Reviews for Hearts of Red and Green
sand beneath our feet chapter 3 . 7/19
I love it
sand beneath our feet chapter 2 . 7/19
Wow. All of your one shots are really touching and heartbreaking and amazing
Link Fangirl01 chapter 5 . 5/20
AAAAAHH THIS IS SO CUTE. I LOVE MARRIED FICS, hetero especially. They make me happy.
Ikari StarKnight chapter 5 . 5/19
Awesome!
LoB chapter 1 . 5/19
So these were really cute and fun to read! You know how to employ tone and enhance pace. Your language is clear, with the right amount of suggestive detail. With that said, here are some individual thoughts and a suggestion:

1-Jealousy
The use of soda pop bubbles is unique and endearing. The closeness of the Garrison trio is perfectly portrayed, as is the connection of the ending to the beginning (i.e. showing Keith's relationship with his dad vs. Pidge's). The last line is also hilarious.

2-Loss
My personal favorite, this is when your use of tone is at its strongest and most manipulative peak. You're able to build up emotion instead of relying on plot or even urgency. It shows the two characters at their rawest and most vulnerable moments. I also like the focus on Keith's insecurities, as the new leader. I hope that gets explored in canon.

3-Change
Gruesome detail and description I delighted in reading.

4 & 5-Crush & Growth
"That I am sorely unappreciated by my peers" is probably my favorite bit of banter from all the oneshots. It's clever and fits the comical tone you pull from start to finish in "Crush." The "marriage" bit is also hilarious and delightful. The fact they do get married in "Growth" is even funnier.

The only suggestion I have for you is to look out for commas, or rather employ them more. While your prose is clean-cut, you sometimes fail to put a comma that'd separate one idea from the other; two parts of one sentence would bleed into the other, and I'd balk whether or not you had inserted an extra word or if I understood the sentence correctly. One example is from "Loss," where Pidge "clenched her jaw eyes beginning to water." Every time I read this sentence, I don't register the "eyes" part and think it's her "jaw" watering—or don't register "jaw" and think her "eyes" are being clenched. Be on the lookout for those commas.

Otherwise, I very much enjoyed reading your oneshots! I hope to see more from you!
Aaawwe
DerpyDino511 chapter 5 . 5/19
D'awwww.
DaisyTheKitten chapter 5 . 5/19
I'm going to have heart failure due to all the sweetness!
That was soooo cute!
PipeDream chapter 4 . 5/18
Oh I was freaking out at the end, I was freaking out good god these two will be the death of me
You have opened my eyes to yet another ship
Also I found their reaction to the proposal just spot on! I can totally picture the stuttering and frantic lies and pointing and it's so in tune with the show!
PipeDream chapter 2 . 5/18
Oh my god
OH MY GOD OH MY god OH MY god
We'll find our brothers...please dear god let that turn out to be a line in season 3, it is just PERFECT
DaisyTheKitten chapter 4 . 5/16
My heart! You are awesome! Kidge is my otp and there are hardly any stories about it! Please continue!
Oooooooohhhhhhhhh mmmmmmyyyyyyyy goooodddnnneeessss! I love this fic!
I love this! Maybe in a future chapter, Pidge could react when Keith gets injured?
Smokey-Wisp chapter 1 . 5/10
Really sharp geek dialog, and of course Pidge would be a Star Trek fan.

Your characterizations nicely understated and you paint an interesting backstory of Keith and his father.

Thanks for writing this.