Reviews for Promises Unbroken
Sirius was born in 1959, but other than that, I really love the plotline and the way everything is. And oml. This is beautiful
Jane Janett chapter 1 . 7/6
I literally read untile the grave stone initials of Sirius' grave and I am crying. I don't know if I can continue reading as a major Sirius Black stan & if I could survive Lily and James alive and Sirius dead. :( omg, I just want some Lily, james and Sirius and Remus in their 30s ahhhhh
chuffed4angst chapter 41 . 6/24
Great story!
Anonymous chapter 4 . 6/19
Why is Lupin the headmaster?Andwhere did Dumbledore go?
Kite04 chapter 22 . 5/22
Sorry for leaving a guest review, but I can't log in atm.

Anyway, this story is turning out better and better than I expected. I didn't expect it to be bad, but certainly not this good. The chapters, while short, contain real story instead of filler, and the interactions between the characters are well done.

I also like the change you made to some minor characters, namely Figg and Dung. Though I have to say it's quite jarring to see a dependable Dung, lol.

Oddly enough, the only thing that I find annoying in this story is Harry. In canon, his outburst could be understood because he really had done so much more than most of the adults, but here he's just a brat throwing a tantrum when the adults won't tell him things. I hope that you would have him show some maturity from now on, since he was now on the side to keep the secrets from his friends.
E.L.A.I.N.E The Mage chapter 41 . 5/10
Hot dam. That's all I have to say.
JadeMWong chapter 40 . 5/5
Ahh, this was amazing! I love this AU and I find myself wishing that this was canon. I love the way you portray the Marauders, their friendship and brotherhood, their ups and downs, it's all done so well that some scenes have brought tears to my eyes and my heart definitely swells at the thought of them 3 I will definitely read Promises Remembered!

There's just one thing that doesn't sit right with me: Sirius and Julia. On one hand, I'm glad he has someone to love, but on the other hand...would Sirius Black ever love a Malfoy, even someone so different from a typical Malfoy? Just a little difference in opinion, I think, but I'm still going to read! Overall, seriously well done :) Now onwards to Promises Remembered!
Jade chapter 19 . 5/3
Sirius is alive! Thank Merlin. Onwards to the next chapter.
Jade chapter 6 . 5/2
Omg the tears. I wish I had discovered this story sooner! You show the depth of the Marauders' friendship and brotherhood superbly and I really love this AU.
Emma chapter 22 . 4/23
I don't usually cry over books, but I will admit that you've caused me to shed more than a few tears, more than once. Well done, author, well done.
Prodigy Of War chapter 34 . 4/19
At this point its all laid out and im very excited about the story, so excited implacing a spoiler that i hope im right about. They are absolutely right, the spell never worked on sirius. But sirius was not the only one captured!
Ev chapter 20 . 4/8
Wow! I can’t stop reading!
romeosami7 chapter 9 . 3/30
overpowered git, flying without broom. WTF!
AngelMorph chapter 40 . 2/26
Hey Robin, made it all the way through to this chapter last night, then I hit this line: « A new sense of optimism permeated the castle, and Harry heard students whom he had never even heard discussing the war declaring that victory might be right around the corner. Although he felt that that assessment was a tad premature, Harry was heartened to find people beginning to believe. » Excellent foreshadowing for the disaster that was about to happen... and decided I was better off not reading THAT right before bed...

Read it this morning, and even as a re-read, I loved it. Perfect pacing from start to finish, from Remus collapsing, to Dumbledore giving the order to evacuate, to the shrilling project Guardian (love the Bill / Molly exchange in that scene), to Sirius’ thought process bringing down the wards, to James and Peter in the elevator with the panicky witch, to the entire scene in the atrium, ending in that unforgettable line...

Thanks again for the journey, off to re-read PR now...
Redthai chapter 24 . 2/16
I figured I might as well tell you at this random moment that I am completely engrossed in your story and it severely impairing my work. I can't stop though because it just keeps getting better and I have to know what happens next! I'm so glad that this is already complete because considering that this is definitely one of the more intense stories I've read in awhile I don't think I'd be able to handle the anxiety of having to wait weeks at time for each new chapter. Your story is very well done and well written.

Though...on a slightly different note, as I've just finished Ch. 23, I do fully understand why you did it, and part of me may even say it was necessary, but...I'm still holding a small grudge that you killed off Minerva before she could even be in the story. She is in my top 3 favorite characters and I hate that she had to die. :( But I like I said, I do see where you're coming from and so much of this story would not be taking place if she were alive.
3,152 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »