Reviews for War Scars
pandi19 chapter 4 . 7/3
"The young Parisian had been a pain in the ass, that was certain, but he'd been theirs."
That line got me- the bond of brotherhood.

The plan to save the people was amazing! I enjoyed so many things.
1. The safe location.
2. This exchange-
"Do you know where we are?"
"Are we talking...literally or figuratively?"

d'Artagnan thanking Porthos for being his family was everything. I had all the feels on that one.

Porthos' injury and aftermath was really good h/c. I loved how he called for Aramis.

"You called for Aramis so much...for a little bit there, I actually thought he might show up."
My heart.

And finally I love Bauer (this you already knew). His backstory! Love!
pandi19 chapter 3 . 6/25
Athos smiled. Smiled. How much do I love this? So much.

I really liked Constance drawing Aramis back into the fold with the different types of battles.

"It weren't something easy to talk about...let alone with someone who represents the only light in your world."
THIS. 3
pandi19 chapter 2 . 6/25
I really like how you bookended the balance between d'Artagnan & Athos and Aramis & Porthos. It was hard to actually see the men unsuccessfully try to get Aramis to come with them. Poor Porthos, it's never good to see him quiet.

d'Artagnan's armor not fitting reminded me a lot of A Knight's Tale. Of course he would get shot when he wasn't wearing it. I adored (because I'm a sadist?) the scar causing injury 1) attempted murder creates friends like no other. Lol. 2) Seeing Porthos take charge 3) cauterization and shock. You're the best!

I love the young ones. I see so much of d'Artagnan in Bastien.
pandi19 chapter 1 . 6/25
Wonderful start. For all we know this is exactly what happened when the men made it back to the garrison. The intensity of Constance's emotions and desire is so well written I felt them along with her. I loved all the little details how d'Artagnan was sprawled on his back, the call back to Bonacieux's curse of their love, d'Artagnan's nightmare. I. Loved. It!
Keesha chapter 1 . 6/17
Well written. Nice saga.
arduna chapter 9 . 6/11
I've done it again; devoured every word to the end without stopping to reward you with praise. I think it's because this is just perfection in every way, so I don't know where to begin. I wanted to pick out more phrases but honestly, your every paragraph is a gem. Not just well written, not just part of an exciting story, not just well plotted and well characterised, but actual gems of language, glistening with imagery and glowing with the depth of feeling they evoke. The last few paragraphs are gorgeousThe sound of weapons hitting her floor as the soldier bearing them made way for something more important."... "Nothing between them but air"... The new scars that "together told the story of a brotherhood"... "Because of them, I get to keep you." I cannot imagine that there will be another story that I will read more often than this one, and that is high praise considering the number of amazing authors we are lucky enough to have writing here. Why isn't there a "all-time most favourite" rating I can give you? All I can do is thank you SO much for the time you spent crafting this incredible story and for allowing us to share your vision of their war.
lauriebug chapter 9 . 6/9
Gaelic, I love when you gift us with stories of "the boys"...it's always torture to wait for your Musketeer Muse to strike again.

REALLY enjoyed this one! Unplugged my phone, turned off the tv, and devoured the whole thing in one sitting.

Loved the way you structured it, and appreciated that you let each character have a moment to shine, even though it was really d'Artagnan's story. (obviously, you can tell which segment was my favorite, lol) Fantastic action sequences, as usual, but balanced with heart and emotion, without being sentimental. Just the right amount of "whump", too. I really felt for Constance, and you even made made me like Season 3 Porthos again! Your original characters were a nice addition; poor little George and his "Captain, my Captain" moment had me reaching for a tissue.

Your Athos and Aramis scenes are always a treat - can we hope for an adventure spotlighting the 2 of them some day? Something from their early days? Pleeeeeeassse?

Our little Gascon is all grown up now, isn't he? sigh...

Lauriebug aka "always_aramis"
arduna chapter 4 . 6/7
I am reading this for the second time in order to actually give you a review. You only have yourself to blame because the first time I just couldn't bring myself to pause to comment! It was far too gripping and perfect a story, and I just devoured it in one go then didn't want to lose the feeling of it by doing the one-fingered-typing-on-a-small-screen thing. Second time around I've already galloped through the first two chapters again without commenting, but I will go back, if only because you have some amazing, incredible phrases that say SO much in so few words and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your work . So in this chapter, if I can tear myself away from the storyline and the feelings you evoke, I cherish lines likeSeeing so much death put a weight on all of them. Causing so much death added the chains."
andd'Artagnan grinned, the expression erasing years from his eyes." I mean, come on, it is actually unfair that you are so good! Your story line is just perfect, filling in those missing war years that affected them all so deeply but which couldn't be squeezed into the series; your characterisation is absolutely spot on; and on TOP of that you drop these little gems in, good enough to be poetry? I am so in awe! l love the fireside chat, d'Artagnan's ambition to dance with his wife, the attempt to make sense of what they do in war... and I nearly cried when d'Artagnan was spiralling, and looked to Porthos to ground him, not Athos, and then Porthos says the war will scar them in ways no one will see but them ... so poignant. Amazing writing, not a word out of place and one I will cherish over and over. Honestly.
LovinJackson chapter 9 . 6/1
I loved this ending. It was actually quite beautiful. d’Artagnan’s pain, the boys understanding of that pain. Treville bringing them all together at the end and making sure things were under control before leaving them to it. A sense of some form of normalcy starting to seep back into them with Athos being knowing and smart, Porthos and Aramis eating and drinking together and d’Artagnan pushing past his pain and letting himself be anchored into training the newbies.

It all sat so lovely and I loved how this story was all in a way told from a very Constance POV. Through her we got to learn what happened along with her. Very smart story-telling.

Thank you for writing and posting this. I love it!
LovinJackson chapter 8 . 6/1
Oh George *sniff*

No! Bastien! Ughhh!

This was a hard chapter just because it was so heartbreaking. I hate losing OC’s that I have grown to love.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED how you tied this in to the first episode of Season 3. Very freaking clever and very apt.
LovinJackson chapter 7 . 6/1
You know. I just want to say before I carry on about anything else in this chapter, I LOVE the interactions between Aramis and Athos. Whether it be in the show or on paper. I know the show tends to focus on the pairs of Athos and d’Art and then Porthos and Aramis but I really love the relationship between Athos and Aramis. Just … felt like I needed to express this for some reason haha

Awww d’Art’s hurt over Athos’ lies. Poor babies pain is jumping right off the page.

Oh dear god, the moments between them all. Are you TRYING to kill me?

“Aramis sat against the wall, eyes staring sightlessly into the flames, memories so thick around him she could practically collect them with a butterfly net.” – This … this imagery is perfect.
This chapter was so heart breaking and rewarding all at once. I am in awe of your ever-growing talent.

Before I move onto the next chapter I just want to say one more thing. I LOVE your Constance. She is the best!
LovinJackson chapter 6 . 6/1
I finally got to sit and read this and it was amazing. I hurt for them all. I really, really do. I love that Athos in a sense understands Aramis’ plight. I love that he loves him and wants him back but does in a sense understand. I think without having that person Aramis’ journey within himself would have been a whole lot harder than it already was.

I loved that you had him doing something here during the war! I know why he sent himself to that monastery but Aramis I don’t think could ever lose that urge to help and save people so giving him that opportunity to help the wounded which ultimately brought him in contact with Athos and d’Artagnan (Even if only when unconscious) was fantastic and appreciated. I could feel his desperation jump out of the page from your words. It’s no secret that Aramis is my favourite and for someone whose favourite character differs from mine, I think sometimes you are still my favourite Aramis writer because he is always true to how I see him and in such a sweet, sweet painful way. Thank you for that.

I think my favourite part was after they had decided that they would be leaving when d’Artagnan could travel but that Aramis and Baur wouldn’t be going with them. That night, in that cell with d’Artagnan not being able to see and talking to Athos with Aramis and Baur staying quiet ... It was both beautiful and heartbreaking. Not just for our boys but for Baur. One thing I have to say, and in fact I believe I have said it in the past as well, you managed to write and bring to life the most amazing OC’s. Im not just saying that. There is a reason you are my favourite FanFic writer. I don’t think that will ever change. You are the BOMB!

Thank you for this chapter. It was beautiful and Poignant 3
RowanaSilverwind chapter 9 . 5/31
Wonderful! Fantastic! I'm having trouble coming up with the words to describe my reaction right now. Your writing is simply stunning! You capture both the world and the time period beautifully and I felt drawn into every paragraph. You not only write the lead characters well, but also your original characters. I found myself drawn to them just as much and I loved all their stories. I don't often get emotional reading fanfiction, but this one touches on some really deep emotions of love, brotherhood, loss, and just trying to find humanity in the middle of so much madness. Truly I loved it! You are incredibly talented and I hope you will keep writing for years to come!
LovinJackson chapter 5 . 5/31
Wow! This story is just getting heavier and heavier the more I read. d’Artagnan back in town for days and already getting arrested by the Red Guard lol. I found that amusing. They are such arseholes.

But as im sure you’re well aware, it was the building moment between Porthos and Aramis that had me on the edge of my seat. The pain in the pair of them was just so palpable. Wow. I actually really like how Athos just knows things. And knows how to handle things. I really do love the way you right him …. In fact I love the way you right them all.

On now Im intrigued … onto the next part :)
MusketeerAdventure chapter 9 . 5/29
Very thoughtful and beautifully written ending to your story! Full of remembrances; brotherhood and love! This was wonderful! Thank you!
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »