control, just at the cost of millions/billions/trillions/etc. of lives.
Jeez.

It's very cool to see some weird suity bois from XCOM 2 given such deep (and interesting!) background.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 114 . 9/30
Thanks for making more of these kinds of files man. It really shows how incompetent and idiotic politicians are. I mean, ADVENT is the only way to fight the aliens! Why not join them? Because of some stupid trade deal? C'mon. We're facing a possible genocide for all they know, and they're worried about politics and money? In reality, the sad thing is that if this did happen in real life, politicians would probably act like this.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 113 . 9/29
I can see the headlines now...
"XCOM. Join us. We have Cthulhu as our mascot. Yes, the squid thing. Why? You know what, just forget about it."

Always good to have more lols from the memelord Ethereal.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 112 . 9/3
Well, that's a hell of away to deal with bullying. Bravo.
Thanks again for another descriptive chapter on how ADVENT affects its daily citizen' lives. I really like how you make ADVENT actually competent when dealing with issues (as compared to various other examples). Where did you get the inspiration for ADVENT? (Besides XCOM 2, of course, in name only).
Great chapter as usual.
wanderer097 chapter 111 . 8/31
Is AEGIS a result of the Imperator's meddling? Or is it really human foresight and practicality?
I do agree with the Zar'chon that aggression and xenophobia would be a more common human response. The thing is humans are so diverse both practical and idealists would see it is easier to make peace than to exterminate alien sentient species. There is no reason humans cannot learn valuable lessons it is just that everyone has their own interpretation. And it is really just common sense to attack your attacker in a conflict and most don't think beyond the short term.
BuckMain chapter 111 . 8/31
when you realize aliens and the internet 2: electric boogaloo is coming out with hl3.

regardless I enjoy the backstory here, keep up the good work
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 111 . 8/31
Geez, the Zar'Chon just went full Alex Jones in that last part. Geez.
In all honesty, I really like how you have found a way to peacefully incorporate aliens into a seemingly (and not so, as it would seem) xenophobic government. It really shows the human compassion to love and care for anyone, human or not.
Thank you again for shining a bright light on dark times.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 110 . 8/30
Would you like to know more?

Bonus points if you get that reference.
baud001 chapter 100 . 8/27
It was a very good chapter, with fun interactions and good memes (I wonder where did you get the idea of a memelord etheral) and the writing is good. Also I find that it reflects rather well the various communities, at least as far as I know.

Regarding the Quisilia branded Bible, according to Wikipedia, the Bible has been translated in 670 languages, so I don't think that in 150 languages, you'd get one without a Bible translation, unless the languages were chosen on purpose.

"One of the more mild threads where they celebrate France joining ADVENT, with a healthy dose of xenophobia" here you perhaps should have indicated wether the xenophobia is against aliens or other human since, in that situation, both are possible.

Still I had a good time reading this chapter, thank you!
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 109 . 8/16
Love
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 109 . 8/16
So...this guy's basically a zombie with a respawn ability? With a biological weapon fetish and the mindset of the average human teenager? Sounds like a hell of a guy to fight, until you take into account that he's basically a puppet. As intimidating as this guy sounds, based off this file and the Paradise-related chapters of your series, I can't help but to feel some kind of sympathy, albeit a low amount, for this guy. At this point, only his sister really gives a damn about him.
Aegis was right: in the Imperator's eyes, everyone and everything is a means to an end.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 107 . 8/2
Hmm. Maybe it isn't all the Creator's fault this...Bringer thing made her its slave.
Damn you, Imp.
And seriously, I must thank you for adding even more lore to this wonderful series. It really fleshes out characters/motivations/events/etc. Not many ff authors that I've seen do that.

Just a question: Did you get the inspiration for the Bringer's name from Mass Effect's Harbinger? Just asking.
OfficialWeedTesterGuy chapter 106 . 8/1
Aside from that RvB reference, this whole incident that you've written has put a very somber and sickening note on this conflict. You have reminded us that, unfortunately, war is hell. And in that regard, I thank you for adding more emotional moments and weight to this series, so us readers can become more invested, whereas many fanfic writers simply write war as 'boom boom kill, blow s**t up, move out to the next one'. And the way you wrote it, not only will the characters want revenge, but I think the readers will too.

Excellent job, as always.